Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

The CONQUAS 21 Score for Linear Green, whose project name is Bedok Town Centre C6, is out.

Uber low score of 78.9 for Architectural works - more gunpower to take HDB & Surbana International Consultants to task!

S.No    FY    PROJECT           CATEGORY        CONTRACTOR            DEVELOPER    STRUCT SCORE%    ARCH SCORE%    M&E SCORE%    CONQUAS SCORE
1     2008 Bedok Town Centre C6 Public Housing China Constr (SP) Devt     HDB         95.3             78.9           96.2             85.5

main_about0.jpg

The Construction Quality Assessment System or CONQUAS was developed by the Building and Construction Authority in co-operation with major public sector agencies and various leading industry professional bodies to measure workmanship quality in a completed building. Since the launch of CONQUAS in 1989, more than 2,238 public and private building projects have been assessed by BCA. The total cumulative contract value exceeding S$81.9 billion.

As a de facto national quality yardstick for the industry, CONQUAS has been periodically fine-tuned to keep pace with changes in technology and quality demands of more sophisticated Singaporeans.

cs_manual.jpg

What does CONQUAS cover?

CONQUAS covers three main aspects of the general building works:

1. Structural works - covers the structural integrity and helps to safeguard the interest of building occupants in relation to safety.
  2. Architectural works - deals with the aesthetic of the building such as finishes and components. This is the part where the quality and standard of workmanship are most visible.
  3. Mechanical & Electrical (M & E) works - concerns with the performance of selected mechanical and electrical services and installations to ensure the comfort of the building occupants.
Who are the assessors?

A team of assessors from the Building and Construction Authority carries out assessments.

main_standards0.jpg Assessment Areas

FLOORS

INTERNAL WALLS

CEILING

DOORS & WINDOWS

COMPONENTS
BASIC MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL (M&E) FITTING

What does the CONQUAS 21 score mean?

In CONQUAS 21, the weightages for Structural, Architectural and M&E works are allocated according to public housing buildings are as follows:

Structural Works 45%

Architectural Works 50%

M&E Works 5%

The weightage system, which is aimed at making the CONQUAS score objective in representing the quality of a building, is a compromise between the cost proportions of the three components in the various buildings and their aesthetic consideration.

The CONQUAS score of a building is the sum of points awarded to the three components.

A high CONQUAS Score means a building with good quality workmanship. A CONQUAS Score of 80 indicates 80% of the items checked for workmanship quality in the selected samples met the CONQUAS standards. A CONQUAS Score of 100 means the best-constructed building or ideal building. However, it is not possible to achieve a defect free building. A building achieving a CONQUAS Score of 80 is better constructed than a building with a CONQUAS Score of 75.

Edited by DSA

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi all,

I got a prob! a serious problem!

My toilet bowl, down below to bottom where **** end up. Got rusty mark....

I try to use toilet duck and flush. Mark still there. Use Ikea $2 brush to clean also cannot.

Anyone have rust stain bottom of the toilet bowl (where **** end) experience.

Please share your method!!!!

Thanks!!!

ahhhhhhh....we cant go for the sale bcos we are away.will be going to bkk fora short holiday though...ask then ah neh n son go singapore cricket club n play lah if they think they can make it...

realise that most neighbour opposite my blk have moved in...all sleep early leh...

ahhhhhhh....we cant go for the sale bcos we are away.will be going to bkk fora short holiday though...ask then ah neh n son go singapore cricket club n play lah if they think they can make it...

realise that most neighbour opposite my blk have moved in...all sleep early leh...

hahah, always see you watch Man U match... :dancingqueen:

yeah, Man U thrash Inter...Glory glory Man united and the Reds go marching on on on :dancingqueen:

hahah, always see you watch Man U match... :dancingqueen:

yeah, Man U thrash Inter...Glory glory Man united and the Reds go marching on on on :dancingqueen:

where gt trashed? remember inter hit the poles 2 times suay... but united is stronger so they deserve to go through.. guess only barca n bayern can win them on the paper... hmmz... :)

lai la.. nxt time, watch soccer jio leh.. haha

blurer: i also see u watch matches from ManU.hahah,so we aim each other lah.hahahaha.kopitiam so quiet, so lousy, nuthin to eat... but i think need to go elsewhere n watch also cos my wife start to ask me, if i nv bet on soccer, y i so kan cheong when they are near the goal keeper..hum..there are somethings women dun understand.hahaha.like they so kan cheong when they see there are sales around! hahaha

blurer: i also see u watch matches from ManU.hahah,so we aim each other lah.hahahaha.kopitiam so quiet, so lousy, nuthin to eat... but i think need to go elsewhere n watch also cos my wife start to ask me, if i nv bet on soccer, y i so kan cheong when they are near the goal keeper..hum..there are somethings women dun understand.hahaha.like they so kan cheong when they see there are sales around! hahaha

Me Man U supporter mah, very long liao.

Yup, i also dun bet but whenever see opponent attck, i also will be kan cheong. Hope this sat, Man U will win.

"You will never walk alone cos the Reds Devil are chasing them" :bleah:

It been more than 2 weeks since renotalk is down.

Anyway i have a few inquiry

1. book lice ( not too sure).

I hope quite quite many in storeroom. but i cant confirm what they are. not black, not white.. a bit transparent greyish. I use vacuum and suck them all... but i believe they will come back. How to do preventive action?

2. Iron & Ironing Board

Saw differences in price. And the size, weight also matter. for young couple, does it matter a good pair of iron and ironing board?

3. Underneath Sink Area

This is mostly inside your cabinet which have a lot of storage place. It like a big box. So what storage system or method you use to organize this area.

Thanks man!!

I hope quite quite many in storeroom. but i cant confirm what they are. not black, not white.. a bit transparent greyish. I use vacuum and suck them all... but i believe they will come back. How to do preventive action?

perhaps moth balls will help. 1 pack is like $1. I throw a few balls in my wardrobe, and the rest leave it open in the storeroom. Also impt to keep the rm dry and food free. I know pple who keep canned food and unopened rice in the store.

2. Iron & Ironing Board

Saw differences in price. And the size, weight also matter. for young couple, does it matter a good pair of iron and ironing board?

IMO depends on personal preference. I prefer heavy ironing board coz it's more sturdy, such that when u iron, the board won't rock with you. Of coz the downside is the board is gonna be heavy for ladies. The iron itself is your own choice. You should probably ask yourself who will be the one doing most of the ironing chores, then choose something both of u are comfortable with. Best is both of u go buy together, then no future complains.

u can also consider those clothes steamer. GIANT sometimes selling quite cheap at abt $88.

3. Underneath Sink Area

This is mostly inside your cabinet which have a lot of storage place. It like a big box. So what storage system or method you use to organize this area.

My wife bought a plastic shelving at Fairprice

Edited by spidey

It been more than 2 weeks since renotalk is down.

Anyway i have a few inquiry

2. Iron & Ironing Board

3. Underneath Sink Area

Thanks man!!

Bro u were mentioning bout the lice, i suppose u will find them on unfinish wood or clothes. am i right? do sms me to know more. 96919923 Jason