Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

As mentioned, I bought one of those DIY dual flush system for $27.50 (price now $29).

Fitted it this afternoon in the guest room, seem to be working. I can slide a level to control the half flush volume (minimum is just a trickle of water, max is about 3/4 of our current flush volume). Also can control the full flush volume (about our current flush volume).

Only needed to

a) Take out the two side white nut, (use hand can loosen) and disconnect the inlet pipe (need a adjustable spanner)

b) Take out the whole bowl (HDB glue the back 2 spots with silicon, use a screwdrive to pry loose)

c) Loosen the big nut holding the central flush, (keep the black seal at bottom for reuse)

d) take out the central flush system, replace with the dual flush system

e) Reverse step a to c

f) Change the top press button with the dual flush buttons

g) Adjust the level of the trigger,

h) Adjust the half flush/full flush levels

i) test flush

j) Check if any leakage

k) Keep the old single flush system for emergency refitting

Hope I can save money from all those small flushing B-) :seeya:

Now, the next problem is how do I measure how much water is used in the half/full flush....hmmmm

hi bro, can i know where u got the flush system? do sms me pls? 96919923 Jason

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi all,

Welcome back everybody.

I thanks you guys for the helping. I will like to mention more about book lice. They are actually found in my storeroom which current "house" my remaining paint & tiles.

Seriously, i have my doubts on there is still remaining paints & tiles in my storeroom. are they the cause of book lice since they are maybe damp?

As for the Iron & board, maybe we will see how it goes.. i dun wanna get something which is exp and we did not use.

As for shelving, i will go to NTUC or cold storage later on and take a look on their offering.. maybe got more selection?

The other day, i am talking to my neighbor about water mark when doing tile cleaning using mop. She told me it a NORM. I am thinking whether i can eliminate it totally by changing the cleaning solution.

Thanks.

It been more than 2 weeks since renotalk is down.

Anyway i have a few inquiry

1. book lice ( not too sure).

I hope quite quite many in storeroom. but i cant confirm what they are. not black, not white.. a bit transparent greyish. I use vacuum and suck them all... but i believe they will come back. How to do preventive action?

I think what you have got are "silver fish".

wow, its been a long long time since the forum is down...hope everyone is fine.

anyways,my flushing problem seems to be back,i had not been using then master toilet, only emergency when the common one is occupied, but the **** can come back to the WC about 2 days later!! so kua zhang rite? i saw that the water suddenly turn brownish and flush it away, then it came back again! only after i flush it about 2 more times then it din come back...OMG....is this due to the lack of use of is there really something wrong with the WC system.

also saw that there is a notice that the lift is under surveillance, duno real or not leh, din see the cam though....think yet to be fitted ba.

I don't think the toilet issue is due to lack of use cos it is happening to me as well and worse of all, in both toilets.

The brownish thing can re-appear in the evening after I have make sure that I clear all the toilet bowls in the morning before I leave for work.

I suspect it is not s*** but some brownish articles which I don't know what that is.

Signzzzz.......dun know how to solve this problem. :(

wow, its been a long long time since the forum is down...hope everyone is fine.

anyways,my flushing problem seems to be back,i had not been using then master toilet, only emergency when the common one is occupied, but the **** can come back to the WC about 2 days later!! so kua zhang rite? i saw that the water suddenly turn brownish and flush it away, then it came back again! only after i flush it about 2 more times then it din come back...OMG....is this due to the lack of use of is there really something wrong with the WC system.

also saw that there is a notice that the lift is under surveillance, duno real or not leh, din see the cam though....think yet to be fitted ba.

I don't think the toilet issue is due to lack of use cos it is happening to me as well and worse of all, in both toilets.

The brownish thing can re-appear in the evening after I have make sure that I clear all the toilet bowls in the morning before I leave for work.

I suspect it is not s*** but some brownish articles which I don't know what that is.

Signzzzz.......dun know how to solve this problem. :(

I do not have this issue @ all. The only issue that I have is my common toilet WC got a "tissue-like" item which does not seemed to be able to be flushed away. However, all s*** and used toilet paper can be flushed away successfully.

I also heard from my plumber the other time if s*** cannot be flushed away, it is not due to our pipe water pressure cos when we flush, it's the water in the tank that flushes all the s*** away and the pipe only refills the water in the tank. You can try adjusting the water saving feature to the highest position or top up the tank to full to see if can flush away the s*** successfully for a few occasion. If yes, then you got your problem solved. If no, then you can call the HDB people to come to take a look lor....

Hope this helps......

but the lift cam who is monitoring it? is it recording 24hrs?

hmm..

Hmm...I do not know who is monitoring @ our side, but I do know that my current place @ the other side of the road has a "data-centre" @ Blk 5 for all the recordings. Not too sure if our side also "linked" to this "data-centre".

Decoy cam is so cheap @ Mustafa CEntre...I saw @ $4.50 only. Tempted to install too....ha ha

(tompany)buy 1 for me.. if u want to buy too :)

Edited by big orange

(tompany)buy 1 for me.. if u want to buy too :)

Vhive selling @ $9.90 only too....But I also don't know whether can install or not....cos anything out of the gate is supposed to be common property. Also, my wife also mentioned that instead of detering thieves, it might also telling them that you have a lot of expensive stuffs in your house with the installation of the "fake" CCTVs.