Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cafelatte

Help! Are We Overcharged?

hmm... looking at your quote does the haulage include cost of sand and cement? cos it is missing from your quote.

The best is to ask for a detail breakdown of the items and cost in black and white. Even the refund if you chose a cheaper tile, ask your ID to calculate and put it as an option. At least you know up front the cost savings. VO during the process of the reno will be very EX!

Make sure all items are covered if you decide to go with the ID.

Mace is right not all hacking require PE. Even if PE is required do not pay PE fees up front ask to see the relevant documents with the PE stamp before you pay. You pay the PE not the ID (We are actually paying for the PE stamp) $500 is abit too expensive if the PE is not required to be on site to supervise the hacking. Should be around $300-450, maybe prices have increase... prices for everything is increasing now

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Cost of everything has gone up, it's hard to compare reno quotes from even 2 months ago.

Not to mention that price is the last thing to worry about in a reno. Competence, time-definite completion, quality and reliability are far more important.

my haulage $1800. for hacking balcony and service balcony. that chopper also mention is it because i am making extra wall with bricks at study room and entrance from maindoor so the manpower to carry those things very siong....at 1st don't want to pay but after that i pay up.

in my heart i was thinking to myself "if you want to chop me and if you really chop me i let you chop...this $$$ i can earn back... as for you who chop my money i hope your offsprings live well with such money!"

my haulage $1800. for hacking balcony and service balcony. that chopper also mention is it because i am making extra wall with bricks at study room and entrance from maindoor so the manpower to carry those things very siong....at 1st don't want to pay but after that i pay up.

in my heart i was thinking to myself "if you want to chop me and if you really chop me i let you chop...this $$$ i can earn back... as for you who chop my money i hope your offsprings live well with such money!"

this $1800 haulage thingy - heard is applicable ONLY to NEW housing estates whereby a main con appointed by HDB is in charge of all the debris in the said estate. always check with the hdb officer in charge of your block.

i believe they themselves(conmen) will LIVE very well indeed :notti: