Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jmania

Citygas Or Cylinder?

Hi guys,

In a dilemma right now.. not sure should go for citygas or cylinder based gas.

there's only 2 of us and I think we'll be cooking at most 4~5 days a week... dinner only as both of us are working..

which would you guys recommend and why?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

For me if citygas is available I will use citygas (need to qualify this, I myself is using electricity instead coz that's the way we like it).

Citygas no worry of suddenly no gas. No ugly cylinder, and and use the space to store things.

Juz my 2cts.

definitely citygas. cleaner, no need to worry abt gas leak plus non-stop supply of gas :) 4-5days of cooking is considered heavy usage by today's standard.

sometimes the rusty cylinder dirty the floor tiles.

Edited by latitude

Would a suspended low kitchen cabinet break, if the cylinder gas tank we order keeps getting thrown onto in the long run by the deliveryman, is there a better way out of this, build up another concrete slab beneath the hob cabinet??

Edited by Starscream

i go for citygas too..worry free lah

if not got to call and order and keep 1 of the cabinet for the the cylinder storage leh..

i think more or less will get dirty at the area as time goes..

From what I understand, if you seldom cook and only 2 or 3 person then use cylinder is cheaper. But if your unit already installed with citygas pipe then go with citygas.

Tank:

- if seldom cook, tank gas is cheaper. Citygas charges a mthly fee even if u don't use.

- also means u cannot do suspended cabinet

- one cabinet space wasted

- if worry abt staining, can buy those base especially made for this purpose, they even have a similar version with wheels.

Citygass:

- if freq cook, covenience.

- I don;t like coz light cooker + mthly chargable fee.

Tank:

- if seldom cook, tank gas is cheaper. Citygas charges a mthly fee even if u don't use.

- also means u cannot do suspended cabinet

- one cabinet space wasted

- if worry abt staining, can buy those base especially made for this purpose, they even have a similar version with wheels.

Citygass:

- if freq cook, covenience.

- I don;t like coz light cooker + mthly chargable fee.

I call up citygas and was told there is no monthly charge.

anyone else using citygas can confirm?

I call up citygas and was told there is no monthly charge.

anyone else using citygas can confirm?

Obviously you only pay for the gas you consume, but because of the monthly bill system, you pay every month. The subsequent bill amount is then adjusted when your gas meter is read. So what hihihi meant was that you get a monthly bill whether you use the gas or not.

Using Citygas is definitely more expensive than using LPG. The tradeoff is the convenience and space-saving of Citygas.

I switched to Citygas because I decided to install a clothes dryer that runs on towngas supplied by Citygas.

Haiz. If i got choice I will choose citygas but my house no gas supply. Anyone know whether will govt help to install gas supply so that I have a chance to use piped gas.

Haiz. If i got choice I will choose citygas but my house no gas supply. Anyone know whether will govt help to install gas supply so that I have a chance to use piped gas.

Some old HDB estate like jurong west, shunfu do not have piped gas supply. therefore they cannot do anything abt ut, u live in land properties or HDB ?

nope.

it depend, if your HDB estate do not have piped gas supply,then u have to go for gas cylinder, but if your neighbour or your block have piped gas supply, then u can used piped gas.

Piped gas is usually painted in yellow but sometime it will painted the same as the other pipe, look out for the wording "GAS" and the arrow head, if your block have this, it mean u can use citygas. what i know some part of jurong west HDB and shunfu area do not have piped gas.

i stay in a old HDB flat... there is gas pipe installed but we still ordering gas cylinder..

quite efficient service... when you called they deliver faster than your pizza delivery.

anyway the storage of the tank is abit of a problem.

@ qin17 - maybe you flat do have the pipe... did you check with HDB?