Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
loli

Legrand Switches

I am one of those who love to have Legrand switches. We think that the Mallia series would be great for our new home, so we asked our ID about the prices. He said, we cannot get it on our own as end users, as Legrand only sell to ID. The price, he quoted, for 1-gang switch was about $38.

Just to be sure, I went ahead to check Legrand's website and contacted one of the distributors listed in their website. The distributor said we can buy from them! what's more, the price of a 1 gang switch of Mallia series is only $2.20! The difference is so huge! I couldn't believe it and I keep asking the distributor to make sure we are talking about the same switch, and the answer remains the same.

I am not sure if my ID remembers the price wrongly or is he trying to make a tidy profit out of it. I told him what I found out, and he insisted that was the price his supplier quoted him. Not sure if he is telling the truth but we decided to give him the benefit of doubt. We also dun want to fall out with our ID because of switches, when we are relying on him to do a good ID job on our house which has yet to commence. Anyway, he said we can go ahead and procure the switches on our own. On his part, he will let us know how many 1-gang, 4 gang switches and etc he needs before we proceed with the purchase.

Thus, if you want to buy the elegant Mallia switches (often featured in ID mags nowadays), contact the distributors yourself and you will save a bomb!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think many of us know that already. Choo Chiang Marketing sells legrand switches cheap.

Either your ID is trying to chop u or the $38 incl installation? Even with installation, $38 is super ex! My ID charges $15 incl install and I'm still not getting from him.

I think many of us know that already. Choo Chiang Marketing sells legrand switches cheap.

Either your ID is trying to chop u or the $38 incl installation? Even with installation, $38 is super ex! My ID charges $15 incl install and I'm still not getting from him.

oh din know that cos I am new here. Yeah, choo chiang is the distributor I have contacted too.

dun think the price he quoted includes installation as we are going to pay separately for the wiring and installation.

guess he is really out to squeeze me...hmmm...

oh din know that cos I am new here. Yeah, choo chiang is the distributor I have contacted too.

dun think the price he quoted includes installation as we are going to pay separately for the wiring and installation.

guess he is really out to squeeze me...hmmm...

For my case, I got my Legrand switches from Choo Chiang as well, then I get my contractor to replace the switches for the whole place for less than $200/-.

Your ID v bad 8|

Either your ID is trying to make big $$ from you or he doesn’t know the market price of a switch and hence, his supplier is chopping him. Buy a switch at $2.20 and sell at $38 :jawdrop:

You should check his trustworthiness. You need not have to tell him the truth that you have checked out the price of Legrand switches from Choo Chiang, just tell him your friend ordered his lighting swiches from Choo Chiang at $2.20 each. See what his response is. If he still insists that $38 is the price his supplier quotes him, then tell him you have cheaper lobang and ask if you can buy the switches yourself and pass to him to install.

I don’t mind to pay more for quality workmanship, but I hate to get chop for overcharged stuff :bangwall:

Either your ID is trying to make big $$ from you or he doesn’t know the market price of a switch and hence, his supplier is chopping him. Buy a switch at $2.20 and sell at $38 :jawdrop:

You should check his trustworthiness. You need not have to tell him the truth that you have checked out the price of Legrand switches from Choo Chiang, just tell him your friend ordered his lighting swiches from Choo Chiang at $2.20 each. See what his response is. If he still insists that $38 is the price his supplier quotes him, then tell him you have cheaper lobang and ask if you can buy the switches yourself and pass to him to install.

I don’t mind to pay more for quality workmanship, but I hate to get chop for overcharged stuff :bangwall:

he seems to be trustworthy in many ways. Anyhow, after this lesson, we certainly will be more careful when he quotes us for other things. Will also examine hard on the long list of quotations for ID again.

Clipsal range from: S$7.50-$18.40

who's the distributor for clipsal? Any nice desgin to recommend? Heard from my ID that the latest design, which is a touch switch isnt SISIR approved leh...

Loli. Aiya.. was looking at their flat switches too.. what a waste if not approved.

dunno what my ID said true or not lah.. better check with Clipsal if you want.

who's the distributor for clipsal? Any nice desgin to recommend? Heard from my ID that the latest design, which is a touch switch isnt SISIR approved leh...

Choo Chiang also carry Clipsal.

Your ID not very honest, unless he/she really is a newbie. A bit of margin here and there is ok, its business after all, but $38 for a $2.20 item, hmm...

I am one of those who love to have Legrand switches. We think that the Mallia series would be great for our new home, so we asked our ID about the prices. He said, we cannot get it on our own as end users, as Legrand only sell to ID. The price, he quoted, for 1-gang switch was about $38.

Just to be sure, I went ahead to check Legrand's website and contacted one of the distributors listed in their website. The distributor said we can buy from them! what's more, the price of a 1 gang switch of Mallia series is only $2.20! The difference is so huge! I couldn't believe it and I keep asking the distributor to make sure we are talking about the same switch, and the answer remains the same.

I am not sure if my ID remembers the price wrongly or is he trying to make a tidy profit out of it. I told him what I found out, and he insisted that was the price his supplier quoted him. Not sure if he is telling the truth but we decided to give him the benefit of doubt. We also dun want to fall out with our ID because of switches, when we are relying on him to do a good ID job on our house which has yet to commence. Anyway, he said we can go ahead and procure the switches on our own. On his part, he will let us know how many 1-gang, 4 gang switches and etc he needs before we proceed with the purchase.

Thus, if you want to buy the elegant Mallia switches (often featured in ID mags nowadays), contact the distributors yourself and you will save a bomb!

I think your ID is trying to con you.

and please dun feel shy about confronting yr ID about this. There is a BIG difference in $$ for you.

my contractor only charge me $15 per double point, using this Legrand switch

If i buy myself, he only charge me $10 for labour.

See how much $$ difference?

My entire 5 room unit, do all wirings and changing of points and fixing of new lightings and pulling new wires, only costs me $680.

i suggest you get a seperate electrician to do for you.

And please double check on your other parts of renovation costing. Your ID is chopping you already for the entire renovation.......

I think your ID is trying to con you.

and please dun feel shy about confronting yr ID about this. There is a BIG difference in $$ for you.

my contractor only charge me $15 per double point, using this Legrand switch

If i buy myself, he only charge me $10 for labour.

See how much $$ difference?

My entire 5 room unit, do all wirings and changing of points and fixing of new lightings and pulling new wires, only costs me $680.

i suggest you get a seperate electrician to do for you.

And please double check on your other parts of renovation costing. Your ID is chopping you already for the entire renovation.......

what is double point? do you mean 2-gang switch?

will talk to my id again when we meet. thanks for the info.

what is double point? do you mean 2-gang switch?

will talk to my id again when we meet. thanks for the info.

yup, its those 2 point sockets.

my contractor say to fix up single socket, not worth it. Better to have 2 point sockets.

Gang switch is referred to the light switches, where you on/off room lights.

Confront yr ID on his charges..... its really unreasonable.

And be careful of the pulling new wires charges/creating brand new points. Your ID can charge you alot for this.

i pay $80 for this.

yup, its those 2 point sockets.

my contractor say to fix up single socket, not worth it. Better to have 2 point sockets.

Gang switch is referred to the light switches, where you on/off room lights.

Confront yr ID on his charges..... its really unreasonable.

And be careful of the pulling new wires charges/creating brand new points. Your ID can charge you alot for this.

i pay $80 for this.

thanks for sharing.

do you mean $80 for all wiring charges and new points?

thanks for sharing.

do you mean $80 for all wiring charges and new points?

no lah....

its $80 for each pulling new wire/new point.

so if you need to create 5 new points/new wire, its $400.

This one, you can bargain with ID.