Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jessie

My Happy Family's New Hse...

need help... ;)

does anyone goes to JB buy lights / ceiling fan / sofas (furnitures)...etc???

cos my hb was suggesting we make a trip to JB and do some shopping there. Is it troublesome to bring the things over to sin?

Pls advise ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Latest schedule given by Johnson :

10th Aug - Electrical Works (DIY)

11th Aug - Hacking of kitchen wall & plaster+make good of the hacked area

13th Aug - Wrought Iron grills & stairs railing

14th Aug - Tiling work

18th Aug - Hacking of concrete spalling ceiling & plastering / also plastering of wall

20th Aug - Pipes & plumbing work (dismantle current toilets sink & install new)

25th Aug - Aircon installation (MUST BUY by this wkends)

28th & 29th Aug - Painting work (Must arrange my own painters)

1st week Sep - carpentary works

6th Sep Aug - Toilets & study room's acrylic bi-fold doors

12th Sep 08 - Hand-over

My cleaning schedule :

13th, 14th, 20th, 21st Sep - CLEANING TIME!

27th Sep - Furnitures delivery

28th Sep - Move some stuffs over & unpack

1st Oct 08 - Final cleaning & move over more things to unpack

4th Oct 08 - 9am to 11am OFFICIAL MOVE IN!

Jessie, If you buy furnitures from JB, the furniture shop will do the delivery for you as long as you pay for the levy tax & transport fee on top of the furniture costs. I got almost all my furniture stuff from JB actually.

Mafiawife bought some lights from JB too. :) There are loads of lighting shops in JB & I believe mafiawife bought her lights from one of the shops opp taman sentosa area there. Also if you want to get lights & fans, see if you can ask the furniture shop to deliver them at the same time with the furniture without any issue from the msia customs. Sure will ask you to pay some sort of tax or fee to bring them out I think based on what I heard. As long as you pay the tax levy & transport fee, the furniture shop will deliver. Just ask them if they can deliver the lights, fans together with the furniture.

need help... ;)

does anyone goes to JB buy lights / ceiling fan / sofas (furnitures)...etc???

cos my hb was suggesting we make a trip to JB and do some shopping there. Is it troublesome to bring the things over to sin?

Pls advise ;)

wah 12 sep handover liao!!

when u and hub going?

i am trying to go this weekend but WTB say wait next week

cos we interested to see lights too

there the prices seem to be better but nt sure of the quality

if u looking to buy furniture, there is a JB renotalk

thanks bunbun....ya lor, it's definitely much cheaper as compared to singapore,....but, just worry abt the trouble & also quality lor.

if the tax & levy total up to a big amount,...then not worth the trouble going to JB lor......cos hv so much to worry when in there....hahaha

but then, my hb still says wan go there to buy.

will see how lor.

looking fwd to pics of your place under construction jessie! and also if you dun mind mebbe can take pics of how your contractor is dealing with the spalling on the ceiling? we jus told our ID we want the whole hse plastered & he said 'ok'. not sure what he means by tt tho.. never knew there is hacking involved...

btw.. you going to jb to buy lights?? if so pls share your adventure there too!!

looking fwd to pics of your place under construction jessie! and also if you dun mind mebbe can take pics of how your contractor is dealing with the spalling on the ceiling? we jus told our ID we want the whole hse plastered & he said 'ok'. not sure what he means by tt tho.. never knew there is hacking involved...

btw.. you going to jb to buy lights?? if so pls share your adventure there too!!

sure!

will take pix and show here.

yes, i am also waiting for the concrete spalling works,......so that electrical work can commence once that is done lor.

yes, will share my adventure of shopping in JB here....hope can really get good deals there.

frds....... ;)

now i cannot log on my MSN from office as MIS Dept has blocked it!

But, I am still active on email and my yahoo msger!

hi jessie. im about to sms wansheng to ask him for his prices for ROM photography. should i mention that jessie introduced me? lol

hi jessie. im about to sms wansheng to ask him for his prices for ROM photography. should i mention that jessie introduced me? lol

hi,

i think his charges will be ex. liao. After he win that T3 Competition.

my rom was photo by him "before" he had won the Competition. hahaha..

Had ask about the actual day rate, but was too Ex. :jawdrop:

hi aves,

yes, u may just quote my name lor,.....keke :)

hi hi popeye gal,

ooo...so he tookd for your ROM!

Good choice!

nice photo, right?

hi,

i think his charges will be ex. liao. After he win that T3 Competition.

my rom was photo by him "before" he had won the Competition. hahaha..

Had ask about the actual day rate, but was too Ex. :jawdrop:

wah he won something ah?? -_-"

i found from some other forum he charge 5.2k for AD.... i think i better dun sms him liao... dun wanna sia suay myself with my budget... LOL

i found from some other forum he charge 5.2k for AD.... i think i better dun sms him liao... dun wanna sia suay myself with my budget... LOL

He did won the first Prize in the T3 photo Competition and was on the straits times.

you can look around in the singaporebride forum on wedding photographer. had a few can recommend you. will PM u. :yamseng:

hahaha....u so cute leh.

anyway, he will be taking for my family pix,....with my 2 boys at my new hse....keke ;)

FOC.....cos good frd mah....hahaha :D

He did won the first Prize in the T3 photo Competition and was on the straits times.

you can look around in the singaporebride forum on wedding photographer. had a few can recommend you. will PM u. :yamseng:

yeap, he won.

infact, it was me whom encourage him to do photography and started out with him.....but due to my family commitment, i withdrew from the partnership with him....keke ;)