Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bluelit3

Where To Buy Good Chinese Calligraphy Brush Set?

My FSM had told us to buy chinese calligraphy brush to hang at the window at our wen chang position. I know popular got sell, but FSM says must buy good ones not those lousy type. :unsure: Anyone knows where we can find these brushes? Tried searching on the internet but can't find any result. Pse advise. Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
My FSM had told us to buy chinese calligraphy brush to hang at the window at our wen chang position. I know popular got sell, but FSM says must buy good ones not those lousy type. :unsure: Anyone knows where we can find these brushes? Tried searching on the internet but can't find any result. Pse advise. Thanks.

1) go to chinatown that sri mariaman temple, walk down towards maxwell market> flow of traffic.

there is a shop that sells lots of chinese brush + brush stands.

2) go to YU HUA china/chinese department store, beside OG. chinatown.

a brush is a brush - simi good one ?

Thanks Mace. Have found the place and bought the brushes.

Dont want to start a new thread. But I need help finding a tall side table to put the 聚宝盆 at one corner of my living. Searched Ikea and some other shops but dont have. Saw a cheap one at Kaki Bukit few mths ago but when I went back is closed down already. Is something simple like below..but higher..preferable less than $100.

muji_sidetable-61x76.jpg

Let me know if anyone knows a gd deal. Thanks :yamseng:

Thanks Mace. Have found the place and bought the brushes.

Dont want to start a new thread. But I need help finding a tall side table to put the 聚宝盆 at one corner of my living. Searched Ikea and some other shops but dont have. Saw a cheap one at Kaki Bukit few mths ago but when I went back is closed down already. Is something simple like below..but higher..preferable less than $100.

muji_sidetable-61x76.jpg

Let me know if anyone knows a gd deal. Thanks :yamseng:

you can get a rosewood tall side table for $160-$300+

oriental handicrafts or gnee hong.

Hi mace..tks for ur advise. Dont know leh..maybe better quality or what ba. Hahaa. Will go check out the places. Tks =)

Hi Bluelit3,

Can I know which one you went to, and how much is it? :)

Edited by skywolf

hi skywolf. I din have time to go down yet. But managed to found the table that I wanted on the oriental handicraft website..then I remember I went there before..at marina square

Phoned the shop and the table below cost $188 before GST. Hope the info helps. Cant find any website on gnee hong so I think need to go down and see. Thanks Mace for the info!! =)

FSCSKD121236-1.jpg

Edited by bluelit3

hi skywolf. I din have time to go down yet. But managed to found the table that I wanted on the oriental handicraft website..then I remember I went there before..at marina square

Phoned the shop and the table below cost $188 before GST. Hope the info helps. Cant find any website on gnee hong so I think need to go down and see. Thanks Mace for the info!! =)

FSCSKD121236-1.jpg

this is a old number of GNEE HONG 63396026

they already shifted to paya lebar - mckenzie area.

An update: Went to Gnee Hong @ Paya Lebar..tks to Mace's update..they sell mostly chairs and some tables. The tables are mainly aluminum according to the sales person. Din managed to find what we want..but at least now we know where to buy chairs the next time

Then we went to Barang Barang. Saw this there. It was love at 1st sight *hahaa* We thought it match what we want. Although the stock is coming only in Sep but we still go ahead to book 1st cause we went several places and din see anything that we like. Maybe is fated :D

31052008210.jpg

Original Price $170. After 40% discount ~ $114. Quite a gd buy

Edited by bluelit3

Oops, i quote the wrong post. Was wanting to ask you abt the brushes. :o How much did you get them for, and are they those that can hang on the wall? :)

Oops, i quote the wrong post. Was wanting to ask you abt the brushes. :o How much did you get them for, and are they those that can hang on the wall? :)

one dollar each

yup, there are several prices for the brushes. Alot of choices and I bought mine @ 4 for $10. the ends are tied with red strings that you can hang at the wall. went to the one near sri mariaman temple

one dollar each

8|8|:lol:

yup, there are several prices for the brushes. Alot of choices and I bought mine @ 4 for $10. the ends are tied with red strings that you can hang at the wall. went to the one near sri mariaman temple

So it whd be 1 nail/hook and then 1 brush hang onto it?

Was wondering if can replace the graduation pics that my fsm suggested for study rm... coz brushes also same meaning to me lehz. :bleah: