Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
weixiaobao

Shopping For Furnitures In Malaysia

i would say it's good but of course good is subjective to everyone.

address: no. 36 Jalan Gaya 28, Taman Gaya 81800 Ulu Tiram, Johor

TEl: 07-861 8989. it's about 5 mins cab ride from Tebaru Jusco.

thank you, Noobhouse!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
furnitures i bought from "ANZ" at jb:

L-shape fabric sofa (with extra sofa cover), sofa bed, bar stool x 2, armchair, dining chair x 4, study chair,

foc: carpet (6 x 8 ft), string blinds,

total damage: RM6348 (including levy and 7% gst)

placed deposit: RM2300

will pay the outstanding $ few days before delivery at jb (need to check the goods at their warehouse)

Nini,

Remember to post some pictures,ya!

I just bought my set of furnitures from MIVA (or Gucca Italy, their export brand) in Taman Molek, JB, on Thursday. Overall experience was ok because the staffs didn't want to give me more discounts.

My list of purchase:

L-shaped sofa (2.9m width x 1.8m length) - RM2530

TV console (2.3m length) - RM1800

Bed frame + mattress (queen size) - RM2960

Coffee table - RM1060

Total cost: RM8350 + 7% GST + RM200 (levy) = RM9134.5

Forgot to ask for freebies... :bangwall:

Edited by spsampah

Nope, don't have any photo now. Delivery at end-March. Will post some pics after that.

They offer quite nice choices, both on price and design. Worth paying them a visit.

Anyway, there are at least 4-5 furniture shops at Taman Molek. That makes a visit more compelling :)

Any pics to share :)
Edited by spsampah

I just bought my set of furnitures from MIVA (or Gucca Italy, their export brand) in Taman Molek, JB, on Thursday. Overall experience was ok because the staffs didn't want to give me more discounts.

My list of purchase:

Coffee table - RM1060

Hi Spsampah,

Do you mind post the address and contacts for Miva? TIA!

2&4 Jalan Molek 1/12, Taman Molek, 81100 JB, Johor Malaysia.

Tel: 607-3528133

Hi Spsampah,

Do you mind post the address and contacts for Miva? TIA!

My list of purchase:

Coffee table - RM1060

Hi spsampah,

I also went to MIVA around the same time as yours.

For me, bought the following:

2+1 fabric sofa, bed room 4-piece set, queen size bed frame, shoe cabinet - total RM6500 + standard levy + GST.

Quite like the design there, but the price is not that cheap as thought (maybe my bargain power not as good) ...and same like you, forgot to ask for freebies :bangwall:

How did you make payment ?? I already paid 30% deposit, then got to make full payment before delivery !!! Do we get to see the stock first in warehouse before make payment ?? Is MIVA reliable ?? What if the furniture got problem upon delivery ??

My delivery is April. Since now I know yours is end March, so I'll call them to ask for earlier delivery ....

I took pictures after I've bought the furniture. May b u can try telling them u undecided on which set to buy and wish to take photos and discuss with wife first? ;)

Hi kaile2002,

Would like to know how did you make the payment to MIVA during your purchase with them in 2008 ?? Is it ok if we make full payment (as requested) few days before the delivery ?? What's your experience with them ???

Living room furniture sets are paid more attention as this room is visited by almost every visitor. As it is said that first impression is the last, living room furniture is the impression setter on others mind. If you do not feel the necessity of concentrating on furniture sets for this room, you might as well not concentrate on any other home furniture. Many don’t mind spending dollars on decorating their living room. They are those who often throw parties and have a living room big enough to accommodate all the guests.

==========================

Home Theater Chairs | Home Theater Furniture | Theater Seating

er is this in general to every furniture shop or referring to miva or soonly ann? just curious

Same, gotta go there to make full payment before they deliver. Don't know if you can request to check the furniture at their warehouse before delivery, i don't intend to do that. My thinking is, they are doing quite a big business, having shops in JB & KL and also export to other countries. So there's no incentive for them to cheat my few thousands Ringgit?

I think more importantly is to make sure the invoice and receipt are clearly written, and to check the furniture carefully before signing the acceptance of delivery. According to the salesman, if there's problem upon delivery, you can write it on the invoice and then ask the mover to send the merchandise back to MIVA, without signing the invoice. They will rectify the problem and send another one to you. Oh, don't forget to take some pictures of the defects, that's just my thoughts.

Hi spsampah,

I also went to MIVA around the same time as yours.

For me, bought the following:

2+1 fabric sofa, bed room 4-piece set, queen size bed frame, shoe cabinet - total RM6500 + standard levy + GST.

Quite like the design there, but the price is not that cheap as thought (maybe my bargain power not as good) ...and same like you, forgot to ask for freebies :bangwall:

How did you make payment ?? I already paid 30% deposit, then got to make full payment before delivery !!! Do we get to see the stock first in warehouse before make payment ?? Is MIVA reliable ?? What if the furniture got problem upon delivery ??

My delivery is April. Since now I know yours is end March, so I'll call them to ask for earlier delivery ....

Edited by spsampah

Same, gotta go there to make full payment before they deliver. Don't know if you can request to check the furniture at their warehouse before delivery, i don't intend to do that. My thinking is, they are doing quite a big business, having shops in JB & KL and also export to other countries. So there's no incentive for them to cheat my few thousands Ringgit?

I think more importantly is to make sure the invoice and receipt are clearly written, and to check the furniture carefully before signing the acceptance of delivery. According to the salesman, if there's problem upon delivery, you can write it on the invoice and then ask the mover to send the merchandise back to MIVA, without signing the invoice. They will rectify the problem and send another one to you. Oh, don't forget to take some pictures of the defects, that's just my thoughts.

Thanks for the sharing. 1 main reason I bought from MIVA was also because they are quite established... my friend bought a set of furniture from them about 3 years ago, and so far so good, and the sales person is even there till today, so seems to be a stable company.

Seems like we can only wish for the best. Share more when your (and mine) furniture arrive :)