Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sumbarajam

Hanna's Home!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Smap chop from another Steven's customer. :dancingqueen:

Glad to hear they are quite well-received in here. :lol:

Oh they choose Steven in the end....I was reading the blog wondering who was the ID :P

Previous owner colour scheme is really unqiue to say the least!!!

Cant wait to see how the new look is!!

Sorry that I will not post any pics today :P

Actually my renovation progress now in the phase of lighting installation, painting, and some tiling done already.

Starting carpentry measurement. :D

But would like to share my today's activities. Came down to Sungei Kadut.. looking for some pending items like sofa, cofee table, side table, and some other things. :sport-smiley-018:

Visited Univonna, Home2Be, Brighton, Novena, Avanni and some of the shops in IFC.

Looking for half leather sofa, but found out the price mostly more than 2k. :unsure:

Still can't find any sofa that match to my preference: L shape with squarish design, half leather, length about 2.6-2.9 metres, and the price lower than 1.5 k(if possible around 1.1k+ haha), and of course, me and my wife should like the design.

Brighton has some that is within our budget.. but leather they use is Ultra Violet Leather.

Not sure what type of leather is it, for sure it's synthetic leather. If you happen to know, pls share :help:

Browsing around IFC Brighton, I realized that I paid more for my 3 in 1 bed (super single& single) in Brighton Toa Payoh ! :furious: I paid for GST there, whereby the sales person said they can't absorb GST.

So just to share my experience, you can negotiate as low as you can at Brighton. from the price tag of 1488 (exclude GST) you can negotiate to $1200 (include GST, change this and that, change better leather, and customize to fit into our preference, etc) which I believe still can negotiate more haha :notti:

Univonna, they have sofa with the nice design, some with full leather, price wise was not bad, around 2k+ to 3k, better quality though.. they said, export quality :good:

Avanni, many choices of sofa, and price are negotiable. Sales person also friendly, and doesn't mind to explain many things to me. Some nice design I like, but not too comfortable to sit, and found out, the price can't lower than 2.5k for half leather ;)

Some of questions that you may be able to help me to answer : :help:

- Which one is easier to maintain : pure leather, or synthetic leather ( PU leather, UV leather, or whatever)

- Pls advise if you know any place for me to hunt for sofa :)

Thanks!! :D

Feel tired today for the sofa hunting.

See you again tomorrow with some pics :)

Oh they choose Steven in the end....I was reading the blog wondering who was the ID :P

Previous owner colour scheme is really unqiue to say the least!!!

Cant wait to see how the new look is!!

hi kajua,

yeah, haven't update my signature, so easier to see.

Btw, got Steven's contact num from you, right :D

My previous owner really has a good taste in colors indeed. And most I can say extreme. like it though, think that was the reason we bought his unit :)

I might choose soft and warm color as shown in my first post. that was agreement between me and my wife ;)

- Which one is easier to maintain : pure leather, or synthetic leather ( PU leather, UV leather, or whatever)

just wanted to point out that pure leather is much more comfy in our weather

synthetic leather basically doesn't allow your skin to breathe, resulting in sweaty body after sitting on it for just a while

maybe you want to check out seahorse (hecom)

find that their stuff is actually quite value-for-money

most prob will get my sofa from them when the time comes for a change :notti:

Edited by applefreak

sumbarajam,

For your info, Univonna's sofa price can be negotiated.. and their service v good. The sofa all packed in styroform and wrapped up nicely

just wanted to point out that pure leather is much more comfy in our weather

synthetic leather basically doesn't allow your skin to breathe, resulting in sweaty body after sitting on it for just a while

maybe you want to check out seahorse (hecom)

find that their stuff is actually quite value-for-money

most prob will get my sofa from them when the time comes for a change :notti:

thanks for the advice applefreak! appreciate that :)

agree that Seahorse has range of sofa which are made from leather (half), and I happened to check their product, only thing's that, they have only limited design, and will not entertain any alteration.

will see if they will launch new design :)

sumbarajam,

For your info, Univonna's sofa price can be negotiated.. and their service v good. The sofa all packed in styroform and wrapped up nicely

oh really? yeah, their design is very good, and I can feel the quality...

anyway, you know how many percent the price can go down from price tag?

Univonna's prices still cheaper than Avanni though.

thanks for your info Yang Guo.

TILE SELECTION

Chosen tiles for 2 toilet and kitchen , for 2.5 hours ... at Hafary.

===================================================================

Common toilet

10777825_dbdfdbd61211819491_m.jpg Wall and floor

10777860_a1b22d0c1211819591_m.jpg 3D tile for one side of the wall, i like the design :dancingqueen:

MBR toilet

10777836_ed6380b81211819536_m.jpg Wall and floor

10777880_8c45878c1211819642_m.jpg Flora design tile

10777883_393bc94b1211819660_m.jpg

Mirror effect tile, really love this :dancingqueen: ... cost $16 per foot!! Steven didn't mind to give me for one vertical stripe for shower area

Edited by sumbarajam

TILE SELECTION

Chosen tiles for 2 toilet and kitchen , for 2.5 hours ... at Hafary.

Common toilet

10777825_dbdfdbd61211819491_m.jpg Wall and floor

10777860_a1b22d0c1211819591_m.jpg 3D tile for one side of the wall, i like the design :dancingqueen:

MBR toilet

10777836_ed6380b81211819536_m.jpg Wall and floor

10777880_8c45878c1211819642_m.jpg Flora design tile

Mirror effect tile, really love this :dancingqueen: ... cost $16 per foot!! Steven didn't mind to give me for one vertical stripe for shower area

what a coincidence! we chose the same wall tiles for our common toilet and mbr toilet! we have the same taste :sport-smiley-004:

LOVE this tile :wub: :wub:

so nice :dribble:

oh really? yeah, their design is very good, and I can feel the quality...

anyway, you know how many percent the price can go down from price tag?

Univonna's prices still cheaper than Avanni though.

thanks for your info Yang Guo.

u can ask for approximately 10% discount ;)

Hi Sumbarajam, if u decide to go with univonna, if u can, try to go for full leather rather than half leather. I think the diff is only a few hundreds. I went for the half leather... and only the seats (front part) were full leather. the arm rest was pu leather... not so shiok. and u can tell the diff if you are standing near............

Sorry that I will not post any pics today :P

Actually my renovation progress now in the phase of lighting installation, painting, and some tiling done already.

Starting carpentry measurement. :D

But would like to share my today's activities. Came down to Sungei Kadut.. looking for some pending items like sofa, cofee table, side table, and some other things. :sport-smiley-018:

Visited Univonna, Home2Be, Brighton, Novena, Avanni and some of the shops in IFC.

Looking for half leather sofa, but found out the price mostly more than 2k. :unsure:

Still can't find any sofa that match to my preference: L shape with squarish design, half leather, length about 2.6-2.9 metres, and the price lower than 1.5 k(if possible around 1.1k+ haha), and of course, me and my wife should like the design.

Brighton has some that is within our budget.. but leather they use is Ultra Violet Leather.

Not sure what type of leather is it, for sure it's synthetic leather. If you happen to know, pls share :help:

Browsing around IFC Brighton, I realized that I paid more for my 3 in 1 bed (super single& single) in Brighton Toa Payoh ! :furious: I paid for GST there, whereby the sales person said they can't absorb GST.

So just to share my experience, you can negotiate as low as you can at Brighton. from the price tag of 1488 (exclude GST) you can negotiate to $1200 (include GST, change this and that, change better leather, and customize to fit into our preference, etc) which I believe still can negotiate more haha :notti:

Univonna, they have sofa with the nice design, some with full leather, price wise was not bad, around 2k+ to 3k, better quality though.. they said, export quality :good:

Avanni, many choices of sofa, and price are negotiable. Sales person also friendly, and doesn't mind to explain many things to me. Some nice design I like, but not too comfortable to sit, and found out, the price can't lower than 2.5k for half leather ;)

what a coincidence! we chose the same wall tiles for our common toilet and mbr toilet! we have the same taste :sport-smiley-004:

is it? wow.. looking forward the pictures in your blog, i don't see any tile picture leh ... :)

u can ask for approximately 10% discount ;)

thanks Yang Guo

Hi Sumbarajam, if u decide to go with univonna, if u can, try to go for full leather rather than half leather. I think the diff is only a few hundreds. I went for the half leather... and only the seats (front part) were full leather. the arm rest was pu leather... not so shiok. and u can tell the diff if you are standing near............

thanks for the info bebebe,

i think will consider their product, but seems i have to increase the budget :bangwall:

actually i prefer half leather, due to budget constraint. but the color i want, white, will only comes with full leather... and almost reaching 3k :bow:

let see how much discount they can give :D

3D Design

After choose tiling, finally the 3D comes.... for kitchen and feature wall

Feature wall & TV Console

Version 1

I don't have the softcopy for first version, since Steven only gave me the hardcopy, and didn't manage to scan it. I request black and white color for feature & console. And version 1 had revision, because I don't like the vertical design.

Requested to change to horizontal.

Version 2

10824273_cea573421211991451_m.jpg

Still feel something is missing :dunno: , as I need horizontal black glass align with the LCD TV.

I was stuck as I have no sample design anymore, and Steven seems waiting... , and no other proposed design. :curse: I feel this will cause delay, and moreover, 3D amendment need 7 days!!

Then I managed to force Steven to give more sample, and found 1 design i like, and I propose and draw some changes on console, can't wait anymore. 8|

(sorry if this one is your 3D design). :P

Requested design

10824294_e4521ca31211991522_m.jpg

an idea came into my mind, I need to put CPU casing!! then where-else I should put if not in tv console?

did average measurement for CPU casing, and propose to Steven. (now I am the one who is proposing to him ... gosh :unsure: ) i requested also the material for each surface....

Version 3

10824314_03c9d5041211991595_m.jpg

And here is the result... nearly as the one i requested. the doors for console, they should be darker, as it will be clear black glass. and the aluminium frame should not be as thick as shown. and one part at the below should have feature wall with white laminate.

Then everything's just based on conversation... no more 3D revision... running out of time now..

now in the progress of fabrication. Let see, hopefully it will be turn out well.... :bow:

Edited by sumbarajam