Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

My advise is go to these kind of exhibition to learn their salesman talk. :sport-smiley-003:

Good reputable company normally don need to participate in the exhibition. ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I also went down to the exhibition and put down a deposit for my laminate flooring (Kronotex) cos i've been thinking over it for the last 6 mths even b4 I found my flat.

The price has crept up and finally, I bit the bullet to lock myself into the price of the flooring so as not to let it creep up again.

Looking forward to comparing quotes by the different IDs i've approached and finalising one.

hi ben, how much you pay psf for kronotex? i m in the midst of selecting which brand to go for.

you heard about vohringer flooring?

My advise is go to these kind of exhibition to learn their salesman talk. :sport-smiley-003:

Good reputable company normally don need to participate in the exhibition. ;)

i agreed...have not sign up any package yet.

follow my friend to collect his quote from his ID from Home guide..

Price a little pricey...but the boss himself is oversea the workmanship ... seem reliable to me

See toooooo many complain case in these forum after they signed in the exhibition. :bangwall::(:(

I was also a victim before but luckily the damages was not too huge. :jail::curse::furious::angry2:

Looks like time share company......

Just to share my experience with ******:

I went to the Trend & Art of Living exhibition yesterday and met Endy from ******. I had a discussion with him on my ideas for my home, and I must admit that he seems knowledgeable. When I asked him to give me a quotation via email, he told me that he will do the quotation on the spot and ask me to look around for other quotes in the meantime.

I walked around for a while before he called me. When I went back, I was shocked by the quotation as it is so much higher than the others that I got. However Endy was a superb salesman and kept telling me how good they are and that they might seem more expensive because of the materials they use. He even asked me to bring along other quotations for him to do an item-by-item comparison. I thought that I could just pick up the quotation and go but in the end had to stay over an hour to listen to his sales talk. In the end, he asked me to sign an "appointment letter" to appoint them and put down 1k deposit. The 1k deposit can be "exchanged" for their services such as painting even if I decide not to engage them later.

As I'm not very satisfied with their design and am also not comfortable with Endy (looks like an insurance agent rather than ID), I stood my ground and did not get suckered into paying the deposit. In order to get away, I agreed to come back next week with other quotations for him to do a comparison. However now that I see so many negative comments, I don't think I will go back.

I was there last year too....talk to one id or salesman??? He talked about wardrobe...thread line...very technical jargon....

I ask for quotation and he told me will call me....

When he called me, the quotation is kind of over my budget...but I told him I will call you as I want to see other id/contractors quotation too. I need to compare first.

In the end, I did not choose that id cos at the expo, there are still many good id/contractors out there doing good jobs without any exhibition at all.

So for those new homw owners...be careful, take quoationa and compare, dont sign on the spot when you are very very sure that you like them.

See toooooo many complain case in these forum after they signed in the exhibition. :bangwall::(:(

I was also a victim before but luckily the damages was not too huge. :jail::curse::furious::angry2:

Dont blind by their FREE Gifts.... there nothing free in this world. Be careful if you are not comfortable jus walk away.. :)

hi ben, how much you pay psf for kronotex? i m in the midst of selecting which brand to go for.

you heard about vohringer flooring?

i selected the mammut range (engineered laminate) cos of the feel and grain...looks exactly like real timber strips. Price wise, it's a bit exp at $8.80 psf.

Not really heard of vohringer but i did a google search and it's a german laminate floor company. Looks pretty decent. I tried searching for the german website but cannot find. :unsure: How much is it?

i oso went to the exhibition on sun. Went to look for furnitures actually. Compared to previous exhibitions we feel this one the public crowd not as big as previous home exhibitions. So the sales ppl were more aggresive (there was one to the point of real annoyance). Most of the exhibitors are recurring ones.

We finally bought a 2-layer glass dining table ($800 incl 4 chairs) & one tatami bed-cum-sofa-cum-storage cabinet ($1350 incl single-sized spring mattress)

You can check for upcoming home events at Expo from here:

http://www.singapore-expo.com.sg/events_calendar.php

Dont blind by their FREE Gifts.... there nothing free in this world. Be careful if you are not comfortable jus walk away.. :)

Absolutely!!! Sometimes Im cheesed off by friends who are in the midst of renovating their homes, promoting their ID not because of the workmanship BUT because of the FREE GIFTS!!!!!

Cantona is right, there's no such thing as a free lunch. Dont be enticed by free aircon, free hob & hood etc etc. Chances are, you have already paid for it in your quotation. ID companies are in the business of making money. "Giving" free gifts is just a strategy to create the first impression of any unsuspecting would-be victims.

Cheers

Vince

was there at the living home expo show too, paid a deposit with space inspiration. Does anyone have comments on this ID firm?

Good advise all round. Am planning of re-doing my 2 toilets, kitchen + carpentry. Initially thot of upgrading from 5RM to EA but the maths just doesn't look that healthy for me in the long term (whether mkt dips or not)

Anyway expos like this for me is to look at ideas on layout, innovation in utilising samll spaces etc. Personally would not sign up at an expo.

One ID chap some yrs ago also told me that free a/c, cooker hob, hoods etc are all gimmicks and cost already built into package.

if anyone of you do notice - those posts that got lots of complains and horror stories.

guess where they got their contractor/ID from?