Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aves

House Consultation

Hi Mr Chong, before I take the compass readings. I'd like to check if the following are correct using the layout below.

Green lines = windows

Yellow line = guide to find center of the house

Red arrow = position and 'facing' to take compass readings. All the arrows are labelled A to D for easy identification.

Can u help verify if the following positions and direction to face while taking readings is correct before i proceed to go down and take the readings?

A = reading from main door.

B = 3 steps back from main door.

C = center of the house (this is the most confusing one as I don't know which way I should be facing to take the compass reading.

D = side with the most windows? im not sure if that side is considered the side with the most windows...

Do you need any more readings? pls let me know if u need so i can take it all at once...

Also, you mentioned: "If possible, provide pics of both the exterior and interior of the house."

What kind of pictures would help you?

those showing internal furnishing and structure? is it ok for the pics to show the current furnitures, etc from the current owner or should i wait for him to move out?

do you need pictures when looking out the window / door for each window and door?

What is exterior of the house? mine is a hdb flat so should i take the from the corridoor, the lift or where? or should i take the whole flat from far away?

Your advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by aves

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Can u help verify if the following positions and direction to face while taking readings is correct before i proceed to go down and take the readings?

A = reading from main door.

B = 3 steps back from main door.

C = center of the house (this is the most confusing one as I don't know which way I should be facing to take the compass reading.

D = side with the most windows? im not sure if that side is considered the side with the most windows...

Do you need any more readings? pls let me know if u need so i can take it all at once...

Hello

A and B is correct.

As for C, you can face the windows or the door. Just indicateb the direction.

The side with the most windows also can mean the side of your house with the most sunlight comes in. If there isn't, doesn't matter.

Such readings will be sufficient.

Also, you mentioned: "If possible, provide pics of both the exterior and interior of the house."

What kind of pictures would help you?

Stand at the door and take some pics facing out. If you have a corridor, then take left and right. It would be good if you can take pics of the other sides of windows.

those showing internal furnishing and structure? is it ok for the pics to show the current furnitures, etc from the current owner or should i wait for him to move out?

No need. Any new furniture arrangements for your own can be discussed on the floorplan.

do you need pictures when looking out the window / door for each window and door?

Preferred

What is exterior of the house? mine is a hdb flat so should i take the from the corridoor, the lift or where? or should i take the whole flat from far away?

Your advice is appreciated! Thanks!

As mentioned above will be sufficient.

Hi Mr Chong,

I have taken the compass readings as below. My main door is almost facing north. Just tilted by almost 4-5 degrees.

A - 12 (i think this is not accurate due to the wrought iron gate, is the below readings sufficient?)

B - 5

C - 4

D - 4

Pictures

This is a mini 3d model of my area. The (very faint) blue circle around the center of the picture indicates my flat location and the line on the circle shows where my main door is facing (NOTE: this picture is not north orientated). Hope this can help u get a better 'picture' when viewing the photos of the area.

Edited by aves

Here is our 'planned' layout. There will be a glass door separating the kitchen from the dining area (in red). The dining area edge is below a beam.

Mr Chong,

Can you advise on the following?

1) Dong Tu Date and procedures

2) Is the MBR placement ok?

3) Sink and stove placement (where should i put them?)

4) Placement of study table in study room

5) Is it very bad to have the dining table or dining chairs under the beam? I'll try to squeeze nearer towards the kitchen but i'm not sure if part of the table or the chairs nearer to the living room will be under the beam.

6) Any other things to note in terms of placements or procedures?

Thanks in advance!

I will PM you our birthdates and time.

Edited by aves

Hi Mr Chong.

My hacking has already started this morning so I guess I wouldnt need advice on the dong tu anymore. however. still appreciate if u could give advice on the other stuff like positioning and things to take note of, moving in, etc....

thanks

Hi Mr Chong.

My hacking has already started this morning so I guess I wouldnt need advice on the dong tu anymore. however. still appreciate if u could give advice on the other stuff like positioning and things to take note of, moving in, etc....

thanks

Hello

Although this morning is alright, it doesn't suit everyone. It doesn't suit your house either.

Don't worry, however, you got a good house. Because you didn't start right, you'll reap later.

Position the bed as you've drawn. Your wife sleep on your left. (Only in this bedroom). Also follow my instructions for other forummers on your mbr toilet door.

Preferably you can avoid the dining beam. See if getting a round table helps. Once a while dining under beam is alright. Alternatively, you can do a false ceiling if cost ins alright for you.

Kitchen stove and sink are alright.

Good....the rest just do as you please.

Hello

Although this morning is alright, it doesn't suit everyone. It doesn't suit your house either.

Don't worry, however, you got a good house. Because you didn't start right, you'll reap later.

Position the bed as you've drawn. Your wife sleep on your left. (Only in this bedroom). Also follow my instructions for other forummers on your mbr toilet door.

Preferably you can avoid the dining beam. See if getting a round table helps. Once a while dining under beam is alright. Alternatively, you can do a false ceiling if cost ins alright for you.

Kitchen stove and sink are alright.

Good....the rest just do as you please.

Hi Mr Chong,

Thank you for your kind advice.

However, hacking was started on Wednesday (22nd morning) and not 23. But since it's past, I think I should not dwell too much on it. Right?

We have already planned to sleep in the way you described. However, I cant seem to find anything much on the MBR toilet door. Whats the instructions? Keep it closed?

As for the beam, we have false ceiling at the Living/dining area already but the beam is too low for the false ceiling to be 'flushed' with it. I will post pictures of the beam when the false ceiling is up. We also will be choosing a smaller dining so as to avoid being below the beam. Not sure if it will work. Worst case, we'll just eat at the living room cos we usually watch TV while eating. Hehe... The dining table will probably be used only when there are guests.

So i will position the sink to the side nearer the window and the stove futher from window and its ok right?

Thanks once again for your advice.

Is there any instructions or date to follow for moving in? The reno should take another 4-5 weeks.

Hi Mr Chong,

Thank you for your kind advice.

However, hacking was started on Wednesday (22nd morning) and not 23. But since it's past, I think I should not dwell too much on it. Right?

We have already planned to sleep in the way you described. However, I cant seem to find anything much on the MBR toilet door. Whats the instructions? Keep it closed?

As for the beam, we have false ceiling at the Living/dining area already but the beam is too low for the false ceiling to be 'flushed' with it. I will post pictures of the beam when the false ceiling is up. We also will be choosing a smaller dining so as to avoid being below the beam. Not sure if it will work. Worst case, we'll just eat at the living room cos we usually watch TV while eating. Hehe... The dining table will probably be used only when there are guests.

So i will position the sink to the side nearer the window and the stove futher from window and its ok right?

Hello

Yes, although you shouldn't dwell too much on it, you still need to rectify the problem. 22nd morn is not good for both of you and house. What time did the reno start? Check where the worker started the the reno work. I'll see what I can help.

There have been posts on this question about toilet door. Try to refer to it. Yours won't give you much problem.

Yes, being flexible with the dining table is good.

Yes, you can go ahead with the sink and stove.

Thanks once again for your advice.

Is there any instructions or date to follow for moving in? The reno should take another 4-5 weeks.

You can refer to moving-in in other post. Put up your request 1-2 week before you intend to move-in. I'll get a date for you.

Edited by Mr Chong

hi mr chong. they started hacking around 9+am on 22nd Oct 08.

the first place they started from was the Masterbedroom, close to the toilet entrance. if u see the floorplan its the top lefthand corner of the MBR.

thanks for your prompt response and help. greatly appreciated!!

hi mr chong. they started hacking around 9+am on 22nd Oct 08.

the first place they started from was the Masterbedroom, close to the toilet entrance. if u see the floorplan its the top lefthand corner of the MBR.

thanks for your prompt response and help. greatly appreciated!!

Hello

On 29 Oct 08, 4 am or 9.30pm place a plant with some water (visible little) water at the location where the reno started.