Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
geryl

Our Lollipop House!

Brief background of our lollipop house. We've bought our unit during BTO in 2004 and collected our keys on 12 April 08. Started to do research on March 08 and confirmed an ID in late April 08 after talking to 4 IDs firm. After few rounds of brainstorming with ID, we have finalised the 3D drawings. Reno has started on 5 June 08.

Below is our floorplan.

Picture.a43.th.jpg

Edited by geryl

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Me Spam spam spam tooooo... :dancingqueen:

Can't wait to see more pics!!!

hihi.. finally started my t-blog. how's your ID hunting?

hihi.. finally started my t-blog. how's your ID hunting?

Tiring!!!!!!!!!! Now narrow down to 2 but at the same time meeting another 2 more tomorrow as well... So far have spoken to 7-8 IDs (can't remember oso)... hopefully can firm things up before the cost of materials go up again...

Your place more than 50% done up oreadi??

:yamseng:

For the record, the 4 IDs we talked to are:

1. Weiken

The lady we spoke to is not very professional and don't sound experience. Drop them.

2. RedDot

Met them at Home & Deco Exhibition @ Expo. Keep forcing us to pay deposit for the drawings. They promised to send us a quote within one week but no follow up from them since then. Anyways, we won't really keen to sign with them so we drop them too.

3. Im*ge Cre*tive

Met them at Home & Deco Exhibition too. They didn't really asked what is our requirements and told us to meet them one week later for the drawing and quote. Find them too expensive and their designer is very arrogant. Drop them.

4. U-Home

Got to know them after we saw pics by fellow t-blogger, Wynx, and we popped by to check them out. We're pleased with their service and attitude. After viewing one of their on-going project & their showroom @ paya lebar, we decided to sign them. And this starts our reno journey......

One week later, we received our layout plan.

picture1oa9.jpg

Tiring!!!!!!!!!! Now narrow down to 2 but at the same time meeting another 2 more tomorrow as well... So far have spoken to 7-8 IDs (can't remember oso)... hopefully can firm things up before the cost of materials go up again...

Your place more than 50% done up oreadi??

:yamseng:

my house is about 75% done. carpentary is up this week. stay tune for more pics... :rolleyes:

Hahaha :rofl: .... one of our shortlisted IDs is also U-home... is ur Id- An****s??!!

Meeting him up 2moro for a 2nd quotation as well as drawings....

Nice layout u got there...

Nice layout, although living room has a slanted sided corner.

We did patronised U-Home @ IMM. But its a uncle who attended to us and he wasnt professional. Its seems to me tt he's only keen at closing the deal. Keep offering us additional free gifts n also commented tt if we return back to him to close the deal, he'll offer us a secret pressie... Hubby was afraid tt it may b a fraud.

Hence, we decided to drop them w/o giving them a chance to provide quotation.

But reading yours, it seems tt they'r efficient. We seems to make a mistake to forgo their chance... :bleah:

anyway, wish u good luck n hope to c more pics too!!!

Hahaha :rofl: .... one of our shortlisted IDs is also U-home... is ur Id- An****s??!!

Meeting him up 2moro for a 2nd quotation as well as drawings....

Nice layout u got there...

my ID is B**. ;)

But reading yours, it seems tt they'r efficient. We seems to make a mistake to forgo their chance...

Not necessarily so... from my experience of talking to many ID firms (including the recommended ones), I think at the end of the day, it is down to the specific ID you are engaging. An inexperience ID from a reputable firm will probably still give you lots of headache. :bangwall:

Some pics taken on the day we collected our keys....

Living Room

dsc00338xz3.jpg

Kitchen

img4417sz6.jpg

Master Bedroom Entrance

img4429jd2.jpg

Master Bedroom

img4433bv8.jpg

Bedroom 2

img4424es9.jpg

Edited by geryl

Not necessarily so... from my experience of talking to many ID firms (including the recommended ones), I think at the end of the day, it is down to the specific ID you are engaging. An inexperience ID from a reputable firm will probably still give you lots of headache. :bangwall:

i agree with LittleDevil. its the specific ID whom make wonders.

After a few brainstorming sessions with our ID, we finalised our 3D drawings in mid May. Our theme is modern comtemporary. Black & white colours, glass & mirrors are used in our house.

Edited by geryl

After a few brainstorming sessions with our ID, we finalised our 3D drawings in mid May. Our theme is modern comtemporary. Black & white colours, glass & mirrors are used in our house.

Living Room - Black & White TV Console Feature Wall & Shoe Rack

livingroomsb0.jpg

Dining Area & Bomb Shelter - White Bomb Shelter Feature Wall & Mirror in Dinning Area

diningroomou9.jpg

Kitchen - White Kitchen Cabinets with Black Granite Top

kitchenoy1.jpg

Master Bedroom - Black Full Length Feature Wall, Platform Bed & 5" Wardrobe

mbrnb4.jpgmbrwardrobehn0.jpg

:dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble: ... heehee