Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lawry

Those Who Did Bifold Door For Your Toilet ...

Hi LAWRY

Sorry to hear your plight and hope it can settle asap!

You have put on hold the last payment.

Will you pay up or until you feel ok then pay up or wait for your id to call you?

Is your quotation finalised?

Cheers!!

HAPPY

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Lame frames

Guess what lawry, we're having the same issue with the door frames! :lol:

Now that we've moved in, we realised that we prefer to have PD Doors fixed for the 2 utility rooms. We rang up the contractor and they'd be over tomorrow to hack the frame and lay a portion of pebble dashing at the entrance of these rooms so we didn't have bother too much about the tiling where the door frames would be removed.

While on the other hand, my mum's nagging, you already moved in, you want to go through the dusty hacking and renovating all over again??? 8|

Well, I suppose it can be dusty, noisy and inconvenient to do the doors now. So here's the thing.....

inconvenience for a few days, control dust, noise factor to consider

vs

facing the unsightly door frame for the years to come

If we leave the door frames and just plonk the PD doors on them, we will have to bear with this eyesore for the years to come. Every time when we go to the toilets, we will see this eyesore.

Now that we still have the contractors popping over to do some minor works here and there, it is easier to get them to take down the door frames and lay the pebble dashings. :sport-smiley-018:

Imagine if we can't stand this eyesore, say 2 years down the line, it will be difficult to get any workers to make a special trip up to do this minor work and probably the cost might be higher too. :blink:

My parent flat when install bi-fold doors did not have their door frame removed.. i think is ok la.. cos its an old flat le.. so the appearance is not veri impt.. cost is more impt.. haha.

but for my current 1.. my ID is taking out the door frame to install my bi-fold doors...when comparing prices.. i did called to those door installers on the newspapers.. normally they don remove door frame when installing bi-fold doors.. removing door frame might cost another extra 400 bucks.. which is i think quite exp...

So depend on individual ba

hi lawry, yours is a metal frame.? Wooden door frame is diff from metal door frame. one the top part of the metal door frame is metal pieces that poke into the wall..to remove would mean..remove the top wall as well.

yours a resale...the toilet door originally has slanted opening on top or frosted wire glass on top??

An Indian worker came yesterday to hack the door frames for both utility rooms and we were surprised to see that it's a metal door frame, instead of the usual door frames. Interesting. Luckily the worker spoke English and it was easier to get him to clear up the mess. My maid even nagged at him and got him to mop the floor! :lol: Jialat.

Anyway, another Chinese worker came today to make good the walls. I think he'd be back tomorrow to lay the pebble dashing.

Silly me....forgot to take pixs of the progress....too busy unpacking.....only had time to look here when I'm having my lunch.

Later lah, when I find the camera! :lol:

haiz, guess you are not alone.

although my door frames were hacked off, but my toilet installations also ko yak...

glass shelf is slightly crooked, towel rack has 4 extra holes in tiles (cannot replace tiles as it might make matters worst although contractor is willing to, but might be even uglier).

haiz, guess you are not alone.

although my door frames were hacked off, but my toilet installations also ko yak...

glass shelf is slightly crooked, towel rack has 4 extra holes in tiles (cannot replace tiles as it might make matters worst although contractor is willing to, but might be even uglier).

my ID come back with a quote that include removing both toilet door n doorframe for both mbr n common toilet, one of which i'll be doing bi-fold door n de other frosted tempered glass door.

so i guess dey shuld remove de existing door frame before proceeding with de installation?

but as for my bedrooms n main entrance, i request for them to remove de doorframes n rebuild it back, cos it's an old home n i prefer everything brand new.

Hi all,

I hacked all the wall tiles during reno, and naturally, the door frames were gone. The whole reno was completed and i didn't thought anything about frames.

Now i want to install bi-fold doors. I saw on papers $80, i invited them to my house, but when the salesman came, he said "yours don't have door frame, therefore it will cost $180 bec u must buy the door frame. $80 is for those who have existing frame".

Anyone knows, must bi fold or multiple fold doors sit on door frames? Can it be attached to the wall tiles direct? Or is it common salesman tricks?

Costs override aesthetics bec mine is a old flat, so if possible, no point spending $100 more for the frame.

Hi all,

I hacked all the wall tiles during reno, and naturally, the door frames were gone. The whole reno was completed and i didn't thought anything about frames.

Now i want to install bi-fold doors. I saw on papers $80, i invited them to my house, but when the salesman came, he said "yours don't have door frame, therefore it will cost $180 bec u must buy the door frame. $80 is for those who have existing frame".

Anyone knows, must bi fold or multiple fold doors sit on door frames? Can it be attached to the wall tiles direct? Or is it common salesman tricks?

Costs override aesthetics bec mine is a old flat, so if possible, no point spending $100 more for the frame.

i guess the frame he is referring to is the bi-fold frame, not the door frame.

the bi-fold frame can be attached to wall tiles, and bi-fold door reside inside the bi-fold frame.

$180 for a bi-fold is a common market price i think. i'll post a picture of my bi-fold when i go up my house again.

Hi guys,

If i want to do this bi-folder toilet door as attached below. do i need to hack the door frame?

Please advise...

0208081547yr4.th.jpg

Edited by SoS

ur picture a little too small...can post a bigger one?

180 for a bifold door is cheap liao. my ID quoted 260 initially n i bargained all de way down to 220. den left it at 220 liao. need to let ID earn abit. else later my hm sub-standard job 8|

haiz, i bargained liao but my bi-fold still at $260 each.

lol. maybe cos i got more carpentary wk for them to benefit from? :dunno: