Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kensanctuary

Baby Detected, What Next?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
A big Thanks to Ideasmiths, I had printed out this pages and go thru with wife when I reach home.

Thanks you for all of you, esp your experiences tips. Really appreciate. :D

You are welcome :good: ....now sign here . :deal:

When your zz is out, lets go for :drunk:

i also can stroll there..but it'll be a 3 hour stroll..lol

lol.. mine maybe 10mins stroll..

oh...I just receive a brochure attached to my Credit cards bills.

DBS Cards - For that healthy glow

Promo for Mt.Alv. maternity package "FROM" S$1,243 (double room) SUBJECT TO DELIVERY TYPE.

Also, Cordlife S$150 Off upfront fee for annual plan.

Worth consider boh?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh, Mr.Ideasmiths, my wife ask hor:

e) Don't BUY a baby cot, waste of money. Buy one of those baby 'container' for SGD$99 for infrant to 9 months => After 9 mth, put baby zzz where?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, based on yoongf, we select gynae 1st then gynae to propose hospital package?

gumbokins, the ward A or B etc, based on your Medishield coverage?

http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/billsizeDetails.aspx?cId=10

oh...I just receive a brochure attached to my Credit cards bills.

oh, Mr.Ideasmiths, my wife ask hor:

e) Don't BUY a baby cot, waste of money. Buy one of those baby 'container' for SGD$99 for infrant to 9 months => After 9 mth, put baby zzz where?

Short answer is, daddy gets to sleep on the sofa. Because mummy will sleep on the queen size bed with the baby.

Most parents (including me and wife) thought buy one of those cots and baby will sleep there for 3 years...wrong....after 5 months, the baby will be so active that when he wakes up, he will try to find his/her way down the bed. This is my cot IMG_0009.jpg

1) look at all the vertical space, turn, his hand get caught inside, turn back, crack (yeeee). Didn't happen to mine

2) After 5 months, the baby tries to climb OVER the edge and plonk...of course saleman says can lower the bed and make it a U. But man, my boy tried to climb too and his feet gets caught inside the vertical space again. cry

3) My baby when sleep turns and rotate when he dreams and when he is hot, he rolls to one corner, then to the next. Inside the cot, he will be trapped in no time.

4) So the safest way we found is to box him up. We pushed one of our queen size bed to the corner corner of the room so block with 2 walls, with the headboard making up the 3rd side wall. Put matress vertically on the 2 sides with walls, baby sleep on the safe side, adult sleep on the other exit side. When adult not there, place lots of pillows as obstacle and 2 layers of mattresses on the floor in case baby climb mount everest

You will be very surprise how clever the baby is, mine knows how to wake up, slip down the bed, crawl outside to find me. At night, when he wanted to sleep, he will crawl back, struggle up the bed, cozy to one corner and sleep.

PS: My baby 1st scan detected enjoying himself inside mummy df7bscd.jpg....can see his two hand prop behind his neck while he crossed his leg and whistel away? so take lots and lots of photos B-)

Edited by Ideasmiths

d) Change your way to SUPER SUPER supportive of your wife. You better start coming home early, treat wife well, etc etc. Because if ever post natal depression occurs, you will regret it. Give MAXIMUM feeling of security during and after.

2) Get a good milk bottles. Dr Brown is good. Look out for sale and borrow a membership card from others so you can buy cheap. Corlic is VERY VERY painful to watch when your tiny weeny baby cries and cries and vomit out milk. You save cheapo on the initial feeding using cheap bottles, you may regret (IF) your baby has corlic.

Be really careful on point d), as you really have a **** of a time if ur wifey develop post natal depression. I understand how ideasmith feeling as i also went through during my wife 2nd pregnancy. U cant imagine the horror things that she can come up with :(:( really needed ur support at all times.

Colic is quite serious sometimes, so dun save on the bottles and tits for the baby. Good ones may cost only a bit more. It will be more heartache to see ur little baby cries and cries and vomit.

how much you all spend every month during pregnancy? delivery cost? after birth how much was spend evry month?

jus like to hav an idea so tat i wont be in financial crisis if havin kids

how much you all spend every month during pregnancy? delivery cost? after birth how much was spend evry month?

pregnancy..

cost: if u can take 2nd hand things, cost will be lower.. like

7. Mommy decide where to buy pregnant clothes.

8. Mommy to decide where to buy baby stuff.

If not.. everything is cost

after birth

if u can take 2nd hand baby clothing and stuff..

u only left baby daily stuff.. like milk power

est $100-$200 per mth.. i guess..

milk power

drayer

injection

doctor visit..

when you have kids, money is never enough.

firstly, during pregnancy, the cost really depends where you deliver and how often you go for check-ups.

at KKH, subsidised, natural, i heard some ppl don't even have to fork out a single cent. i delivered at eastshore, C-sect, took my gynae's package and i think it cost almost $5k.

then there are the jabs, the clothes, the necessities. jabs, if you take just the basic ones, can be done for free at polyclinic. otherwise can also take at PD or GP for a hefty premium ($50-100) and all the optional ones that can cost up to $300 for a complete curse (but can use Baby Bonus to pay). milk, best if breastfeed coz IT'S FREE but if cnot, formula can set you back about $100-150 a month.

definitely i feel sourcing for second hand stuff for clothes, toys, cot, playpen, stroller is ideal but sometimes us first time parents, everything also want new new new. but babies outgrow everything so fast...even a cot is questionable because babies (and parents) need to be trained to actually use the cot.

HTH.

when you have kids, money is never enough.

firstly, during pregnancy, the cost really depends where you deliver and how often you go for check-ups.

at KKH, subsidised, natural, i heard some ppl don't even have to fork out a single cent. i delivered at eastshore, C-sect, took my gynae's package and i think it cost almost $5k.

then there are the jabs, the clothes, the necessities. jabs, if you take just the basic ones, can be done for free at polyclinic. otherwise can also take at PD or GP for a hefty premium ($50-100) and all the optional ones that can cost up to $300 for a complete curse (but can use Baby Bonus to pay). milk, best if breastfeed coz IT'S FREE but if cnot, formula can set you back about $100-150 a month.

definitely i feel sourcing for second hand stuff for clothes, toys, cot, playpen, stroller is ideal but sometimes us first time parents, everything also want new new new. but babies outgrow everything so fast...even a cot is questionable because babies (and parents) need to be trained to actually use the cot.

HTH.

I totally agree with you, with kids money is never enough.

My 1st kid is at KKH, and i tell you is not cheap and not worth the $$ spent. Total cost: abt3k

My second kid is at TMC, but worth every $$ spent. Total cost: abt 3.8k

After delivery, come the baby jabs all cost $$, but now government give baby bonus that can at least help a bit of the expenditure during the 1st half year with kid.

As for the baby clothing, get those second de as baby really outgrow very fast not worth buying all new unless u have extra $$ to spent. But dun save on item like milk power, tits and diaper as tis few items sometime can cause some headache de, but if by breast milk than u wont have all tis worries other than the diaper portion.

just my 2cents

Yup, but in a tub (not a pool). Trying to PM u but your PM box is disabled or full. PM me back :seeya:

OMG Really, tat cool, shld i check with my Gynea, im 6weeks pregnancy now heee..

i have tub jac at home too

OMG Really, tat cool, shld i check with my Gynea, im 6weeks pregnancy now heee..

i have tub jac at home too

Have replied your PM. :notti:

It is not a home jac setting, but a hospital one. Hospital environment ensures that you and your baby can be well-cared for should there be any issue. :seeya: