Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tydy

Sourcing For Banquets

Hi all, i am searching for a location ideal for banquet and need to seek opinions from our forummers. Have shortlisted M Hotel Anson Rm, Holiday Inn Atrium, Furama RiverFront and Novotel. The prices and perks are about the same. :unsure:

For M Hotel Anson Rm, seems abit cramp for 30 tables and there is a narrow stretch from table 26 to 30. But my Solemnisation was held at Jbar in M Hotel so this hotel is what we can relate to. The bridal suite looks so comfy

For Furama Riverfront and HIA, location seems abit out as its not easily accessible from MRT.

For Novotel, seems abit old and there are some threads commenting on the bad svc.

Sorry for typing so much. Any views on the above 4 Hotels and other suggestions? Feel free to speak up.

Thanks...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all, i am searching for a location ideal for banquet and need to seek opinions from our forummers. Have shortlisted M Hotel Anson Rm, Holiday Inn Atrium, Furama RiverFront and Novotel. The prices and perks are about the same. :unsure:

For M Hotel Anson Rm, seems abit cramp for 30 tables and there is a narrow stretch from table 26 to 30. But my Solemnisation was held at Jbar in M Hotel so this hotel is what we can relate to. The bridal suite looks so comfy

For Furama Riverfront and HIA, location seems abit out as its not easily accessible from MRT.

For Novotel, seems abit old and there are some threads commenting on the bad svc.

Sorry for typing so much. Any views on the above 4 Hotels and other suggestions? Feel free to speak up.

Thanks...

Hello there

I happen to been to all 4 places for wedding b4.

Overall i still find HIA the best.

M hotel = Ball room small, they try to squeeze too many tablein 1 room. Service not good also. I ask for 1 spoon, waited for 3 dishes also havent get

Furama RIverfront = Services normal, but the 1st dish presentation is worse. They get their waitress to dance on the stage. KAOZ! see already i dun feel like eating liao.

Novatel = 2nd best of the lot. Food is ok, amdience is ok. But serivce can be better.

HIA = Although it is not near MRT, but food ok, service good. Price resonable.

Overall i think HIA is ok, thats why i choose there also (hee hee). Who you liase with?

Hello there

I happen to been to all 4 places for wedding b4.

Overall i still find HIA the best.

M hotel = Ball room small, they try to squeeze too many tablein 1 room. Service not good also. I ask for 1 spoon, waited for 3 dishes also havent get

Furama RIverfront = Services normal, but the 1st dish presentation is worse. They get their waitress to dance on the stage. KAOZ! see already i dun feel like eating liao.

Novatel = 2nd best of the lot. Food is ok, amdience is ok. But serivce can be better.

HIA = Although it is not near MRT, but food ok, service good. Price resonable.

Overall i think HIA is ok, thats why i choose there also (hee hee). Who you liase with?

Hi, thanks for ur reply.. I am liasing with Sharon. Do u know that the wedding show is tomorrow , and they are offering cash rebates. Thats what enticing me... hehe..

Hi, thanks for ur reply.. I am liasing with Sharon. Do u know that the wedding show is tomorrow , and they are offering cash rebates. Thats what enticing me... hehe..

Hello. I deals with Shirley. Sharon is the new gal? Initially I am dealing with a guy named Ivan. But we dun his service. So requested to change. So we got shirley. Who is the catering Manager. Overall still ok till.

When i sign up for the tables, i am dealing with another guy who is the catering director, who happens to be my friend. So i manage to get quite a number of freebie from him.

Sad thing is that once i sign he quitted and join St. Regis. Got wedding show? at the hotel? Can go check it out. They should offer many good offers. check out other stuffs like videographer and camera man.

Hello. I deals with Shirley. Sharon is the new gal? Initially I am dealing with a guy named Ivan. But we dun his service. So requested to change. So we got shirley. Who is the catering Manager. Overall still ok till.

When i sign up for the tables, i am dealing with another guy who is the catering director, who happens to be my friend. So i manage to get quite a number of freebie from him.

Sad thing is that once i sign he quitted and join St. Regis. Got wedding show? at the hotel? Can go check it out. They should offer many good offers. check out other stuffs like videographer and camera man.

ok, how I wish I know your friend too. Haha, then i know what I can get or ask for. Do u mind email me the perks u get as a gauge? Cos I read thru sgbrides and realised that they keep missing this and that out.

So far Sharon has been communicating thru mail but see the forum, they comment that she got slow response...

Am I abit too early to confirm photographer? Cos my AD is Nov-09.

for us, we are deciding between M Hotel and Carlton, for me of cos i wan Carlton but SO say too exp! :(

asylum_ship, M Hotel tat bad? i am thinking of the Anson Rm too, the others too exp! hai~

tydy, when is ur AD?

Edited by ashes02

for us, we are deciding between M Hotel and Carlton, for me of cos i wan Carlton but SO say too exp! :(

asylum_ship, M Hotel tat bad? i am thinking of the Anson Rm too, the others too exp! hai~

tydy, when is ur AD?

Hi ashes02,

I also think Carlton abit exp! Do you know that Carlton has an upcoming wedding show. If u really interested, go and have a look and u get more perks when u signed up during the show.

i signed up with HIA ytd already. Hee. Finally made up my mind.

M Hotel Anson Room is very cramped. Do you know that Table 26 to 32 is at an elongated area and guests cant really see the stage. Now I already have 30 tables and its still early. So we might have up to 32 tables. So the view wll be blocked. Cos im have held my solemnisation at M hotel, she have already told me what perks she giving. PM me if u interested to know the perks...

Why dont u look at Novotel and HIA, the prices are quite similar to Anson Room.

Novotel has a wedding showcase on 16 Aug... But for some other reasons, we chose HIA. hee...

And most imptly u must like the ballroom and table setup. My AD is on 28Nov09.

asylum_ship, just like u , im a HIA bride!! haha

i had my banquet at M hotel

and mine is at the Banquet Room so it's more of no blocked views and no pillars blocking

find the decor and everything ok leh... and i have the whole floor to myself with a dressing room just next to the ballroom for me to change to my evening gown

is it really that bad as wat u guys mentioned? :unsure:

Hi ashes02,

I also think Carlton abit exp! Do you know that Carlton has an upcoming wedding show. If u really interested, go and have a look and u get more perks when u signed up during the show.

i signed up with HIA ytd already. Hee. Finally made up my mind.

M Hotel Anson Room is very cramped. Do you know that Table 26 to 32 is at an elongated area and guests cant really see the stage. Now I already have 30 tables and its still early. So we might have up to 32 tables. So the view wll be blocked. Cos im have held my solemnisation at M hotel, she have already told me what perks she giving. PM me if u interested to know the perks...

Why dont u look at Novotel and HIA, the prices are quite similar to Anson Room.

Novotel has a wedding showcase on 16 Aug... But for some other reasons, we chose HIA. hee...

And most imptly u must like the ballroom and table setup. My AD is on 28Nov09.

asylum_ship, just like u , im a HIA bride!! haha

err HIA how much ah? i know Park View one $818/888, might as well tale Carlton... hehe!

ya, i going to the Carlton Bridal show this mth, hopefully got more perks.

Can email me the M hotel perks? ashes02@ymail.com thanks ah! I dun like novotel and my SO jus DUN like Holiday Inn for no reasons....It is really headache looking for banquets in 09! :bangwall:

Edited by ashes02

i had my banquet at M hotel

and mine is at the Banquet Room so it's more of no blocked views and no pillars blocking

find the decor and everything ok leh... and i have the whole floor to myself with a dressing room just next to the ballroom for me to change to my evening gown

is it really that bad as wat u guys mentioned? :unsure:

Hi fifi, when is ur AD? We are talking abt Anson Room at M Hotel... I know Banquet suite is nice with a VIP room for changing... its nice but burst budget. Haa... 2009 rates are bit high for Banquet Suite..

BTW, who is ur coordinator? I liaise with Colette for my solemnisation. She is very very very strict on perks...

err HIA how much ah? i know Park View one $818/888, might as well tale Carlton... hehe!

ya, i going to the Carlton Bridal show this mth, hopefully got more perks.

Can email me the M hotel perks? ashes02@ymail.com thanks ah! I dun like novotel and my SO jus DUN like Holiday Inn for no reasons....It is really headache looking for banquets in 09! :bangwall:

ashes02, i have pmed u the perks... cannot access emails in office. hee.. :notti:

i think u have to start early for banquets... cos i went to Orchard Parade hotel which looks old and they have bookings until 2010 already. Brides are getting more kiasu nowadays (just like myself).

For mine date, several hotels that I checked already have reservations. My cousin wedding is Dec09 and they also say their ideal place has tentative reservations already.

tydy, when is ur AD?

That time when i was there, the experience was really bad for me and my table of friends. But then again it was quite sometime ago, but it indeed left a bad impression on me. Thats why when i choose hotel, i left it out. Maybe others are lucky, they have better experience.

hello!

Congrats in joining the ship. haha, Hope you will have an enjoyable time as me as well.

Hee hee, I am not the bride lah, my wife is. Who is your co-ordinator.

you will want my perks? Sorry, weekend i am busy with my housing cos it is under reno, so i nv go online.

If you need, i can send it to you.

Anyway, there is still some room for negotiation even after you sign.

Just ask, dun care. fight for the best deal. ahhaha

Which is what i did.

CONGRATS to you again!

That time when i was there, the experience was really bad for me and my table of friends. But then again it was quite sometime ago, but it indeed left a bad impression on me. Thats why when i choose hotel, i left it out. Maybe others are lucky, they have better experience.

hello!

Congrats in joining the ship. haha, Hope you will have an enjoyable time as me as well.

Hee hee, I am not the bride lah, my wife is. Who is your co-ordinator.

you will want my perks? Sorry, weekend i am busy with my housing cos it is under reno, so i nv go online.

If you need, i can send it to you.

Anyway, there is still some room for negotiation even after you sign.

Just ask, dun care. fight for the best deal. ahhaha

Which is what i did.

CONGRATS to you again!

haha, Paiseh, Mr Groom.. yup, can email me at candy_addictz@hotmail.com. Thanks....

I try my best to bargain for more... they didnt give me pre and post dinner snacks and still charge me 50% for food tasting.. :unsure: still trying to bargain since I havent sign contract.

hi tydy,

my AD was 2 years back probably that's why there's a difference in service? my coordinator had left M hotel...

which one is Anson room? at my time, the one at 2nd floor is known as function room. is that the one?

think beginning of this yr, a ex-colleague of mine had also held her banquet there... i didnt attend but no complaints from the other ex-colleagues... :dunno:

hi tydy,

my AD was 2 years back probably that's why there's a difference in service? my coordinator had left M hotel...

which one is Anson room? at my time, the one at 2nd floor is known as function room. is that the one?

think beginning of this yr, a ex-colleague of mine had also held her banquet there... i didnt attend but no complaints from the other ex-colleagues... :dunno:

yup. Anson room is on 2nd flr... i think svc wise, depends on luck cos usually the waitresses are all part time basis so really depends.

i dropped M hotel cos the anson room max is 32tables and i will be exceeding 32tables so no choice.

Thats why need to look elsewhere for bigger ballrooms...

yup. Anson room is on 2nd flr... i think svc wise, depends on luck cos usually the waitresses are all part time basis so really depends.

i dropped M hotel cos the anson room max is 32tables and i will be exceeding 32tables so no choice.

Thats why need to look elsewhere for bigger ballrooms...

yup... agree with wat u said :)

oh... so they changed the name of the function room to anson room :)

ya... dun go beyond the max capacity of the number of tables. else will be really cramp. dun tink the coordinator will allow too