Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tydy

Sourcing For Banquets

i think u have to start early for banquets... cos i went to Orchard Parade hotel which looks old and they have bookings until 2010 already. Brides are getting more kiasu nowadays (just like myself).

For mine date, several hotels that I checked already have reservations. My cousin wedding is Dec09 and they also say their ideal place has tentative reservations already.

my Shifu still haven give me my AD date....tats y there's nothing i can do now... really worried tat cannot get the hotel i wan :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
haha, Paiseh, Mr Groom.. yup, can email me at candy_addictz@hotmail.com. Thanks....

I try my best to bargain for more... they didnt give me pre and post dinner snacks and still charge me 50% for food tasting.. :unsure: still trying to bargain since I havent sign contract.

hi asylum_ship, thanks for the email! recd liao. U have a good deal. But i still negotiating with them cos my colleague told me she knows someone there, ask me to look for her. I so paiseh, keep calling them up to ask this and that... haiz. I thought pay deposit should be able to relax liao, should be signed contract then cannot relax my mind. haa.

Thanks for your email! :yamseng:

eh how is Peninsular Excelsior Hotel ah? went to the ballroom and bridal suite today, quite cool wor and the coordinator is very very nice. any feedbacks? food nice?

hi asylum_ship, thanks for the email! recd liao. U have a good deal. But i still negotiating with them cos my colleague told me she knows someone there, ask me to look for her. I so paiseh, keep calling them up to ask this and that... haiz. I thought pay deposit should be able to relax liao, should be signed contract then cannot relax my mind. haa.

Thanks for your email! :yamseng:

no worries! Impt thing is to help you guys get the best deal out of it.

no worries! Impt thing is to help you guys get the best deal out of it.

hm, asylum ship, the coordinator didnt want to do anything abt it... i think pay deposit liao then they dont wish to entertain us... keep emphasizing that i already got a very good deal...

hm, asylum ship, the coordinator didnt want to do anything abt it... i think pay deposit liao then they dont wish to entertain us... keep emphasizing that i already got a very good deal...

need to pay 50% for food tasting still good deal meh you ask her! go and bug her again and again

anyway there is still along way till AD. so can still bargain somemore

need to pay 50% for food tasting still good deal meh you ask her! go and bug her again and again

anyway there is still along way till AD. so can still bargain somemore

Instead she ask me got friends to recommend, if yes, we can enjoy more cash rebates... duh..

i will be signing my contract soon, so really hope she can accomodate our requests...

no reviews for Peninsular Excelsior Hotel ? :(

hi ashes02, no reviews abt that... i tot that time u interested in M hotel. I saw their booth at Marina Sq wedding fair..

my AD date not available in M hotel liao, have tentively booked Peninsular Excelsior. But no reviews at all. hai...dunno whether to go ahead or not :unsure:

my AD date not available in M hotel liao, have tentively booked Peninsular Excelsior. But no reviews at all. hai...dunno whether to go ahead or not :unsure:

when is your AD? both function rm and banquet suite not available?

3 Oct 09, mid autumn festival. hot date lah, everywhere also booked liao.... jus finding the banquet alone is tiring me liao. when do u gals start booking the bridal package ah? me thinking of after CNY next year, too late?

3 Oct 09, mid autumn festival. hot date lah, everywhere also booked liao.... jus finding the banquet alone is tiring me liao. when do u gals start booking the bridal package ah? me thinking of after CNY next year, too late?

oic.. i think bridal package not to worry... cos I sign my pkg early this yr for my ROM this june...

then after that u will not be contacting the bridal shop until 4mths before yr AD. So i think u can look for it next yr jan at BOWS show... If u signed during that time, more perks and still can bargain for more photos..

Yeah tydy is right, slowly see and choose your wedding package. Sign up during roadshows or wedding shows, better bargain. If your ROM is on a different date as your AD, try to get them to loan you your ROM dresses, suit for your FH, flowers and make up for your ROM. Save you a lot of $ and trouble

Edited by asylum_ship

Thanks for the advice! my ROM is this year 17 Nov 08, will be keeping it simple so mostly probably will buy a real simple dress, shoes and maybe makeup on my own, cos i only intend to invite his and my family, total only ard 10 pax hehe~

is the banquet i am worried about....