Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi,

Well I just had my 4rm resale flat renovated by IntraDesign.

Originally I was also concerned that their quotation is not itemised and the pricing appears higher. However as the feedback on this site has been good I decided to go ahead and give them a try. The way I worked around the problem of not having an itemised quotation was the following:

1) Once I decided I want really wanted based on quotations of several IDs I went back to all the shortlisted IDs to ask them to requote based on very specific requirements

2) Certain items I asked IntraDesign to list as optional and they had to itemised those items so that I can decide if I wanted them or not

From the above I was able to tell how they compare to the others I was looking at. In the end I found that they were similarly priced to a couple of others that I was looking at.

What finally swayed my decision was that my designer Irene was the one who is able to understand what I really wanted and was able to translate them into practical designs. It also helps that they have pretty good ideas where the kitchen was concerned.

My reno started in mid Mar and was completed early May. It took 7 weeks in total and I overhauled the whole place including knocking down a bedroom. The only original item left was the main door! :D

The whole renovation process was a very good experience. Time schedules was given ahead of time and the progress was good. Irene gave me weekly updates of what was done and what is to be expected. The contractors they used were also good and there were thoughtful touches added throughout the whole place. Even during touch ups when the contractors mended areas that I wanted they spotted and took the initiative to touch up areas where I missed. The whole process was well managed and relatively stress free. It was the envy of my colleagues who had problems of delayed schedules, wrong colours used, uneven carpentry works etc.

Now I am preparing to move in. In the process I am still spotting minor bits and areas that needed some touch ups. So far Irene has been very understanding and responsive, following up closely with my feedbacks. So I am very happy with the after service as well.

Yes, along the way I did realise that certain items they could be charging higher than other IDs but other areas they are competitve. Overall pricing is competitive with the desingers that I was looking at (who were also of the mid, leaning towards higher range types). On the whole for the design and service provided I am comfortable and convinced that it is value for my money.

Anyway I will be happy to share more about my experience and show before and after photos of my place if anyone needs a reference.

Cheers!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi greenpeace,

you have your point too which i can agree with :) Each have to be happy to whom they engage, that is most important of all.

When money concern, we really need to be very careful how we are going to spend it, whether worth every dollar cents or not. Each expectations and requirements when concluding a trade or an agreement are very very dynamic, no single reno firm can please the whole wide community of consumers out there... It all depends on what consumer wants... :rolleyes:

btw enjoy the process of building a blissful home of yours, be it with any reno firm...have fun!! Cheers!

yeap :) let's hope we all made the right choice and everything will go smoothly according to plan.. i think only when they (id) handover the hse to us then we can tell if it worth our dollars and cents... keke anyway, its all our hard earn money, lets hope for the best!! :)

if everyone else can break down their quotes then i dun see any particular reason why they can't do it.. Where is the transparency if price for each individual item ain't break down properly?

anyway, we shall not discuss it any further, i dun really care how intra work now since i have already signed with another id... i just hope everyone and myself here would have our reno done happily... :)

hi greenpeace,

you have your point too which i can agree with :) Each have to be happy to whom they engage, that is most important of all.

When money concern, we really need to be very careful how we are going to spend it, whether worth every dollar cents or not. Each expectations and requirements when concluding a trade or an agreement are very very dynamic, no single reno firm can please the whole wide community of consumers out there... It all depends on what consumer wants... :rolleyes:

btw enjoy the process of building a blissful home of yours, be it with any reno firm...have fun!! Cheers!

Hi all,i'm new to tis forum.juz had my renovation done by intradesign last mth.been sourcing for ID firm since jan tis year,chanced upon intradesign when lookin @ reviews in tis forum.went down n talk to their towkay'Dave'.

Dun look like a boss to my wife n me when we saw him,v easy goin character.few times during e conversation,he keep remindin us to go look @ more ID firms.take our time to slowly choose.nt pushy @ all.after we left,we r both impressed by his confidence n his patience.later part,we went ard to other ID firms,gd service was oso being rendered upon us by other firms except one tt make us feel v uncomfortable,which i Choose nt to name them.all other firms provided us wif breakdowns of everythin except indradesign,but after seeing so many posts by e pple here tt Intradesign do nt gif breakdowns,we decided to pay Dave another visit to chuan him abt tis.long story cut short,we decided on them coz we feel tt we feel v comfortable wif him.we talk like frens,nt @ all did we feel like Custs.from our initial budget of 30k,we stretch our budget to 50k plus coz we r doing a major overhaul for our 5rm flat.oso we strongly believe tt e amt of money we pay wil equal to gd service,piece of mind while renovating coz we gt no time to be on site all e time,gd design,n basically We hv trust n confidence in Dave.even til now,we r stil in contact wif Dave,coz from a paying cust,we hv become frens.can u imagine a ID firm who after collectin e payments,deliver e hse on time,yeT

stil keep calling u to ask which part of ur hse need any repairs to be done.nex week his guys wil be droppin by to improvise.so guys no doubt tis is my 1st time renovatin n Intradesign is e only firm i use,given a choice if i'm movin hse in e future,i would stil look for them.might sound v much like advertising but no worries,i'l upload my pics in tis thread within a few days time.cheers

if everyone else can break down their quotes then i dun see any particular reason why they can't do it.. Where is the transparency if price for each individual item ain't break down properly?

anyway, we shall not discuss it any further, i dun really care how intra work now since i have already signed with another id... i just hope everyone and myself here would have our reno done happily... :)

ya bro, forget abt them since u already signed on with another ID....hehe...let's worry abt which washing machine to get and more....hahaha :D:D:D

Probably many people have asked for break-down before. Intra may have some reason for not wanting to give a breakdown quote, and at least to me, they are consistent in this, the same way of quoting. If they give some clients, but didn't give the rest, I would be upset too.

I'm an Intra Customer and I agree their after-sales service is what I am impressed with.

Edited by greenpeace_sg

well... to be fair with them, im not saying their work is no good or anything.. ppl like you giving good comments and defended them for a reason. Im just saying since we are the customers, we have the power to demand and the power to choose... what im unhappy with is the reply i got from them... "if i break down our quote for you, it will be unfair to the rest of our clients?" I mean can't u be more flexible in dealing with your customers? every customer has a diff set of demands, so are you telling me we can only do it your way or the highway? simply ignoring your customer requests? that's poor "pre-sales" service...

Probably many people have asked for break-down before. Intra may have some reason for not wanting to give a breakdown quote, and at least to me, they are consistent in this, the same way of quoting. If they give some clients, but didn't give the rest, I would be upset too.

I'm an Intra Customer and I agree their after-sales service is what I am impressed with.

hi greenpeace sg,

understand your point of view and where you coming from... in fact being nuetral it all depends on your needs n budgets.. :P I ever asked and complained to Dave about Intra ways of quotation, but afterall we cannot change how each corporation work right.

i had my HDB done during dec 2007, as for price, i took a gamble of engaging them with no breakdowns in pricing....done research + judging from what been done by intra previously, lastly their track records.

probably the differences $ with other ID pricing may be fraction of thousands either + or -. one thing i can assure new customers out there... their aftersales score an A. Intra had given us (Compassvale road) a peace of mind, whenever i need help in areas of some touching up when we accidently 'destroyed' some of the carpentry...ha ha... spill i mean... Replacement done nearly free of charge..my ID was Dave, or is Dave, he have been very responsive (you can look at history of feedbacks) action speaks!

every customers have their rights and free to judge any ID including Intra. At the end of the day, important is that what being accomplished that lead to satisfying each client + responsive aftersales services....

with best regards,

well... to be fair with them, im not saying their work is no good or anything.. ppl like you giving good comments and defended them for a reason. Im just saying since we are the customers, we have the power to demand and the power to choose... what im unhappy with is the reply i got from them... "if i break down our quote for you, it will be unfair to the rest of our clients?" I mean can't u be more flexible in dealing with your customers? every customer has a diff set of demands, so are you telling me we can only do it your way or the highway? simply ignoring your customer requests? that's poor "pre-sales" service...

Hey hey! You are right manz! On top of that, being dave's clients, you have to make a payment of 50% + 50% even b4 the works get started. And was told that if i am uncomfortable with his payment scheme, i can approach his other colleagues?! 8|

To be fair, I think most firms require payments before work starts. Otherwise, they may have cash flow problem if all the clients don't pay up or delay payment after work is done. Not sure why yours was 50% +50%, mine is 50% before start of the hacking and laying of tiles and 40% upon finishing the first stage but before proceeding to the carpentry works and 10% upon taking over. Some others offered me 50%+45%+5% so it really depends.

As for my reno work, so far I'm happy with their work and also their attitude is commendable. My ID calls me up for updates on what has been done and what's the next step. Next week, my carpentry will start and if you need to see some pictures for reference, please pm me.

Yeah.. totally agreed! they dun break down their quote, that make it impossible to compare their quote with the rest.. i demanded them to break it down for me so i can compare their quote apple to apple with the rest and also it would be easier for me if i would want to remove those more "expensive" item..

their replied: "Oh we dun break down our quote one, if we break it down for you, then it will be unfair to the rest of my clients"

@#%@!##.... what kinda lame reason is that? i approached them based on the good comments here on renotalk and i purposely picked the so-called most reputable id from Intra, yet she is giving me this kinda crap... so disappointed, i told her fine and put down the phone... she called again after a week to follow up... i simply tell her i have already signed with another id....

Hey hey! You are right manz! On top of that, being dave's clients, you have to make a payment of 50% + 50% even b4 the works get started. And was told that if i am uncomfortable with his payment scheme, i can approach his other colleagues?! 8|

Yeah.. totally agreed! they dun break down their quote, that make it impossible to compare their quote with the rest.. i demanded them to break it down for me so i can compare their quote apple to apple with the rest and also it would be easier for me if i would want to remove those more "expensive" item..

their replied: "Oh we dun break down our quote one, if we break it down for you, then it will be unfair to the rest of my clients"

@#%@!##.... what kinda lame reason is that? i approached them based on the good comments here on renotalk and i purposely picked the so-called most reputable id from Intra, yet she is giving me this kinda crap... so disappointed, i told her fine and put down the phone... she called again after a week to follow up... i simply tell her i have already signed with another id....

hi greenpeace sg,

understand your point of view and where you coming from... in fact being nuetral it all depends on your needs n budgets.. :P I ever asked and complained to Dave about Intra ways of quotation, but afterall we cannot change how each corporation work right.

i had my HDB done during dec 2007, as for price, i took a gamble of engaging them with no breakdowns in pricing....done research + judging from what been done by intra previously, lastly their track records.

probably the differences $ with other ID pricing may be fraction of thousands either + or -. one thing i can assure new customers out there... their aftersales score an A. Intra had given us (Compassvale road) a peace of mind, whenever i need help in areas of some touching up when we accidently 'destroyed' some of the carpentry...ha ha... spill i mean... Replacement done nearly free of charge..my ID was Dave, or is Dave, he have been very responsive (you can look at history of feedbacks) action speaks!

every customers have their rights and free to judge any ID including Intra. At the end of the day, important is that what being accomplished that lead to satisfying each client + responsive aftersales services....

with best regards,

Edited by greenpeace_sg

Thanks Stagger, will c how much she quote me for 4 rm resale flat, still waiting for her quotation.

no worries at all, my pleasure :)

Close to 48K..actually can't really nego as she is giving out her best price.

You can however, drop some of your ideas or do lesser jobs to reduce the price.

For me is the price should match with the quality of work :)

Thanks Stagger, will c how much she quote me for 4 rm resale flat, still waiting for her quotation.

hi stagger,

how much is your quotation end up? i just wonder from 50k+ can nego to how much.

i'm also looking for Irene and wait for her quotation.

Close to 48K..actually can't really nego as she is giving out her best price.

You can however, drop some of your ideas or do lesser jobs to reduce the price.

For me is the price should match with the quality of work :)