Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xarain

Renovation Costs For Condo

Hi all

My condo is brand new and yet to TOP - I wish to do some A&A - obviously since the floors / kitchen etc are all set - what is ballpark figure i should be looking at to spend?

Core of my work should be focused on interior design and furnishing

40k reasonable? or less/more?

thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

depend what u want to do

u can no need to spent single $$ for reno except painting or u can spend $100k to whack away evreything.

depends on what you want to do, as the previous poster said.. we spent about 40K including furniture and lots and lots of carpentry and some pretty expensive lights.. no hacking though... the more you hack, the more you spend!

yes I agree.

However on to the topic of Hacking - how much is a rough estimate of hacking a wall between 2 rooms to increase the room side? or it is not possible to tell?

$10,000 ?

hacking a wall is not expensive BUT since its a new condo u have to understand that the developer might just void yr 1yr warranty due to the hacking. hacking wall will affect flooring, so u need to repair that too.

u need to engage a contract/ID, where they will get a PE to approve the hacking, then submit to yr MCST. i think PE fees are around $400-$500 plus, just for the endorsement.

Guest our-home

We decided not to hack cos contractor advised that the concealed pipes/wires/aircon trunking may be affected.

Also getting a PE down to just take a look is very costly - about $500.

Our condo management informed us that if the PE needed the detailed plans of the building, we have to pay $15 per hour for their staff to go to their head office, search for the plans and return to the condo.

She cited a case where another owner had to pay for 5-6 hours worth of their time.

In the end, we gave up our dream of having an open-concept kitchen and overlaid the tiles in the 2 bathrooms and kitchen.

We decided not to hack cos contractor advised that the concealed pipes/wires/aircon trunking may be affected.

Also getting a PE down to just take a look is very costly - about $500.

Our condo management informed us that if the PE needed the detailed plans of the building, we have to pay $15 per hour for their staff to go to their head office, search for the plans and return to the condo.

She cited a case where another owner had to pay for 5-6 hours worth of their time.

In the end, we gave up our dream of having an open-concept kitchen and overlaid the tiles in the 2 bathrooms and kitchen.

Hi,

May i know how much your contractor charge you for overlaying tiles in the bathrooms & kitchen? Can you overlay tiles on walls too? I am thinking of renovating my apartment.

hacking a wall is not expensive BUT since its a new condo u have to understand that the developer might just void yr 1yr warranty due to the hacking. hacking wall will affect flooring, so u need to repair that too.

u need to engage a contract/ID, where they will get a PE to approve the hacking, then submit to yr MCST. i think PE fees are around $400-$500 plus, just for the endorsement.

Will they still void the warranty even though you got PE approval?

Guest our-home
Hi,

May i know how much your contractor charge you for overlaying tiles in the bathrooms & kitchen? Can you overlay tiles on walls too? I am thinking of renovating my apartment.

Hi prismo

Sorry for late reply, didn't check this topic.

Ours is a 2+1, 980 sq ft. We removed the existing kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanity tops, shower screen, bathtub, everything. Yes, overlay on walls is possible, we did that for our 2 bathrooms. But for the kitchen, the walls are plastered then painted with tiled skirting, one section between top and bottom cabinets with glass backsplash - no wall tiles. I think I have a drawing of the kitchen in my t-blog.

Just tiling (2 bathroom walls & floors, shower kerbs, waterproofing over bathtub area, kitchen floor, cement plastering, skirting on exposed walls) and labour is about $7000.

This doesn't include removal, disconnect water piping, dismantle/reinstall WC, etc, etc costs.

Sorry what does "PE" stand-for in this context?

PE is Professional Engineer.

Laying of homogeneous wall and floor tiles is about $7 per sq feet.

For selection of tiles not exceeding $2.8 per square feet.

We don't use sub con, thus reduce hassle and trouble from using sub con.

PM me for more details pls.

Cheers

collected my condo key 2 weeks back. now sourcing for ID or contractor.

a rough estimate for these work:

1. false ceiling

2. tv console

3. lightings

4. painting

5. master bedroom head board

etc etc

25k approximately.

no hacking or major work.

collected my condo key 2 weeks back. now sourcing for ID or contractor.

a rough estimate for these work:

1. false ceiling

2. tv console

3. lightings

4. painting

5. master bedroom head board

etc etc

25k approximately.

no hacking or major work.

Hi Bro,

I have just finish my reno. And happy with the finishing. You can try to look for this designer at innerroom.

Happy reno.