Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dtft

Simple Home

Hi, I going to start this t-blog to document the stuff going to be done for my new house.

I have stayed in my current house for nearly 8 years. It is in a fantistic location in Bukit Batok central, just opposite West Mall. It has great view, without any blockage, but somehow my kitchen was conquered by ants (parents living with us). Another reason for moving is that i worked in Changi, long travelling time to work. To cut story short me and my wife went for house hunting on one Sat in June 08 and signed the OTP the next day (super fast). The new house is a resale flat of 21 years old. Size is not bad - 121 sq m. The location is only 8 minutes walk to Redhill mrt. We paid $470k for the house. The COV is $32k :( .

We hope the 2nd appointment can be on 17 Oct 08 because we are letting the owner to stay a month after the completion. That leave me with very little time for renovation. Possibly with only 6 weeks. I need to shift in before 2009. We have sourced a ID that we are confident that he will delivered the good within the stipulated time (fingers crossed).

This is our floor plan.

floor.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Will be meeting my ID tomolo to see the 3D design. Hope it will be nice. The current owner have done a lot of modification to the original floor plan.

Eg. Seal up current MBR door, open up new entrance from bedroom 2 to MBR. Remove Bedroom 2 door. Shifted kitchen door from right to left.

We need to "restored" the house back to orignal except for the kitchen entrance which i intend to have it in the middle. I will have two rows of cabinet in my kitchen.

hi there!

so spacious! more pix more pix :yo:

I hope i can post more too but house not yet taken over. Will try to post some layout and 3D pics when i get hold of them.

Edited by dtft

Just met my ID.

Below are the first 3D design of my house. Most of them will be changed.

MBR

leongkok_bahru_3d_drawing_002.jpg

leongkok_bahru_3d_drawing_001.jpg

Kitchen (only showing one side)

leongkok_bahru_3d_drawing_003.jpg

Foyer/Balcony

leongkok_bahru_3d_drawing_004.jpg

Congrates on ur new home! Redhill is really very accessible to everywhere else. hehehe.. so cool!

Nice 3D drawings, I like the glass door in ur kitchen! :P Hopefully u will be keeping that.

Congrates on ur new home! Redhill is really very accessible to everywhere else. hehehe.. so cool!

Nice 3D drawings, I like the glass door in ur kitchen! :P Hopefully u will be keeping that.

Should be changing to swing door. I am going to change the kitchen sink to a corner sink.

congrats!

redhill....good location!

That's why i want to move, nearer to in-laws place too.

wat colors u changing to?

congratssssss

love ur balcony colors btw

the balcony still very draft design. Will be finalising the design after we make a site visit after the 2nd appointment.

Should be changing to swing door. I am going to change the kitchen sink to a corner sink.

the balcony still very draft design. Will be finalising the design after we make a site visit after the 2nd appointment.

Oooo icic. hehe show us the amended 3Ds when it's completed for us to :dribble:

Me and my wife had been visiting lots of furniture shops in singapore. We have been to IFC, Furniture mall and those furniture shops at Sungei Kadut. Currently two sofas caught our eyes. One is from Morries (we found the same model in one the shop in FM) and the other is from Cellini. I don't have the picture for the one in Morries but I have the link for the one in Cellini Simona. I am considering to take module a and d which cost around $1770 (they having promotion now). Might get module c if i have enough budget (another $500 plus) :bangwall: .

My second appointment has been confirmed on 17 Oct (6 weeks) :good: . But the seller will be staying for a month after that :( . So reno will start after 17 Nov.

Nothing on the design yet as still waiting for the site visit together with my FSM and ID next month.

Design will only finalise after the visit (have a month to decide before reno start).

Edited by dtft

wow congrats! Your layout very very nice. One of those that I really considered... cos so square and the living can really look spacious...

I like the 3D designs... but mmm more common these days ba. glad to see you all making changes!!