Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bigkev

Modern Resort Theme Home

That furniture is known as a setee, but unfortunately we are not doing it because of budget constrains and future reasons. firstly, the wood used to make it shd be quite strong, as humans can sit on the custom made cushion. This kind of setee is similar to those u see at clinics. The opening of the setee can be opened from the top or from the front in the form of sliding doors. Mine was quoted $1350 for a 5 foot long setee. hope that answer your queries.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
That furniture is known as a setee, but unfortunately we are not doing it because of budget constrains and future reasons. firstly, the wood used to make it shd be quite strong, as humans can sit on the custom made cushion. This kind of setee is similar to those u see at clinics. The opening of the setee can be opened from the top or from the front in the form of sliding doors. Mine was quoted $1350 for a 5 foot long setee. hope that answer your queries.

wow. 1350. tat really sounds kinda costly :bangwall:

Some purchases made......

Kitchen Sink

image066qj9.jpg

Toilet Bowl

image071ne1.jpg

Common Toilet Sink

image072ps4.jpg

MBR Toilet Sink

image074do7.jpg

Kitchen Sink Tap

image082nq5.jpg

I think we went to the same shop to buy our toilet accessories! Is it a corner unit somewhere in Balestier? :notti:

Ya, its call tapzgallery in balestier

Yup, def the same shop... their stuff is nicer in terms of design but I think their prices quite ex lor...tried to bargain my best liao and still a lot more compared to other shops...oh well...buy already so mai hiam lah...

I saw that your bathroom is full glass...see-through eh... cool! I also wanted that design but then our bathroom faces the window means other ppl can see...boo! :bleah:

Edited by mmycheng

Hi bigkev,

did your id say why the 5 foot setee is so expensive?

Hi bigkev,

did your id say why the 5 foot setee is so expensive?

well i think all those contractors have a way or 2 to sell u why theirs is the best and why is it worth the money. to me it didnt make any sense hence decided to scrap it.

Yup, def the same shop... their stuff is nicer in terms of design but I think their prices quite ex lor...tried to bargain my best liao and still a lot more compared to other shops...oh well...buy already so mai hiam lah...

I saw that your bathroom is full glass...see-through eh... cool! I also wanted that design but then our bathroom faces the window means other ppl can see...boo! :bleah:

hi mmycheng, we agree that the stuff there is a little on the pricey side, but i believe on cost matching quality. I have been to POH JOO before, and trust me those things that are sold in PJ are no way comparable to those in Tapzgallery. true PJ may be cheap, but selection limited. I am also not saying that tapzgallery is the best, but the fact is my wife and i did not bother to go shop by shop to match and compare. the time wasted, petrol burned, parking summons and cost, and other what nots, is more or less the price difference. my ID brought us there, and got so called trade discount and these are the stuff we bought:

1) 1 common toilet sink and tap and stainless steel u pipe

2) 1 Mbr toilet sink and tap and stainless steel u pipe

3) 1 common toilet bath set (massage jet shower head)

4) 1 MBR toilet rain shower set

5) 2 water spray head and taps

6) 1 washing machine tap

7) 1 washing area tap valve

8) 1 kitchen sink

9) 1 kitchen sink tap( can extend and withdraw kind)

10) stove and hob (stove is turbo, hob is rinai)

11) 1 oven (turbo)

12) 2 toilet bowls

13) 1 30 litre water heater tank

I think all in 3.5k.

We feel since we have spent so much on the reno to create a theme, and at the end of the day pick toilet accessories that dont seem to match the design becos they are less costly, does not really make sense. we are not advocating that all forumers do the same, its entirely up to budget constraint (not that we dont have, we are just trying to be practical.) probably looking at the pics posted in here previously, i wud say tapzgallery is selling to a different niche group of customers. those that want nice nice designer looking stuff at a reasonable price. to be honest , i think they are even cheaper than sim siang choon.

Edited by bigkev

Dear all, its been a while since any photos were put up, reason being, the works and progress are really going at snail speed.... but hey we managed to take some latest photos to share.

MBR Toilet Wall tiles

cimg1730hf4.jpg

Balcony Wall tiles

cimg1728ah6.jpg

Edited by bigkev

more pix please...keke :)

hey, which is the MBR toilet?

the black & white or that brown???

cos both have the same title leh....keke :)

I really like your master bedroom concept. :good: Very nice!

Your balcony wall tiles really give the feeling of in a resort. :dribble:

How much you spend for your renovation? Do you mind to share or can pm me.

Will it be cheaper to have glass wall than hack and lay new tiles?

Dear Fellow Renotalkers,

We must admit the reno has finally completed.

Main Door Entrance - featuring shoe cabinet, bench and partition screen

cimg2075ut9.jpg

View of Dinning Area and Living Area from Main Entrance

cimg2076eo2.jpg

View of Living Area

cimg2077sj5.jpg

View of Dinning Area and Balcony

cimg2078cx1.jpg

View of Entrance to MBR and Display Shelf in Living Room

cimg2079tm5.jpg