Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bigkev

Modern Resort Theme Home

Good Day to all loyal patrons of Renotalk.com.

Having seen so many reno t-blogs being created, I am tempted to create one here to share my experiences and journey with all.

More pics and updates coming right up.... :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by bigkev

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Let us start the pics rolling:

(1) View of main entrance door and door way

cimg1302hi6.jpg

(2) Another view of the displays in the living room

cimg1303rq0.jpg

(3) Dining Room

cimg1296sk4.jpg

(4) A view of Dining Room and balcony

cimg1298fs5.jpg

(5) Kitchen

cimg1314eb4.jpg

These are the general and limited pics we took when we went for viewing back in January 2008. More details in the next post.

Edited by bigkev

Ok, the long and short of our house buying journey in chronological order:

1) 2006 - 2007

Took part in countless balloting for WIS and SERS. Qualified only for SERS for ulu ulu sembawang end.

But the queue number for us was 442/442 meaning last of the lot. Last one to get to choose a unit. So

decided against taking the flat.

2) July 2007

ROM. So now can also consider resale. Really wanted to have a place of our own as planning traditional

wedding for 2008.

3) 2007- 2008

Went for countless viewings did not manage to secure any. In the midst of it, being pushed around by

irresponsible agents with the aim of securing their fees, and not looking into providing a service. Agents

from Oran*e T*e especially. Did not agree to even those that we really like, for eg. massionette and EA,

as during this period of time if you recall, the property prices are sky high. The cash above valuation the

sellers are asking are cut throat at 70k, 80k, displaying take it or leave it attitude. Lan lan suck thumb,

think we open bank meh. Start work only 2 years, where got so much spare cash, at most 20k only after

scrimming and saving.

4) Jan 2008

Viewed a flat in north part of singapore. Mid floor, 5I, near MRT, 20 yr old flat. Kind of like it when we

stepped into the flat. As the flat encompasses the old design, the whole house in squarish, which means

easier to design and decorate the house. Not bad, looking around further, we reckon this is not a bad

place after all. After some consideration, or dont know whether is it because we are too tired of looking

around even further houses or is it we really liked what we saw, WE AGREED ON THE SPOT TO BUY THE

HOUSE. As i think the price involve is of a rather sensitive nature, lets just say the price was pretty ok

for a 5I near MRT in the north side of Singapore. Our monthly CPF contribution is more than sufficient to

cover the monthly installment.

5) May 2008

The keys were handed over to us. But to back track a little, we started sourcing for IDs and contractors

for our place. We went to countless ID firms, exhibitions in EXPO, then so happen I chance upon renotalk,

that I thanked my lucky stars. Here is really a one stop info counter on whats good and bad, and whos in

and whos out in this industry. Its always best to get the real info from the horses mouth.

My edited floor plan which incorporates our intial design layout of the house

floorplaneditcv4.png

Edited by bigkev

Well, I should say I did secure an ID way back in March, even before the keys were handed over to us. They are I-deal House. No i did not get their ang pai designers steven and cant remember their other names. I got their supporting crew instead. I was thinking out loud, can i trust the supporting crew??? But of course what matters the most then was, Ideal house was in GST registration transition. Meaning dun have to pay additional GST. That itself can save up a lot of money, rather than give it to govt. Of course other considerations went into place, like whether they can come out with wat we want and such, their service attitude and most importantly price!!!! To be honest, the reason why i signed up with them, its because they even took the trouble to bring me on site to houses that they are currently in the midst of renovating and those that have completed their renovation. It really shows that they have nothing to hide about their teams skills and experience. I was impress with what I have seen, a total of 3 units. I shant disclose the supporting crews name just yet, because the renovation has just started only.......so far i think nothing much to complain about, but more updates tmr....yawnssss.

Edited by bigkev

Day 2 - Day 4

Living Room

cimg1540lz4.jpg

Second Bedroom

cimg1552eg0.jpg

MBR Toilet

cimg1585tm8.jpg

Second and Third Bedrooms

cimg1586nh7.jpg

Store room in Kitchen being hacked. To be converted to washing room

cimg1589qk3.jpg