Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Redang

Our Love Sanctuary @ Strathmore Avenue Aka Forfar Heights

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
nice kitchen. i boycott mayer...got a lousy ariston washing machine 2 yrs back...and after sale service is very poor.

Shoot! I pray that the oven is fine and lasts till we can afford to reno again or least move!

In my excitement I forgot to take our dining room lights

Got this from one of the members of renotalk - tt is this model with Swarovski Crystals but will be in black to match the string curtains.

lights5-1.jpg

Anyone knows where to get a good, close replica of the Castiglioni Arco Lamp at a cheap price?

Is your ceiling dark Grey? this is the bold factor that makes it cozy. Just note having ceiling grey and floor dark tone in large surface with limited ceiling ht in HDB might make the ht looks low.

In addiction the whole place might looks dark, rendered picture may appear brighter. Confirm this with your ID.

Hello, Kenneth is doing my house now too :)

You already decided on the 2 tone flooring and have started work already right? Cos i think it's going to be dark and you should just choose either the dark ceiling or dark tiles...

I have some black ceiling like yours too and I love it :P

Wah... ur kitchen very slick! :P

Hi Angel81, thanks for your comments - hopefully it will also be a very functional kitchen. I think we will entertain friends :drunk: and family so it is very important for me!

Is your ceiling dark Grey? this is the bold factor that makes it cozy. Just note having ceiling grey and floor dark tone in large surface with limited ceiling ht in HDB might make the ht looks low.

In addiction the whole place might looks dark, rendered picture may appear brighter. Confirm this with your ID.

Hi 77suns,

Yeah we did think about it - I have been worrying and fretting about it for the last 4 weeks, but my ID is confident so I'm going to try to trust him. Fingers crossed! I think our dining light will give it a nice lighting effect so maybe it will go well.

Hello, Kenneth is doing my house now too :)

You already decided on the 2 tone flooring and have started work already right? Cos i think it's going to be dark and you should just choose either the dark ceiling or dark tiles...

I have some black ceiling like yours too and I love it :P

Hi Valerie,

Haha, actually, I have seen some of your renderings before we signed with Kenneth.

Very nicely designed - monochrome we like your 'colour' scheme!

Ya, its darker than what me and WTB likes, but we pray that it goes well. Else I will sure :bangwall: !!!

Very very worried now that so many people are saying its too dark. :unsure: Strange because my parents who are quite old fashioned didn't say that when we showed them the perspective! Jialat!

This city modern concept trend uses fabric feel(wall paper/veneer - can be fashionable type too) and usually couple with high reflective surface such as mirror to create a contrast of hard and soft. (hmm maybe i should post a subject talking about current trend in HDB???)

Suggest you put in some mirror/high reflective surface in your dining room wall as there are lots of black, not so strong lighting from window, so there can be more reflection of light to be brighter and create a stronger contrast interest here. :paint:

Edited by 77suns

This city modern concept trend uses fabric feel(wall paper/veneer - can be fashionable type too) and usually couple with high reflective surface such as mirror to create a contrast of hard and soft. (hmm maybe i should post a subject talking about current trend in HDB???)

Suggest you put in some mirror/high reflective surface in your dining room wall as there are lots of black, not so strong lighting from window, so there can be more reflection of light to be brighter and create a stronger contrast interest here. :paint:

Hi 77suns, we haven't used any wallpaper in the living area but will be using it in the bedroom for a 'glam chic' look.

Was thinking of putting a dark mirror (will it make it darker?) :unsure: in the living but my ID says there is too much details already. Was also considering making a 'white settee' in the living area to brighten it up - not sure at this point. Else we might use a white lacquered dining table set to draw the focal point there. :dunno:

Running of air conditioning trunking work complete and ceiling work starts today!

Yippee! Now starting on carpentary and waiting for all deliveries this Saturday:dancingqueen:

Can't wait for the house to be ready! Only thing is I'm bleeding :deal: money so quickly.

Running of air conditioning trunking work complete and ceiling work starts today!

Yippee! Now starting on carpentary and waiting for all deliveries this Saturday:dancingqueen:

Can't wait for the house to be ready! Only thing is I'm bleeding :deal: money so quickly.

wow. urs is really fast. my aircon n ceiling done dunno how long liao. now still waitin for carpentary work to come in. my iD mentioned they'll be in today. but i'll check them out on sat =)

Hi 77suns, we haven't used any wallpaper in the living area but will be using it in the bedroom for a 'glam chic' look.

Was thinking of putting a dark mirror (will it make it darker?) :unsure: in the living but my ID says there is too much details already. Was also considering making a 'white settee' in the living area to brighten it up - not sure at this point. Else we might use a white lacquered dining table set to draw the focal point there. :dunno:

As long the table is not black again it is ok, you got lots of choice. 'white settee' or any color is ok since it is not on black floor. Are those vertical strip painted then?

Some pictures from our deliveries and current progress :yamseng: :

Bellari tap

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

Bellari professional sink's colander

IMG_0076.jpg

Bellari 700mm professional sink

IMG_0078.jpg

Ariston oven

IMG_0080.jpg

Work in progress - eagerly waiting for completion :notti:

Work in progress