- gplan (kelvin)

- inzen (roy)

- baroque

- renozone (colin)

- ideal house

only receive back 4 quotes

- renozone

- inzen (nv quote based on my request)

- baroque (too costly, 60k while others are ard 45-48k)

- ideal house (not so clickable with id)

finally settle for renozone after meetin up with both ideal house n renozone.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hahah mm I... well

Ho Bee

Zhi Seng

Gplan

Tau's

Cissern

LGH

Arise

Unimax

Extract

Chew Interior

& a couple more I faxed and don't rem.

lol *hijacked people's thread*

Sorry for the wait (we have been working, I've been travelling for work, managing the reno and wedding preparation and its been hectic to say the least).

Anyways, here's the rendering for the living room. Was hoping to get some feedback and comments on the 2-tone flooring? :unsure:

Frankly, I'm a little worried but I'm throwing caution to the wind since its different from anything I've seen so far and I have a lot of faith in Mr K. The design is a little different from the original monochrome - black and white' concept that we wanted but it looks very cosy in a strange way.

We went tile hunting with Mr K last week and the renovators have also started work since Tuesday - hacking off part of the wall of master bedroom and bedroom 2 as well as bathroom tiles, and starting on the plastering in the kitchen. Pictures to come soon!

Things are looking ontrack so far so hopefully our love sanctuary should be ready by Chinese New Year! :sport-smiley-004::rolleyes:

tv_ken_sm49_b2.jpg

tv_ken_sm49_b.jpg

mmm nice! some of the browns prolly gave it its cosiness ba :) looking forward to more pics!

erms.. but 2 tone still look wierd to me. i would consider going for full black. :notti:

wat's tat at ur dining area? string curtains? or water feature? :unsure:

but everything else, like the wall colors, etc, looks fantastic.

erms.. but 2 tone still look wierd to me. i would consider going for full black. :notti:

wat's tat at ur dining area? string curtains? or water feature? :unsure:

but everything else, like the wall colors, etc, looks fantastic.

Thanks, mwerks, I'm a little unsure about the two-tone floor, but I'm prepared to take a risk. I prefer a nice polished floor but since Mr K is quite well known as a designer I will give it a shot - hopefully it turns out well.

Yes, we have a string curtain in the living room.

Share more comments! More photos shortly.

I think a 2 tone floor is ok to divide the space but that's good if you have a pretty big area ba. if smaller then will prolly make the place look smaller? ;)

I find the 2-tone interesting... it visually elongates the living room and uses the tiles to separate the spaces... it's a cool idea if you ask me... I would even go as far as choosing two floor tiles with very different textures...one smooth and one rough to make it look even funkier! Hee :notti:

My only concern is whether the ceiling colour can be almost like the floor tile colour... you will need both to be coordinated in order to achieve the effect shown in your drawings...so I would probably check out both tiles and paint colour at the same time to make sure :)

Edited by mmycheng

Thanks, mwerks, I'm a little unsure about the two-tone floor, but I'm prepared to take a risk. I prefer a nice polished floor but since Mr K is quite well known as a designer I will give it a shot - hopefully it turns out well.

Yes, we have a string curtain in the living room.

Share more comments! More photos shortly.

haha. it's good to have faith in ur ID. but for me still pretty hard to accept having 2 tones, esp in say de living area. hehe. but nvm la. u happy more impt =)

I find the 2-tone interesting... it visually elongates the living room and uses the tiles to separate the spaces... it's a cool idea if you ask me... I would even go as far as choosing two floor tiles with very different textures...one smooth and one rough to make it look even funkier! Hee :notti:

My only concern is whether the ceiling colour can be almost like the floor tile colour... you will need both to be coordinated in order to achieve the effect shown in your drawings...so I would probably check out both tiles and paint colour at the same time to make sure :)

Hi mmmycheng,

Yes, the floor tiles is different - one is smooth and reflective, the other is textured, non-reflective and has a rustic feel, with some browns which should fit the floor.

I think design wise it does push the envelope - so fingers crossed.

Yesterday, my WTB and I went down to inspect - all looks really good.

We were really amazed as tiling is almost 95% done including the kitchen and bathrooms! Unfortunately it was pitch dark and no photos were clear enough. Will try again tomorrow morning!

So excited! :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-018:

Now we need to hunt for aircon, kitchen hob, hood, oven and lights. Recommendations for places to hunt for good prices will be appreciated!!!

Hi mmmycheng,

Yes, the floor tiles is different - one is smooth and reflective, the other is textured, non-reflective and has a rustic feel, with some browns which should fit the floor.

I think design wise it does push the envelope - so fingers crossed.

Yesterday, my WTB and I went down to inspect - all looks really good.

We were really amazed as tiling is almost 95% done including the kitchen and bathrooms! Unfortunately it was pitch dark and no photos were clear enough. Will try again tomorrow morning!

So excited! :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-018:

Now we need to hunt for aircon, kitchen hob, hood, oven and lights. Recommendations for places to hunt for good prices will be appreciated!!!

The 2 tone flooring looks nice..too bad my ID nv suggest that to me if not i might consider hahahaha...

for aircon prices mayb u can check out gain city ..their before and after sales services is good :)

The 2 tone flooring looks nice..too bad my ID nv suggest that to me if not i might consider hahahaha...

for aircon prices mayb u can check out gain city ..their before and after sales services is good :)

Hi Bubble-ling, hopefully it will turn out nicely! Ok, I will check our Gain City as recommended. Any more recommendations will be great!

Bought lots over the last fortnight - these are electronics we bought. :sport-smiley-004:

Television

Samsung 46" 8 series LCD TV

LA-46A850

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/detail/...age1_serise8lcd

Bought from: Audio House

Samsung8Series.gif

Refrigerator

Samsung 510L side-by-side refrigerator

RS20NRHS

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/detail/...d=RS20NRHS5/XSS

Bought from: Audio House

SamsungFridge.gif

Washing Machine

Samsung 9 Kg Washing machine

WA11VP

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/detail/...d=WA11VPYIC/XSP

Free from: Audio House

DVD Player

Samsung DVD player

DVD-F1080P8

Free from: Audio House

We also just bought a number of items for our kitchen last week:

Sink

700" Bellari Professional Sink

with Colander

Bought from Bellari

http://www.bellari.net/sinkmain.htm

Oven

Ariston Catalytic Self-Cleaning Oven FZ62C1IX

FZ62C1_IX.jpg

Bought from Mayer

http://www.mayer.com.sg/main.html

Hood

Turbo Incanto 90cm Slim Hood

ES6000-60/90

Bought from Best Denki

Hob

Turbo Incanto 3 Burner Glass Hob

703VTSC

Bought from Best Denki

Air Conditioner

Mitsubishi Starmex Inverter System 4

Bought from Gain City IMM

Also bought all lights from Licht Studio along Balestier Road - photos to follow

like the tv...latest series right? the infolive features looks very useful...cheers

Hey Richman - its not the latest now. Samsung launched the 9 Series with LED backlit TVs. But it was on sale recently at the Audio House sale so we got that and most of our electronics during the sale.

My favourite place has to be the kitchen :notti: - here's the rendering! :dancingqueen:

kit_ken_sm49_b1.jpg

A little worried about Turbo's glass hobs after seeing so many issues online on this forum :( but I'm taking a risk for now.