Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Redang

Our Love Sanctuary @ Strathmore Avenue Aka Forfar Heights

Hi fellow forummers

Sorry for the wait (due to rush for CNY, arranging for delivery + work) - but glad to announce that our renovation has been completed! :dancingqueen::sport-smiley-004:

On the whole, my wife and I are very satisfied and happy with the work and service provided by Kenneth and Ideal House team. :D:rolleyes::thumbs up:

The renovation experience was easy, fuss-free and very pleasant as Kenneth's team were professional and very experienced. Delivery and completion was also on time.

Their level of service, experience, and worksmanship has been nothing less than top class. Even after completion - very responsive to help touch up! As for design I let you guys decide - after all a picture says a thousand words. But my friends and family has been very impressed and complemented us about the look and feel of our new home - even my 100-over-year-old grandmother gave her seal of approval (which is tough considering that the house is mostly black and white)! :sport-smiley-018::good:

Kitchen

IMG_3504.jpg

Living Room

Veiled by string curtains

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3506.jpg

These are just teasers - expect full photos to come soon (but only after all the furnishing bits are in)!

Lastly, I will be providing ratings for all vendors and service providers in my last few posts on this thread so others who are planning or seeking their services know whom to look for! :):yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Redang,

Well done and congrats on your newly accomplished reno project. I agree with the rest...your kitchen ROCKS! The slanted lines made it very modern and contemporary. Cannot wait to see the result of your MBR wallpaper as we have also short-listed Glamour for our MBR wallpaper. Were you served by Goodrich or did you laise with your ID on it. I also think you had a great acomplishment on your crockery purchase. Neat and good buys I must say.

Many of your furnishing blends in quite well. Like your wifey, I am a fan of Louis Ghost and Victorian Ghost but the possible scratch marks put us off from buying :( sob sob. Only thing I have not subscribe to is... the arco light...which I thought dun quite belong. Hmmm. But I am sure it looks better in actual then in photo lah. hehehe. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I am green with envious of your 'concealing job'. Loved the idea you hide your heater on top of your bathroom and you conceal it. So nice. My fiance din allow me to conceal that in fear of some safety element. arggggggggggg

Keep us posted eh?

Hi all,

Thanks for so many of your compliments and well wishes!

haroldism, pinkpetter and angel81 I'm surprised that you would like the kitchen - I had imagine people will say the cabinets are wierd and wasteful of 'space'. Strangely my parents didn't say anything about it. :D

I think the sloping cabinets looks better than I thought it would turn out.

Thanks, applefreak, we used a lot of stainless steel (and grey/silver) items to tie the look together. Now looking for the finishing touches to complete the look and feel of the home.

Still looking for a broque-style bedside table lamp (maybe Kartell's Feruccio Laviani-designed Bourgie Lamp), a modern black and white abstract painting, a black and white abstract-styled carpet, study chairs, vases and small furnishing items, and maybe a chaise lounge chair.

Hi ilmare612,

Thanks for your huge compliment! I'm really surprised by the feedback regarding the sloping cabinets - we took a huge risk when we decided on it but guess I'm not complaining.

Regarding the Glamour wallpaper, its was organised by my ID. I still haven't put up photos as the mattress for the house and bedsheets etc are not up. But if you give me your e-mail ID i will send some to you so you can decide.

Crockery-wise I like to think we made really good purchases considering how cheap and yet how elegant and chic they look. Actually, we made more buys - with the bulk of them are from OEM wholesalers that actually supply to high end restaurants in Singapore and for European brands. I will put up some photos for fellow forummers to assess and buy them if you like them!

The Kartell version at $600 a chair due to its polycarbonate composition is scratch resistant so I think it is ok to buy (if google or go to Amara Sanctuary, the glass pavilion is all victoria ghost chairs and the number of people seated of them and still they are fine so see if you want to reconsider). You can consider buying the cheap copy from Lush, at $1XX per chair, cheap but they are made of normal plastic - buy and throw if you want.

The Arco Lamp is what I personally wanted - and my wife gracefully let me have it. I'm a huge fan of the lamp considering that is such a design classic, plus it ties into the stainless steel touch. I think without it the house will lack a classy feel that it provides, but I'm ok if you say it doesn't belong. :bleah:

The box-up, concealed water heater is great - if you and wife can come down, you will see two vent holes below to air the heater. Besides are you planning to on the heater 24/7? My ID has verified its completely safe so if you want to its up to you.

Last and not least, my wife and I would like to thank fellow forummers for sharing their tips, ideas, support and homes where we got a lot of inspiration for our home!

Hi, eh...dun take offence on the arco lamp hor. If u like it, u should have it. All house owners should take pride in all their work and designs and outsider's comments are only secondary. Like what we learnt thru our reno process...you can never please everyone lor. Even my fiance and I do have slight differences in preference when come to the house reno part, but we managed to settle for something in between. But I won most of it lah. hehehe :notti:

As for the Louis Ghost, eh...it's either the real thing or never. wahaha. I am a female lah. I know I wun feel good carrying a fake Louis Vuitton. wahaha. :P My friend owns 6 of the louis ghost and visible lines were seen in barely 6 months. Even the Kartell manager told us of that possibility leh. Nonetheless, we still took a risk to get the stone stool for our house as the effect of the pattern on the stone will make it less visible if scratched. Oh word of advice from my friends who own those chairs...guys/gals with button or zip on their pants/skirt are the worst culprits. His was scratch from a friend who wore a jeans with button on the bump. hahaha.

Prevention is better then cure lor.

You inviting us over to see huh? hehehe. I am at Strathmore almost every Friday for MJ with my friends lor. She stays at Blk 48.

Edited by ilmare612

wow the whole hse really looks great. i love your floating kitchen cabinets, the coffee table and esp the spring curtains. how much did that costs u, the total for curtains?

Pinklady,

All in all we paid $1,450 (inclusive of racks, beautiful tassle tiebacks, hooks) to Mr Chew. Highly recommended - service, worksmanship and quality of fabric is top notch.

Living Room:

Black string curtains

Off-white/cream organza day curtains

Bronze-brown night curtains

Bedroom 3:

Silver full window rollerblinds

Study:

Black full window rollerblinds

MBR:

Silver black string curtains for walk-in wardrobe

Dark Grey organza day curtains

Silver grey night curtains

Silver grey roman blinds

Our Ratings for Mr Chew:

Service: 4/5

Quality and worksmanship: 5/5

Price: 5/5

Turnaround: 5/5

Reliability: 4/5

We'll post pictures for you to look at the quality.

Bought furniture over the weekend! Yippee! :sport-smiley-018::rolleyes:

White Lacquer Table (with stainless steel legs)

IMG_0175.jpg

Hi can i know where you shop for this dining table. Look simple and nice ~

Bought lots over the last fortnight - these are electronics we bought. :sport-smiley-004:

Television

Samsung 46" 8 series LCD TV

LA-46A850

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/detail/...age1_serise8lcd

Bought from: Audio House

Samsung8Series.gif

Refrigerator

Samsung 510L side-by-side refrigerator

RS20NRHS

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/detail/...d=RS20NRHS5/XSS

Bought from: Audio House

SamsungFridge.gif

Washing Machine

Samsung 9 Kg Washing machine

WA11VP

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/detail/...d=WA11VPYIC/XSP

Free from: Audio House

DVD Player

Samsung DVD player

DVD-F1080P8

Free from: Audio House

hi how much u paid for the samsung fridge??? am looking to get the same model. courts selling $1299 with freebies i think.

thanx

Hi fellow forummers

Sorry for the wait (due to rush for CNY, arranging for delivery + work) - but glad to announce that our renovation has been completed! :dancingqueen::sport-smiley-004:

On the whole, my wife and I are very satisfied and happy with the work and service provided by Kenneth and Ideal House team. :D:rolleyes::thumbs up:

The renovation experience was easy, fuss-free and very pleasant as Kenneth's team were professional and very experienced. Delivery and completion was also on time.

Their level of service, experience, and worksmanship has been nothing less than top class. Even after completion - very responsive to help touch up! As for design I let you guys decide - after all a picture says a thousand words. But my friends and family has been very impressed and complemented us about the look and feel of our new home - even my 100-over-year-old grandmother gave her seal of approval (which is tough considering that the house is mostly black and white)! :sport-smiley-018::good:

Kitchen

IMG_3504.jpg

Living Room

Veiled by string curtains

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3506.jpg

These are just teasers - expect full photos to come soon (but only after all the furnishing bits are in)!

Lastly, I will be providing ratings for all vendors and service providers in my last few posts on this thread so others who are planning or seeking their services know whom to look for! :):yamseng:

Hi,

a nice kitchen you have... would like to check if there is any extra cost for the slanted kitchen cabinet ?

Pinklady,

All in all we paid $1,450 (inclusive of racks, beautiful tassle tiebacks, hooks) to Mr Chew. Highly recommended - service, worksmanship and quality of fabric is top notch.

Living Room:

Black string curtains

Off-white/cream organza day curtains

Bronze-brown night curtains

Bedroom 3:

Silver full window rollerblinds

Study:

Black full window rollerblinds

MBR:

Silver black string curtains for walk-in wardrobe

Dark Grey organza day curtains

Silver grey night curtains

Silver grey roman blinds

Our Ratings for Mr Chew:

Service: 4/5

Quality and worksmanship: 5/5

Price: 5/5

Turnaround: 5/5

Reliability: 4/5

We'll post pictures for you to look at the quality.

Hi,

Can PM the contact number of Mr Chew? I'm currently finding someone to do up the curtains for my home.

Thanks.

Cheers =)