Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Redang

Our Love Sanctuary @ Strathmore Avenue Aka Forfar Heights

So sad we can't be neighbors. We're at strathmore too, but LOW level :dunno: . Which level is yours? Which block?

Visit our blog for new updates: http://kfcsingapore.blogspot.com/

If you're looking for a cheap contractor, we can recommend our contractor to you. He's very nice, friendly and most importantly, we love the workmanship and feel very comfortable with them.

Else you can do your own research by meeting all recommended IDs and contractors that are recommended in this forum. Get some quotations and compare. Your feeling towards the IDs/contractors is also very important.

Can also contact me if you want to see our place. But reno is not done yet.

I can also give you a list of recommended IDs that I got from someone else in this forum. PM me if interested.

Native2: We at block 49 on 10th floor. I think here is one place that its completely ok to get low floors as the area is so quiet and windy! My mom's best friend's daughter lives at Block 50 so I can kachow you if you in! :P

PM me your list! Though I suspect my fiancee can tahan any more ID meetings and vetting quotes! I super kiasu and have already contacted 16 IDs :sport-smiley-003: (some of them highly rated on this forum).

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
got alot of experts here to help u

dun worry :dancingqueen:

this forum very helpful so can check out for the items and places u can buy from :deal:

Ya, I'm going to need all your help along the way! :good::D

1st tip....buy toilet accessories from chicken brand....thought it is very expensive...you will not regret it. I regret buying from Poh Joo, my toile accessories already rust!! So, remember that!

2nd tip....dont buy ceiling fan from pdf (jalan besar), might got sound after slightly more that 3 months, ask them to come as it is under waranty, but must pay for their transportation charges of $40!!!

Good LUCK!

Thanks for your tip, though I'm not sure where is chicken brand. :P

Chicken brand = So Chong..something like that...at plaza singapura (3rd level)...

Ya, I'm going to need all your help along the way! :good::D

Thanks for your tip, though I'm not sure where is chicken brand. :P

Native2: We at block 49 on 10th floor. I think here is one place that its completely ok to get low floors as the area is so quiet and windy! My mom's best friend's daughter lives at Block 50 so I can kachow you if you in! :P

PM me your list! Though I suspect my fiancee can tahan any more ID meetings and vetting quotes! I super kiasu and have already contacted 16 IDs :sport-smiley-003: (some of them highly rated on this forum).

Redang, PM-ed you already. But none of them is doing my renovation as I said I have very very tight budget. Mine is a contractor (to cut cut cut cost).

Woa ... you know some ppl at Blk50? We've visited quite a few of the residences here to ask for tips and recommendation. Which floor is hers?

Redang, PM-ed you already. But none of them is doing my renovation as I said I have very very tight budget. Mine is a contractor (to cut cut cut cost).

Woa ... you know some ppl at Blk50? We've visited quite a few of the residences here to ask for tips and recommendation. Which floor is hers?

Her's is on 28th floor but they did very minimal reno, only flooring, hacking of kitchen/living room wall and carpentary only.

Hi Redang,

WAH! u got v good stamina.. 16IDs.. we went around to the IDs in IMM last weekend, after talking to them, we are already X_X

No lah, just that some IDs didn't reply back (those that I visited during the exhibtion).

Must be too rich or don't want to do my business! :curse:

Others were really too greenhorn and propose wierd ideas like a walk-in closet blocking off the window (and I can imagine changing in front of my neighbours)! :drunk:

Super busy over the weekend over the house. So much to do! :bangwall:

Seeking everyone's experience and opinion - should we reveal our budget to renovators? And how much is a decent budget to renovate a 5-room, 110sqm flat (excluding furnishings)?

Please advise! :bow:

Anyone has removed the railings in the living and bedroom before? Is it legal?

Also, I'm still confused whether we should hack or overlay in our toilets (its pre-fabricated toilets) and some forummers have posted that tiles have fallen off before! :jawdrop:

Super super super busy month for me and my wifey so no time to update this blog.

Ok, we have now signed I-deal House (Mr K) as our ID after almost 3 months of hunting, and 21 IDs. A few came close but honestly we were impressed by his professionalism, even before we signed, calling the town council technical officer to enquire about the 'proper' way to hack and install new tiles for the pre-fabricated toilet! :good::good:

I will blog a little more about the IDs that I went through if that interests anyone!

Have shown us the first round of perspectives and we are now going into our second round. Hopefully we should be ready to go after the second round is ready!

Fingers crossed that the house will be ready by Chinese New Year though we are not really in a major rush as our wedding is in May.

So excited :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-018:

Only thing is my wallet is getting lighter by the day with all the things happening. :help:

Super busy over the weekend over the house. So much to do! :bangwall:

Seeking everyone's experience and opinion - should we reveal our budget to renovators? And how much is a decent budget to renovate a 5-room, 110sqm flat (excluding furnishings)?

Please advise! :bow:

Anyone has removed the railings in the living and bedroom before? Is it legal?

Also, I'm still confused whether we should hack or overlay in our toilets (its pre-fabricated toilets) and some forummers have posted that tiles have fallen off before! :jawdrop:

Hi Redang,

Congrats on getting your new place. :D It's a lovely location, my first home was at Bukit Merah and I still love the southern parts of Sg the best.

Anyway, just to share, my reno for 116sm flat cost me $37K and that's with a fair bit of carpentry. However, if you just wanna do the basic (i.e flooring, simple L-box or false ceiling for living rm, living rm tv feature wall, toilet vanity, kitchen cabinets and MBR tv feature wall), it should be no more than $20K I think.

As for the toilet tiles, I prefer to hack cos then you ensure that the new tiles are properly sealed to the walls and floor. Overlaying is more risky cos it depends on the wear and tear of the previously laid tiles and their workmanship. Nonetheless, people choose it because it's a lot cheaper. Perhaps you can consider it based on how long you think you will be staying in your house. The lifespan for toilet tiles usually 5+ years before wear and tear kicks in...

Hi Redang,

Congrats on getting your new place. :D It's a lovely location, my first home was at Bukit Merah and I still love the southern parts of Sg the best.

Anyway, just to share, my reno for 116sm flat cost me $37K and that's with a fair bit of carpentry. However, if you just wanna do the basic (i.e flooring, simple L-box or false ceiling for living rm, living rm tv feature wall, toilet vanity, kitchen cabinets and MBR tv feature wall), it should be no more than $20K I think.

As for the toilet tiles, I prefer to hack cos then you ensure that the new tiles are properly sealed to the walls and floor. Overlaying is more risky cos it depends on the wear and tear of the previously laid tiles and their workmanship. Nonetheless, people choose it because it's a lot cheaper. Perhaps you can consider it based on how long you think you will be staying in your house. The lifespan for toilet tiles usually 5+ years before wear and tear kicks in...

I agree with the hacking and overlaying thing. If the previous reno is about 5 years ago then maybe ok. If it's super duper long ago and I spot some defects elsewhere then I wun take the risk. Means the quality of reno maybe not so good. then better hack everything and start over. My two cents also

For those who are interested, companies that we have visited:

- Extract Living

- Creative Design Image

- Violet Interior

- Unimax Creative

- i-bridge Design

- Plush Living Design

- Rezt & Relax Interior

- Plus Interior Design

- De Shun

- Darwin Interior

- Fuse Concept

- Inzen Interior Design

- Plush Living Design

- IntraDesign

- Ideal House ID

- G'plan Design

- La Bonne Vie Design & Contracts

- SBC Design Renovation Central

- Earnest Interiors & Renovation

It was a tough decision, but we decided to go with Mr K. Lots more to do for the next few months!

I didn't bring back the perspective - will update you guys once revisions are done.