Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mrs-Ang

Can We Change Our Main Door Hdb Provided?

Hello guys, I am starting to do my house reno soon. I am not sure if we can change the main door and bedroom doors. Coz I have not seen any of my neighbours change their front door. I went up and down a few levels, no one change it. Please enlighten. Thanks!

I am staying at block 90 @ Tanglin Halt 40-storey block...

Edited by Mrs-Ang

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Our main door provided by hdb is very solid and is fire proof.

I heard that the main door are very expensive adn will be a waste if you intend to change the main door. But dont know whether it can be change or not.

The bedroom door, yeah, my neighbour change it.

Our main door provided by hdb is very solid and is fire proof.

I heard that the main door are very expensive adn will be a waste if you intend to change the main door. But dont know whether it can be change or not.

The bedroom door, yeah, my neighbour change it.

Thanks h4happy! Then I would want to know if we can do laminate over the main door. Do you happen to know where to get nice doors? Or I can ask my contractor to do laminate over doors... I fell in love with Formica wood veneer laminate, hopefully it can be done at an affordable price.

Yeah, your id/contractor should be able to help you this.

Thanks h4happy! Then I would want to know if we can do laminate over the main door. Do you happen to know where to get nice doors? Or I can ask my contractor to do laminate over doors... I fell in love with Formica wood veneer laminate, hopefully it can be done at an affordable price.

Hello guys, I am starting to do my house reno soon. I am not sure if we can change the main door and bedroom doors. Coz I have not seen any of my neighbours change their front door. I went up and down a few levels, no one change it. Please enlighten. Thanks!

Hi, great to know a tanglin halt neigbhour here. I am staying at blk 91.

I saw one of our neighbours who change or rather re-colour their door to full grey to match their interiors.

As such, you may discuss this possibility with your ID or contractor.

Have you start your reno? When are you shifting in?

I have seen some of the different main doors in Blk 91 and Blk 89, and I think most are modified from the original, using add-on laminate.

Hi, great to know a tanglin halt neigbhour here. I am staying at blk 91.

I saw one of our neighbours who change or rather re-colour their door to full grey to match their interiors.

As such, you may discuss this possibility with your ID or contractor.

Have you start your reno? When are you shifting in?

Nice meeting you SkySpectrum! :) We are starting our reno end of sept. We are in no hurry to move yet so dont have a definite date. Should be looking for an auspicious date. I am all excited to do up the place. I think I would talk to my contractor about the add-on laminate. It's more workable then changing the whole door. But from a brief discussion with him earlier, he told me that, the workmanship and material might add up to be the costs of getting new doors... So I am kinda torn in between. Somehow I feel the provided doors from HDB are really solid.

I have seen some of the different main doors in Blk 91 and Blk 89, and I think most are modified from the original, using add-on laminate.

Hi Jule, nice meeting you too. I will be considering add-on laminate then... Have to have a further discussion with my contractor. :) Oh ya, Jule and Skyspectrum, here's my reno blog http://www.mrs-ang.blogspot.com/

Feel free to drop by and leave comments. Not much at the moment, just interiors ideas and home stuff that I like.

Nice meeting you SkySpectrum! :) We are starting our reno end of sept. We are in no hurry to move yet so dont have a definite date. Should be looking for an auspicious date. I am all excited to do up the place. I think I would talk to my contractor about the add-on laminate. It's more workable then changing the whole door. But from a brief discussion with him earlier, he told me that, the workmanship and material might add up to be the costs of getting new doors... So I am kinda torn in between. Somehow I feel the provided doors from HDB are really solid.

Hi Jule, nice meeting you too. I will be considering add-on laminate then... Have to have a further discussion with my contractor. :) Oh ya, Jule and Skyspectrum, here's my reno blog http://www.mrs-ang.blogspot.com/

Feel free to drop by and leave comments. Not much at the moment, just interiors ideas and home stuff that I like.

If you can leave the main door untouched, then of cos its the best. But if you or your husband wants to change the colour due to design or colour matching issue, I would personally suggest lamination rather than changing the whole door. Trust me. HDB door is tested, guaranteed. Though the price may be the same as changing the whole door, who knows if they really change the whole door for u, or just lamely bring it back to factory, machine-scrub the top surface and then do some lamination for U? ANyway, just my thoughts. Final decision still lies on you .... but then, if you want to change the door handle, knob, key ...etc ... then of cos more worth while to change the whole door ... but you may want to source this separately yourself, using his as a comparsion.

Nice blog ... I believe your house will be very nice ... can submit for magazine or tv liao. Cheers. :yamseng:

Well I die-die have to change the main door...actually it's better to say I have to heck off 85% of the house - door and window + their frames, all tiles and fittings, even this huge storage beneath my EM stairs. The main door locked is damaged anyway, and looks like a rottweiler had been chewing at the edges.

Anyone who changed the main door and have contacts for the source?