Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icky

Hdb Sep 2008 Balloting Exercise

they may hav invite you as they are expecting some ppl might be dropping off later so you still get to "select" whatever it left at the nearer date, but of course if all the unit taken up before you den i dun think you will be call for, anyway Jan/Feb still at least 2month away which i believe you should keep you finger cross, get the resales instead which i am aiming now.

hope to get to select a flat.... :jawdrop:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey Richman,

I saw on the web that you staying around queensway area... I at tiong bahru there....

I will be getting keys nest thurs.. so excited. wana start reno 10 dec hopefuly.

this is what they stated for me...

You will receive a letter from us inviting you to select a flat in Jan/ Feb 2009. Detailed information on the flats available for booking will also be given to you nearer the selection date. However, if you have already booked a flat from HDB under any sales exercise or a DBSS flat, your application in the Balloting Exercise will be cancelled.

so do i stand ahance ?

sometimes i am confused in regards this statement..

This means you will surely get a chance to select... just that the selection date will be given to u closer the date.

Hi all.. for me, i've been balloting for yearS also..paid lots of $10s.. but nvr seem to have the luck. Its either queue number too far out or only left those 20 years old flat on 2nd floor.

So ended up buy from re-sale market lor... if i know the balloting of flats is so inefficient, i'll buy from re-sale earlier. Save the time.

To me, balloting is for someone who has got time to wait..

Hi all.. for me, i've been balloting for yearS also..paid lots of $10s.. but nvr seem to have the luck. Its either queue number too far out or only left those 20 years old flat on 2nd floor.

So ended up buy from re-sale market lor... if i know the balloting of flats is so inefficient, i'll buy from re-sale earlier. Save the time.

To me, balloting is for someone who has got time to wait..

Hey Richman,

I saw on the web that you staying around queensway area... I at tiong bahru there....

I will be getting keys nest thurs.. so excited. wana start reno 10 dec hopefuly.

Hi Carebear,

Which part of Tiong Bahru did you get? Very good area. Got free shuttle bus to PS..haha. Go CBD very near too, alot of buses too. But somestime you can see mentally unsound people here, today I saw one in Tiong Bahru plaza when I going down the escalator from kfc area to fairprice. Also watch out for this indian guy on wheel chair.... =(

Currently, I'm staying at Tiong Bahru too and is looking to move to queenstown area.

Hi Carebear,

Which part of Tiong Bahru did you get? Very good area. Got free shuttle bus to PS..haha. Go CBD very near too, alot of buses too. But somestime you can see mentally unsound people here, today I saw one in Tiong Bahru plaza when I going down the escalator from kfc area to fairprice. Also watch out for this indian guy on wheel chair.... =(

Currently, I'm staying at Tiong Bahru too and is looking to move to queenstown area.

I'm at Kim Tian road, just behind tiong bahru plaza. Those tall hdb, undergoing painting now coz 5years...so when shift in as good as new. Our valuation quite high but lucky lucky, owner very nice didnt ask for too much COV. also near hubby's parents so grant lor. Which part you stay?

Why want to shift out of Tiong bahru? Heehee... so how much COV u intend to ask for? Queenstown also not bad.location all quite central.

I'm at Kim Tian road, just behind tiong bahru plaza. Those tall hdb, undergoing painting now coz 5years...so when shift in as good as new. Our valuation quite high but lucky lucky, owner very nice didnt ask for too much COV. also near hubby's parents so grant lor. Which part you stay?

Why want to shift out of Tiong bahru? Heehee... so how much COV u intend to ask for? Queenstown also not bad.location all quite central.

Hi Carebear,

I believe must be the 11x kim tian flats. See them condorn off diff parts since last week. Should looks new after the paint. What your valuation? ard 660k for 5I? Which floor? and how much COV u pay? After the 40k grant, should be almost the same as new hdb flat prices. The pricing by hdb are quite crazy nowadays. Did u need to do much reno?

Hmmm....Queenstown and TB have their own advantage. The only reason for my family to favour queenstown is it is less crowded, more greenery and direct bus to Tanglin area =) Other things like convenient to malls, market, more buses choice, proximity to cbd etc....TB is better. =) Hope you enjoy your new home =)

Edited by richman

Hi Carebear,

I believe must be the 11x kim tian flats. See them condorn off diff parts since last week. Should looks new after the paint. What your valuation? ard 660k for 5I? Which floor? and how much COV u pay? After the 40k grant, should be almost the same as new hdb flat prices. The pricing by hdb are quite crazy nowadays. Did u need to do much reno?

Hmmm....Queenstown and TB have their own advantage. The only reason for my family to favour queenstown is it is less crowded, more greenery and direct bus to Tanglin area =) Other things like convenient to malls, market, more buses choice, proximity to cbd etc....TB is better. =) Hope you enjoy your new home =)

Ya, I am in 119 series, 26 floor.5I. My valuation is 650K, COV is 8K... so quite ok lah... that time actually peak time. that's why alot people discourage us that time, say why so silly, go buy during this time. But 8K was really fine, owner very nice couple too.. so also let them extend stay without asking for rental.

Ya, after 40K grant, its 610K. The house is move in condition but my problem is stove face toilet door, have to change whole kitchen. got to take out the partition of WIW, so make room bigger. Changing our MBR toilet to glass walls. Wana put ceiling fan so plummet light which are in the middle of the living room, have to change, in the end reno amount to 21K+, hubby say nevermind lah, plan to stay long term. lucky floor good condition, floor is marble for living and dining, parquet for room floors.

I have to agree queenstown quieter, TB abit noisy but haha... I like to live in bustling area... I like that area too.. we are food gourmet... put on alot of weight after we became a couple... We changed each other's life! which part of TB u stay now?

Ya, I am in 119 series, 26 floor.5I. My valuation is 650K, COV is 8K... so quite ok lah... that time actually peak time. that's why alot people discourage us that time, say why so silly, go buy during this time. But 8K was really fine, owner very nice couple too.. so also let them extend stay without asking for rental.

Ya, after 40K grant, its 610K. The house is move in condition but my problem is stove face toilet door, have to change whole kitchen. got to take out the partition of WIW, so make room bigger. Changing our MBR toilet to glass walls. Wana put ceiling fan so plummet light which are in the middle of the living room, have to change, in the end reno amount to 21K+, hubby say nevermind lah, plan to stay long term. lucky floor good condition, floor is marble for living and dining, parquet for room floors.

I have to agree queenstown quieter, TB abit noisy but haha... I like to live in bustling area... I like that area too.. we are food gourmet... put on alot of weight after we became a couple... We changed each other's life! which part of TB u stay now?

Well, what your friend say is true too. But if you need a place to stay, can't wait and can afford it, than just buy. :) In a turndown, HDB prices will still hold better than pte property. The worst downside possible for your unit is at most $110k paper loss. =) So you have sea view? If the reno is gd and move in condition, that it really a gd price to pay n save hassle of renovation. How long you allow them to extend? Than you not in a hurry to move in? =)

Stove face toilet door? Fengshui no good? Can still move it more to the side? I think it important to spend it once and for all and do the place up to both your likes. Your place should look very nice after the reno =) load some pic and share with us? =)

Actually my preference is Redhill cos my chldhood is there and my family like there too. Also have my fav Redhill mkt...hehe....But it an old man estates, units not very well designed etc. If you like bustling, why didn't u pick jalan membina? It nearer to mrt, tb plaza etc. and if you pick block like 19, it fully shelter from mrt and no worries even if it rain :) Where do you normally hunt for your food?..haha, TB mkt? Along pasir panjang, there a 24 hrs roti prata, not bad too....alot of good food in this area. Even TB plaza have more new food outlets like Aijsen etc.....Currently, I'm staying opposite you, along jalan bukit merah. =) Don't forget to share with me if you and your husband found more good food..hehe

Just to add, happy that both of you found each other and change each other life..but do exercise, burn off the extra calories from the good food and stay healthy...than you will be in each other life longer and happier. Cheers.

Edited by richman

Well, what your friend say is true too. But if you need a place to stay, can't wait and can afford it, than just buy. :) In a turndown, HDB prices will still hold better than pte property. The worst downside possible for your unit is at most $110k paper loss. =) So you have sea view? If the reno is gd and move in condition, that it really a gd price to pay n save hassle of renovation. How long you allow them to extend? Than you not in a hurry to move in? =)

Stove face toilet door? Fengshui no good? Can still move it more to the side? I think it important to spend it once and for all and do the place up to both your likes. Your place should look very nice after the reno =) load some pic and share with us? =)

Actually my preference is Redhill cos my chldhood is there and my family like there too. Also have my fav Redhill mkt...hehe....But it an old man estates, units not very well designed etc. If you like bustling, why didn't u pick jalan membina? It nearer to mrt, tb plaza etc. and if you pick block like 19, it fully shelter from mrt and no worries even if it rain :) Where do you normally hunt for your food?..haha, TB mkt? Along pasir panjang, there a 24 hrs roti prata, not bad too....alot of good food in this area. Even TB plaza have more new food outlets like Aijsen etc.....Currently, I'm staying opposite you, along jalan bukit merah. =) Don't forget to share with me if you and your husband found more good food..hehe

Just to add, happy that both of you found each other and change each other life..but do exercise, burn off the extra calories from the good food and stay healthy...than you will be in each other life longer and happier. Cheers.

ok... nice getting to know you... alot of good recomendations... I like this teochew porridge around bukit merah view. alot taxi uncle also go there, think cheap la... Also like to go ABC,TB mkt but still prefer the old TB mkt, haha... the stuffy one, ironically more cozy. eh actually the coffee shop just behind regency not bad. Sells quite good soya sauce chicken noodle. Membina there got coffee shop sells quite unique kind of western food.

I'll upload some before pictures, which you will find why we are so weird to do a reno when it is already very beautiful. I show all my ID, they told me that it is such a waste to reno, very nice already.. but we like it our style. haha.... yapyap... do it once an for all, or else later do very layche.

Oh ya, allow them to extend till 4th Dec.not really hurry coz we just ROM, now I staying at Hubby's place somewhere in town. Next year 6 June then customary.

Edited by CareBear

ok... nice getting to know you... alot of good recomendations... I like this teochew porridge around bukit merah view. alot taxi uncle also go there, think cheap la... Also like to go ABC,TB mkt but still prefer the old TB mkt, haha... the stuffy one, ironically more cozy. eh actually the coffee shop just behind regency not bad. Sells quite good soya sauce chicken noodle. Membina there got coffee shop sells quite unique kind of western food.

I'll upload some before pictures, which you will find why we are so weird to do a reno when it is already very beautiful. I show all my ID, they told me that it is such a waste to reno, very nice already.. but we like it our style. haha.... yapyap... do it once an for all, or else later do very layche.

Oh ya, allow them to extend till 4th Dec.not really hurry coz we just ROM, now I staying at Hubby's place somewhere in town. Next year 6 June then customary.

nice to know you too. the porridge at the mkt? ABC one of my parents fav place for bak kut teh in the 80s and 90s. yes,i like the old one too. but i find the new one more stuffy, it enclose in circle, to me the design is very bad. yeah, the coffee shop in between twin regency and central green condo side entrance? i like that too, was there 2 weeks back on a sat afternoon, it empty...haha....the 7-11 4D queue also very short, buy liao went there la kopi. didn't explore the membina western food, will look out next...cheers.

wait for your home pics...haha..upload when u free, must do it to your liking. but if u find the reno ok, than dun change, cos next yr, there could be alot of job cuts :(

oh...your hubby now stay with parents?....so nice....near where in town?.....ok...have a good week.

oh...your hubby now stay with parents?....so nice....near where in town?.....ok...have a good week.

My Hubby is school teacher so should be ok ba.... My hubby's parents stay near Killiney now in one of the condo. I thought won't get the 2km grant but lucky still within. I dun like condo, so much restrictions.

I'll create a t-blog soon. Yap I also like the porridge, oh by the way, my house face cityview, whole CBD area, balcony will be the relax and viewing area.

My Hubby is school teacher so should be ok ba.... My hubby's parents stay near Killiney now in one of the condo. I thought won't get the 2km grant but lucky still within. I dun like condo, so much restrictions.

I'll create a t-blog soon. Yap I also like the porridge, oh by the way, my house face cityview, whole CBD area, balcony will be the relax and viewing area.

Well, no job is ever safe, even for school teacher. :jawdrop: For last few yrs, I heard teacher pay quite good...easily 4k after 2 yrs with promotion :notti: so how abt you? your job safe? what u working as? :)

But if your husband parents is rich, than it ok la.. :notti: Killiney quite good area got ntuc etc. But I prefer the condos along tanglin road. More exclusive area :yamseng:

Great, I look forward to your t-blog. :notti::o wow, your view so gd, really envy man....but when more new high rise buildings comes up, will it block your cbd view? talking abt porridge, saw on a ch 8 tv variety on buffets, there a porridge buffet think at windsor hotel, less than $10 :sport-smiley-004: