Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HardGainer

Where To Buy Handle/knobs For Wardrobe?

I got mine at 50 Serangoon North Ave 4, #03-08 First Centre. My interior designer brought us there.

I got my furniture legs at this place too.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
This is exactly what happened to me too and it is that 'bespectacled' a$$hole again...! **** arrogant, cocky and CB man! To all here, please avoid this shop at all cost!! To him, I pui pui pui and hope his business skyrocket to....deep into the sea!! I am really pissed!!

Lol, that a$$hole is the boss. Always been this way.

Looking to change the ugly knobs/handles on my existing wardrobes. I saw Ikea has only a small limited selection. Any where else where I can get a wider selection? Thanks!

I got mine at 50 Serangoon North Ave 4, #03-08 First Centre. My interior designer brought us there.

Edited by Ms Wong

There are 2 that I know that contractors frequent to buy their hardwares..one is Shanghai Tong Lee at Jalan Sultan, which I highly recommend.

I bought most of my stuffs there...service is good ( was served by this man, Hoe ), fair and fixed price for all, whether contractor or homeowner, ...may also get further discount if you buy a lot.

I got a 5% off for my Blum drawer runners :)

The other place is Thye Seng at Sims Avenue...but be warned and proceed at your own risk. ...bad service, variable pricing ( contractors get better discount ), and not any cheaper than the above shop.

I had a bad experience there.....Heres what happened:

Overheard while waiting for my turn to be served, a contractor was lamenting to the male shopkeeper about how his client managed to get hold of the shop contractor’s pricing, and demanded from him to reduce his quotation. Apparently the shop gave it out thinking that the client was a contractor :rolleyes:

As this shop sells Hettich kitchen system , I wanted to enquire about the lift system for the top cabinet panels and price. Its was my turn, and the bespectacled man glanced towards me and ....

Man: Ya..what you want to ask?

I( pointing to the Hettich catalogue) : How much is this bi fold lift system?

Man: Whats the measurement?

I: Not sure..but roughly this size ( using my hands ).

Man: Don’t roughly, must give me the exact measurement and weight of door.

I studied the catalogue again and there were like at least 9 sizes listed… I paused deep in thought. After a while,

Man: .... we only carry this 2 ( pointing to the 2 largest sizes )

(I thought to myself.. was it so difficult to just quote me the prices for the 2 sizes ???)

I : Ok..how much for the bigger one?

Man: $130 plus, must add gst.

(Someone did mention in this forum that contractors or contractor look alike get better pricing)

I : Is this contractor’s price?

Man ( apparently agitated by this question ): You don’t bargain here…if you want to bargain you can go somewhere else. Why you want to waste time coming here…just ask your carpenter to come down and order la!

I (dumbfounded ): ???

I quickly settled for my stainless steel handles which the other lady had got ready for me. Went home and realized they charged me $6.50 instead of the $6.00, not inclusive of GST, when I earlier bought one to try out :furious:

Btw, I found out that Shanghai Tong Lee sells the same handle and cheaper too :bangwall: , luckily bought only 5 more pcs. I ended up buying all my handles from Shanghai.

This is exactly what happened to me too and it is that 'bespectacled' a$$hole again...! **** arrogant, cocky and CB man! To all here, please avoid this shop at all cost!! To him, I pui pui pui and hope his business skyrocket to....deep into the sea!! I am really pissed!!

Looking to change the ugly knobs/handles on my existing wardrobes. I saw Ikea has only a small limited selection. Any where else where I can get a wider selection? Thanks!

got all my stuffs from Equip Design. No regrets. having sale now.

There are 2 that I know that contractors frequent to buy their hardwares..one is Shanghai Tong Lee at Jalan Sultan, which I highly recommend.

I bought most of my stuffs there...service is good ( was served by this man, Hoe ), fair and fixed price for all, whether contractor or homeowner, ...may also get further discount if you buy a lot.

I got a 5% off for my Blum drawer runners :)

The other place is Thye Seng at Sims Avenue...but be warned and proceed at your own risk. ...bad service, variable pricing ( contractors get better discount ), and not any cheaper than the above shop.

I had a bad experience there.....Heres what happened:

Overheard while waiting for my turn to be served, a contractor was lamenting to the male shopkeeper about how his client managed to get hold of the shop contractor’s pricing, and demanded from him to reduce his quotation. Apparently the shop gave it out thinking that the client was a contractor :rolleyes:

As this shop sells Hettich kitchen system , I wanted to enquire about the lift system for the top cabinet panels and price. Its was my turn, and the bespectacled man glanced towards me and ....

Man: Ya..what you want to ask?

I( pointing to the Hettich catalogue) : How much is this bi fold lift system?

Man: Whats the measurement?

I: Not sure..but roughly this size ( using my hands ).

Man: Don’t roughly, must give me the exact measurement and weight of door.

I studied the catalogue again and there were like at least 9 sizes listed… I paused deep in thought. After a while,

Man: .... we only carry this 2 ( pointing to the 2 largest sizes )

(I thought to myself.. was it so difficult to just quote me the prices for the 2 sizes ???)

I : Ok..how much for the bigger one?

Man: $130 plus, must add gst.

(Someone did mention in this forum that contractors or contractor look alike get better pricing)

I : Is this contractor’s price?

Man ( apparently agitated by this question ): You don’t bargain here…if you want to bargain you can go somewhere else. Why you want to waste time coming here…just ask your carpenter to come down and order la!

I (dumbfounded ): ???

I quickly settled for my stainless steel handles which the other lady had got ready for me. Went home and realized they charged me $6.50 instead of the $6.00, not inclusive of GST, when I earlier bought one to try out :furious:

Btw, I found out that Shanghai Tong Lee sells the same handle and cheaper too :bangwall: , luckily bought only 5 more pcs. I ended up buying all my handles from Shanghai.

Edited by oogachaga

i bought them at shanghai tong lee shop, somewhere near lavendar. if im not wrong, opening hrs are mon-fri till 5pm, sat till 3pm.

vew this: www.seawalk.com - decorative - handles

U can get it at Kim men at AMK ind pk 2A

I have been to many shops, and I believe IKEA got the widest selection in 1 place. They are situated in the kitchen cabinet section?

If want fancy stuff, try Equip Design at Plaza Sing. If want aluminium stuff, try those shops selling aluminium bars.

Alternatively.. go tho hardware shops near furniture factories. But those are typically low end plastic stuff or chrome plated ones.

many hardware shops should have....