Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oogachaga

Impress21 Design And Build - My Home Makeover

wow, the greenery around your house is breathtaking! wish i can get a place like that one day. :o

can i ask how does the polyurethane paint feels on touch please? is it kinda like those sqeeky coating on the floors of car workshops. wondering if can use on my blacony too. as the painted ledge always felt very 'powdery' whenever i rest my arms on them while taking-5. :unsure:

btw, your projector is below your aircon? quite hazardous leaving such gear under it. i ever had a choked aircon pipe without realising it till the aircon suddenly waterfall right ontop my tv while i was sleeping. after that incident i try to keep my electical stuffs away from them.cos we can know aircon spoil when it's not cool etc but piping we might only know when it starts to waterfall. :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi oogachaga,

is your kitchen wall plaster smooth and no tiles ?

is it difficult to maintain ... as kitchen area is oil and fumes... any staining on the wall ?

did u use special wash n wear paint for the wall ?

Your house with the green scenery make me feel like your house is some sort of mountain top resort... :sport-smiley-004:

Sofa close up

P1030165.jpg

Hi oogachaga,

like your sofa a lot.. looking for similar one.. mind telling me the dimensions, where and how much you brought it? thanks a lot..

Hi s mario,

My sofa set is already 8 years old!...its an Italian designer brand ELAM bought from Interni ( closed shop already), for $7K including the 2 chairs, pouf and the cushion. I am happy with the quality, as the sofa still maintain its shape and looks good too for its age.

The sofa combined length is 2.8m long, 100cm deep. The L part is 150cm from back to front, and 106cm wide.

Cheers,

wow, the greenery around your house is breathtaking! wish i can get a place like that one day. :o

can i ask how does the polyurethane paint feels on touch please? is it kinda like those sqeeky coating on the floors of car workshops. wondering if can use on my blacony too. as the painted ledge always felt very 'powdery' whenever i rest my arms on them while taking-5. :unsure:

btw, your projector is below your aircon? quite hazardous leaving such gear under it. i ever had a choked aircon pipe without realising it till the aircon suddenly waterfall right ontop my tv while i was sleeping. after that incident i try to keep my electical stuffs away from them.cos we can know aircon spoil when it's not cool etc but piping we might only know when it starts to waterfall. :bangwall:

Hi DoubleJ,

I know exactly what you mean...even with the bay windows, sitting on them will get your pants or skirt "powdery". I believe the balcony you are referring to is similar to my yard ledge, I had difficulty wiping it clean previously...it gets dirtier and streaky the more you wipe, the dirt dont lift off easily from the emulsion paintwork.

The new paintwork looks and feels like glossy paint....I havent touched the floor of garages yet for comparison :rolleyes:

If you drag your fingertips across its surface, there is a squeaky sound, however if your wipe with a damp cloth, the dirt lifts off easily in just a swipe or two. In fact I just wiped it last week, the first time since I did the paint work which was months ago! :rolleyes:

I have rubbed turpentine to clean off dried paint drips, and it is unaffected and doesnt come off, still retaining its glossy surface!

It doesnt feel sticky or anything, and you wont be getting any more powdery residue, unless its dirty to begin with.

Yes..I have considered that, but unfortunately thats the best position to center my projector. The small opening/vent on top is just off the front of the airconditoner, so any drips would just flow off backwards hopefully.

In any case, I havent had a drip problem with my air conditioners considering they have been there for 8 years already, still working well, and serviced only once a year with an occasional top up of gas.

My plasma tv in my bedroom is also placed under the aircon :(...its either the tv or my bed ie my head getting dripped :unsure: ).

Hi oogachaga,

is your kitchen wall plaster smooth and no tiles ?

is it difficult to maintain ... as kitchen area is oil and fumes... any staining on the wall ?

did u use special wash n wear paint for the wall ?

Hi jailbird,

I have plastered my kitchen walls over the old existing tiles, the surface is smooth as you can see from my posted pics.

I dont see any stains so far, not forgetting that I cook only once a week, not much oily cooking like deep frying.

The paint I used is Nippon paint with Teflon for easy cleaning.

The stainless steel backing is a breeze to maintain as well, and I dont clean that often only like once in a few months esp at the sink area, when you get the water marks on the steel.

Cheers,

Your house with the green scenery make me feel like your house is some sort of mountain top resort... :sport-smiley-004:

Hi shkeat,

Thanks...I luv the environment there :)

Edited by oogachaga

Hi s mario,

My sofa set is already 8 years old!...its an Italian designer brand ELAM bought from Interni ( closed shop already), for $7K including the 2 chairs, pouf and the cushion. I am happy with the quality, as the sofa still maintain its shape and looks good too for its age.

The sofa combined length is 2.8m long, 100cm deep. The L part is 150cm from back to front, and 106cm wide.

Cheers,

wow 8 years old. :o .. cannot tell lei. really good sofa and good maintenance done to your sofa.. u know of anywhere to get similar sofa??

cheers...

wow 8 years old. :o .. cannot tell lei. really good sofa and good maintenance done to your sofa.. u know of anywhere to get similar sofa??

cheers...

Hi s mario,

Honestly, I dont do much maintenance on my sofa...an occasional vacuuming like once in 2 months, spot clean stains/spills, and wash the fabric like once a year :rolleyes: ....plus stains and age dont show up clearly with my choice of the grey fabric...very easy maintenance for lazy people like me.

Though I thought it was expensive then when I bought the set at the sale, on hindsight, it appears to be a good buy :D considering its quality.

During this economic gloom, there will be lots of sale and discounts being offered,..be patient and check out the sales, you should be able to snag some good buys, depending on your budget.

You should check the forum for recommendations and feedback...personally, I like stuffs from AIR, OM and other italian designer brands ( very ex but I buy only when on sale :rolleyes: )

Good luck

Edited by oogachaga

hi oogachaga,

i am planning to have LED track lights and LED strip on kitchen cabinets as well, may i know how you hide the power adapter of those LED strips in your kitchen?

Thanks

ur kitchen is SWEE de lor :paint:

Love ur sofa too :wub:

for me, sure no budget this sofa, 8 years ago or now

Very ex leh :P But really worth it!!

hi oogachaga,

i am planning to have LED track lights and LED strip on kitchen cabinets as well, may i know how you hide the power adapter of those LED strips in your kitchen?

Thanks

Hi xherion,

Great to hear.....the LED lights looks good, and will save you energy bills.

The adapter was hidden above in the false ceiling.

Cheers,

ur kitchen is SWEE de lor :paint:

Love ur sofa too :wub:

for me, sure no budget this sofa, 8 years ago or now

Very ex leh :P But really worth it!!

Thanks, rdnest :)

So far all my friends have positive comments on my home makeover especially the kitchen...I love it too :)

Actually not really that ex la...for an italian made designer label and its quality...in case anyone is mistaken, the $7K is for the whole set...2x armless chairs, 1x pouf chair, the L shaped sofa, 1x cushion and 1x fabric magazine holder.

P1030163.jpg

I figured the L shaped sofa should costs around $3K-$3.5K....besides, I already save money since I dont have to change the sofa for many more years to come...its still in great condition, really comfortable and its design timeless :)

Cheers

Edited by oogachaga

hi oogachaga,

Thanks for your info....

hmm hidden in false ceiling, that means you create another lighting point, and then connect the adapter to it, and so the switch can be on the wall as normal?

how do you hide the cable to the false ceiling?

sorry for the multiple questions, your blog has been very helpful.

Thanks!

hi oogachaga,

Thanks for your info....

hmm hidden in false ceiling, that means you create another lighting point, and then connect the adapter to it, and so the switch can be on the wall as normal?

how do you hide the cable to the false ceiling?

sorry for the multiple questions, your blog has been very helpful.

Thanks!

Hi xherion,

Glad to know my blog has been of help :)

Ok, its best to explain with pics :D

I used the existing lighting point for the kitchen PLC lights, which was controlled by a single gang switch originally. I had to change to a 2 gang switch in order to control the LED and PLC separately.

The new 2 gang switch and water heater switch

P1020864.jpg

As the wiring for the PLC lights are already laid above in the false ceiling, the electrician just took it from there using this lighting point to create control for PLC and LED lights with the new 2 gang switch. The adapter is placed above on the false ceiling ( no need to take up space in my cabinet )- I have 2 wires extended for the 2 LED strips, one on the left and the other the right of the top cabinets....

You can see the wiring going into the false ceiling at the top

P1020515.jpg

The other side ( wiring is the same like above - hidden from view )

P1020527.jpg

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Edited by oogachaga

ooh ok, so the wiring from the LED strip goes into hiding in the top cabinet and then out to the false ceiling??

hmm ok thanks that really helps!

wow your hse, is in which area? it looks so nice, esp the green green scenary. it feels like the Mt Faber feeling, when you look down, you can see all the beautiful nice lights and everything.