Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oogachaga

Impress21 Design And Build - My Home Makeover

The TV console did not come out as well as expected but lucky hubby still ok with that... maybe will divert the focus point of that area... :P

Ok...will check out your pics :D

Love that ceiling! Gorgeous! :dribble:

Do you have to pull the curtains everytime you want to watch tv? What about the windows at the top which there are no curtains for...will light entry there interfere with tv watching?

Ya, me too....it feels very spacious

Its a 100 inch screen image...and actually, the curtains are useless, ...they are just there to collect dust!

The images you see are taken, with the windows open and curtains at the side( hardly ever close them )...no need for total blackout....only the LED lights in the kitchen is turn on, for ambient lighting. :sport-smiley-018:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Ok...will check out your pics :D

Ya, me too....it feels very spacious

Its a 100 inch screen image...and actually, the curtains are useless, ...they are just there to collect dust!

The images you see are taken, with the windows open and curtains at the side( hardly ever close them )...no need for total blackout....only the LED lights in the kitchen is turn on, for ambient lighting. :sport-smiley-018:

Very nice to watch such a big screen... great to have day and night mood in one location..

Edited by Deepwhite

Love the white kitchen! Love the high ceiling! Love the awesome view! Love everything abt the house! Interior design can be replicated anywhere, but not the high ceiling and greenery view. This is definitely a rare gem!

Very nice to watch such a big screen... great to have day and night mood in one location..

Yes..its as good as watching in the cinema, but in the comfort of your home :)

Love the white kitchen! Love the high ceiling! Love the awesome view! Love everything abt the house! Interior design can be replicated anywhere, but not the high ceiling and greenery view. This is definitely a rare gem!

Wah! Thanks for the compliments :D

still can't get over your ceiling height :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

Thanks!

oogachaga- be bold color your ceiling! :paint:

I have had suggestions ranging from adding a level there to painting the ceiling ala the sistine chapel and others :P

like this or similar, or

Sistine_Chapel_ceiling_photo_2.jpg

Painted wrought ironworks

dome-ceiling-trompe-l-oeil-2.jpg

or clouds, which is very nice :dribble:

bedroom-decorating-ideas-14.jpg

dome-ceiling-mural.jpg

But ultimately, painting that ceiling is no easy feat, requires erecting a scaffolding, and costs..especially when you require an artist for the artwork.

I still like my interior walls clean and simple with safe, neutral colours ..white, off white , earth tones; not many can appreciate bold colours....besides, its more marketable when one decides to rent or sell, and as with all renovation works, the costs is irrecoverable.

:yamseng:

ceiling example are very unique :dribble: but i am thinking of using yellow ochre paint only he he.

Yellowochure.jpg

wait, it looks like honey color, like my peanut butter jug on my table! i must be very hungry now hmm ...

and at night if off hanging lights, it can look like below if you add light holder around

ceilinglights.jpg

Edited by 77suns

ceiling example are very unique :dribble: but i am thinking of using yellow ochre paint only he he.

Yellowochure.jpg

wait, it looks like honey color, like my peanut butter jug on my table! i must be very hungry now hmm ...

and at night if off hanging lights, it can look like below if you add light holder around

ceilinglights.jpg

oohh....very hip and cool shades :dribble:

and the night lighting looks great too :dribble:

would love to see the final result of your paint work...remember to post pics :yamseng:

This is a pleasant find which I forgot to post...concealed door bell :sport-smiley-018:

....no more ugly big box...

Wired and battery operated

P1030068.jpg

Closer view

P1030070.jpg

oops i did not do that on my house cos i don't have your ceiling, got those picture from web to show you. But i have seen some high ceiling done in that manner at Pasir Ris but their ceiling is flat though.

This is a pleasant find which I forgot to post...concealed door bell :sport-smiley-018:

Is the wiring outside the door concealed as well? I like mechanical wired doorbells as opposed to wireless ones.

Hi baldeagle,

Heres the pic of the exhaust vents behind...its activated when the hood is pulled out

Thanks for sharing your pic. I have a better picture of telescopic hoods now. Infact, I bought a 60cm one for my 2-burner induction hob.

I am making a white kitchen with white counter-top like yours. :notti: I noticed you have a stainless steel backing, which my ID is recommending. How do you find it? Mind PM me the cost of the stainless steel backing for comparison?

oops i did not do that on my house cos i don't have your ceiling, got those picture from web to show you. But i have seen some high ceiling done in that manner at Pasir Ris but their ceiling is flat though.

Thanks for sharing :)...its nice to see the options available for future projects :notti:

Is the wiring outside the door concealed as well? I like mechanical wired doorbells as opposed to wireless ones.

Thanks for sharing your pic. I have a better picture of telescopic hoods now. Infact, I bought a 60cm one for my 2-burner induction hob.

I am making a white kitchen with white counter-top like yours. :notti: I noticed you have a stainless steel backing, which my ID is recommending. How do you find it? Mind PM me the cost of the stainless steel backing for comparison?

Hi baldeagle,

I believe the wirings for the doorbell are concealed and done by the developer, as with all condos...the electrician just had to connect the doorbell and the press switch...no wires seen.

Great! A white kitchen is timeless :dancingqueen:

I was given a choice of tempered glass or stainless steel backing..both at the same price of $580...that is only for the long wall, needed to top up for the sink area as well....cant remember how much but its in my blog somewhere.

I decided to go for stainless steel because

a. can come in one big piece whereas the glass needs to be in 2 pieces, so got joint line...no no

b. sturdy and wont break unlike glass

c. clean, shiny and sleek look..goes well with white, and the chrome mixer and sink

d. easy maintenance

I was initially worried about the water marks ( from water splashes ) especially at the sink area....but surprisingly its not as bad as I thought. Maybe the 3M stainless steel cleaner I used helped :dunno: ..its a must have :thumbs up: Just a quick wipe will suffice...I think its more work to clean glass and mirrors.

Of course, you need to be careful of scratches though.

The white countertop also quite easy to maintain. ..in fact, fine dust and specks show more clearly on my black glass hobs than on the white solid surface. Otherwise, both are easy maintenance as well, just dust it and a damp wipe is enough.

Do share pics of your white kitchen when its done :sport-smiley-018:

WOW yours is the perfect ceiling for a chandelier like that!

Thanks for the collection of photographs for kitchens too! I'll see see that! :)

Hope the pics will help you in your reno ...look forward to your photos

:yamseng:

Edited by oogachaga

UPDATE

It has been almost a month since handover, and the last payment made to Henry. I have been trying to look for major faults, but so far so good...so decided to call Henry last week to rectify the remaining ones.

Within the week, he arranged for the carpenter to come down to handle the rectifications, even minor ones below :good: ....so there is good after sales service :thumbs up:

Works to be rectify:

1. Blum dampers to realign properly

2. Gas tubing to secure

3. Touch paint at corner near dishwasher

4. Shower bar loose

5. Towel bar loose

BEFORE BLUM damper crooked

P1030216.jpg

AFTER Aligned

P1030331.jpg

P1030332.jpg

BEFORE Gas tubing hanging

P1030188.jpg

AFTER Gas tubing secured ... so tall items wont get caught by the tubing

P1030333.jpg

I thought the plumber had to come in as well, but Henry said no need, can ask the carpenter to help out....wah, good teamwork and also save manpower :sport-smiley-004:

My towel bar was drooping...turns out the plastic stud in the wall was coming loose, just replaced a new one.

One of the shower bar was wobbly....he removed the bar, tightened the screws and all is well.

Otherwise, everything else seems alright....... for now.

to be cont -- my budget (cheapo ) solution for bay windows --- :rolleyes: