Shopping for switches:

At Choo Chiang

Legrand Mallia vs Clipsal C-Vivace

P1020246.jpg

Front view

P1020242.jpg

Profile view

P1020243.jpg

In the end I decided to go for Clipsal as it goes with my decor...somehow the Mallia doesnt look that sleek or streamlined, but I chose legrand dimmer as its nicer and has switch and dimmer control together...was also was contemplating the Clipsal E3000 series with LED, but price a bit exorbitant..below are some of the prices for reference (not inc of GST yet) :)

Switch-1.jpg

Note:

1. LG mallia silver colour more expensive

2. LG Mallia comes LED ready , so to add LED lights, you need to customise and, add $2.30 for green led, or $2.80 for red colour

3. Clipsal E3000 is more expensive for the white ones

Edited by oogachaga

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

DAY 43 cont

Next, my under cabinet LED lighting :dancingqueen::sport-smiley-018:

--Expensive :( costs about $137 for the LED and adapter

--Advantages: Safe as no heat produced, durable, long life span of 100,000 hours..no need to change bulbs anymore, bright, and energy efficient - less than 5W! I think its quite worth it in the long run, and nicer too :)

Photos taken without flash

LED off

P1020728.jpg

LED on -- bright enough, so can save by not turning on the PLCs liao unless needed

P1020729.jpg

What the LED looks like

P1020714.jpg

DAY 43 cont

Plumbing:

--to reinstall the 2 basins which were not level

--install rest of WCs and basin

--install bath room accessories

--install kitchen mixer tap

--install dishwasher, and plumbing for under sink

-install Welmi kitchen rod

Yard toilet basin rectified and levelled :thumbs up:

P1020829.jpg

Dishwasher and mixer tap (covered ) installed. The dishwasher was problematic, and had to be shifted in and out many times as the pipes were in the way and prevented the dishwasher from going further into the cavity. It was a tight and difficult corner to work as well, and had to prevent the washer from being damaged all these while. :thumbs up:

Welmi kitchen rod - had to do it 3 times to get it right as I didnt like the position :rolleyes: ( you can see the patched wall near the support plug )

P1020739.jpg

:thumbs up: Must comment that their work attitude is very good :good: ..very accomodating, and smiley even though you know they are quite tired :paisay:

Carpenter was there to do finishing touches

DAY 43 cont

Next, my under cabinet LED lighting :dancingqueen::sport-smiley-018:

--Expensive :( costs about $137 for the LED and adapter

--Advantages: Safe as no heat produced, durable, long life span of 100,000 hours..no need to change bulbs anymore, bright, and energy efficient - less than 5W! I think its quite worth it in the long run, and nicer too :)

Hihi, my place is currently renovated by Henry as well... btw, where do you get the LED lights from?

Hihi, my place is currently renovated by Henry as well... btw, where do you get the LED lights from?

Hi Deepwhite,

How is your renovation going so far? :)

I got my LED lights from this shop Continental Electronic Enterprise located at basement corner of Sim Lim Tower. You can google for the address.

Its the cheapest I could find there...a variety of LED lights and colours, and comes with double sided tape, so can peel and stick on. They do wiring for you as well included in the price..but got 7% GST ), I didnt go for the normal adapter that plugs to the wall socket, but got another type( a small box ) thats hidden up in the false ceiling, and got the electrician to lay the wirings and connect to the wall switch.

:yamseng:

Edited by oogachaga

DAY 44

Works:

--Installation of PD door

--Mirror measurement

Though I wouldnt mind letting Henry take care of the bifold doors, marble polishing and mirror at dining area, given that he has provided good work and services so far, but the quotation he gave me wasnt exactly that competitive as the ones I managed to get...if it was only tens of dollars of savings, I would have given the job to him to save me the hassle.

He didnt mind at all when I eventually decided to engage my own contractors for the job at a better price :)

In the end, I decided to go for PD doors as it looks sleeker, and slimmer in profile, no bottom track, and can swing all the way out 180 degrees.

PD doors are ready for installation after the painting work yesterday. Measurements were taken 1 week ago.

Common toilet

Drilling

P1020743.jpg

Siliconing

P1020746.jpg

Completed

P1020737.jpg

Kitchen Back Entrance

P1020849.jpg

Yard toilet -- a bit of a headache here as to where the door should swing, could have chose for it to swing out into the yard, but the wind would blow it shut, and the other side, it would protrude out.

P1020820.jpg

Mirror measurement was done later that day..will take another 1-2 weeks to be ready.

Next, acid washing and general cleaning will be done before handing over :dancingqueen:

DAY 50

Works:

--Grind and polish marble flooring and in master bathroom, floor and walls

--Installation of stainless steel backing at sink area

Finally, the cardboard flooring protection has been removed, and general cleaning done for the entire house...looks so much better without the mess :dancingqueen:

However, still feels so dusty and dirty. The white tiles and grouting seems to dirty so easily...just walking around already "blackened" the floor :dunno:

I engaged Jin's Brother as its their specialty, they claim to use premium grade Italian diamond powder which gives a better and finer finish. There are cheaper ones using China powder though.

They came at 9am and took the whole day to complete.

Before - living and dining area marble dull and scratched

P1020963.jpg

P1020980.jpg

Before - master bathroom

P1020967.jpg

P1020966.jpg

P1020968.jpg

DAY 50 cont

The polishing process- it's was a wet wet situation

P1020965.jpg

P1020986.jpg

Now after the polishing, the marble is now shiny and new.

AFTER - living and dining area

P1020990.jpg

P1020989.jpg

DAY 50 cont

AFTER - master bathroom, walls and floor shine restored :) Job well done :good:

P1030010.jpg

P1030009.jpg

I decided to add a stainless steel backing at the sink area. Initially contemplated a tempered glass one, but decided against it.

Applying adhesive on the backing

P1020974.jpg

Sticking it to the wall

P1020975.jpg

Pressing in the backing, and then siliconing the edges

P1020976.jpg

DAY 50 cont

Now that the kitchen and yard floors are exposed :notti:

Yard floor

P1020793.jpg

Close up shot

P1020794.jpg

Kitchen floor -- alamak so dirty already the grouting :dunno:

P1030031.jpg

Closeup shot

P1030030.jpg

Another closeup shot - got hair and debris

P1030033-1.jpg

DAY 50 cont

The kitchen finally :dancingqueen: ...though still not complete without the hobs, and not cleaned up yet

Kitchen before

aKitchen1a.jpg

Kitchen AFTER

P1030028.jpg

Sink area -- bigger food prep area on right :)

P1030027.jpg

P1030023.jpg

P1030029.jpg

wow. de marble look brand new now

Yes..very happy with the shine :dancingqueen:

Hope I can maintain it...the contractor says to use Terracare to mop the floor

Looks great! Can move in very soon liao ;-)

I noticed u changed the window from green to white in the kitchen. Are u doing so for the rest of the house? Is this very costly?

Looks great! Can move in very soon liao ;-)

I noticed u changed the window from green to white in the kitchen. Are u doing so for the rest of the house? Is this very costly?

Hi raejan13,

Thanks! Moved in liao...but its still messy and dusty, and a lot of work to do still...unpacking and organising the stuffs... just dumped all the crockeries and kitchen stuffs into the kitchen cabinet to clear away the boxes on the floor!

I just painted the inner frame white, the outside is still green, too lazy to bother with the rest,...save money ma , mine is only a budget makeover :)