Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oogachaga

Impress21 Design And Build - My Home Makeover

The high ceiling is really obvious fr the pictures sia.

So shiok to have such a high ceiling...9m!!!!! I thot it's usu for loft units or penthouse only. Do u intend to hang nice chandelier...

This is an awesome unit...and really hard to come by..how long did you take to find this dream home?

Hi,

I dont know what they call it...could be a loft , whatever :dunno: not penthouse la.

It took quite a while...almost like shopping for contractors :P

Yes..I will be updating soon...been quite busy

wah. shuld be private property. u ask them do alot of mirror? wonder how much will dey charge if i do a 1mX2.6m mirror.

Ya..condo. No..only the dining area....had to compare prices ma. you can check with them for quotation.

You can try How Yan Glass Mirror Merchant ( reasonable quotation ), or Mirror made for U for price comparisons..std 6mm plywood and 5mm mirror glass.

Had a peek at your toilets...looks great with those fancy tiles...looking forward to the completed project...didnt have time to go through yet but will soon :yamseng:

I had open the blog as well to talk about the progress. All the wet work is done up very well but the plumber and electrician job is not so well done. Quiet shock that the electrician will not seal up the trunking gap... after talking to Henry, he mentioned that they will help us to seal the gap for the living room only... Job not done nicely.. :furious:

Hi,

Great!

You can ask Henry for advice...He got his carpenters to help me silicone the doors, which was peeling off already, and also touched up on the stainless steel backing...no problem lei.

Perhaps you can post pics of the problems as to understand the extent of the situation better and get advice.

Will check out your blog :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi,

how much does your full height mirror cost?

i was thinking of doing 1 for my hse,....cos whenever after dressed-up and get ready to go out,.....i always have a habit of looking into a mirror to make sure i look nice b4 go out,....den in my previous hse, i hv the full-height mirror.....but now in my new hse, dun hv lor....need to install.

Ya..condo. No..only the dining area....had to compare prices ma. you can check with them for quotation.

You can try How Yan Glass Mirror Merchant ( reasonable quotation ), or Mirror made for U for price comparisons..std 6mm plywood and 5mm mirror glass.

Had a peek at your toilets...looks great with those fancy tiles...looking forward to the completed project...didnt have time to go through yet but will soon :yamseng:

thanx for the contact! hehe. ur hm is coming along nicely too :dancingqueen:

oh, i love ur kitchen.

stainless steel n white is best match.

by the way, how much is ur hood and what brand is it?

thanks. :yamseng:

hi,

how much does your full height mirror cost?

i was thinking of doing 1 for my hse,....cos whenever after dressed-up and get ready to go out,.....i always have a habit of looking into a mirror to make sure i look nice b4 go out,....den in my previous hse, i hv the full-height mirror.....but now in my new hse, dun hv lor....need to install.

Hi, my mirrors cost me $850...yes, I do that too, last minute check before I am out the door :D

Love ur revamped kitchen...very nice :)

Thanks...I love it too :yamseng:

thanx for the contact! hehe. ur hm is coming along nicely too :dancingqueen:

oh, i love ur kitchen.

stainless steel n white is best match.

by the way, how much is ur hood and what brand is it?

thanks. :yamseng:

My hood is from EF...9401....its the telescopic one, paid $195. Its tucked in when not in use...neater, and just pull out when you need; plus easier to maintain...and cheap too :D

There's a slimmer one...but it protrudes out, so collect dust lor, and slightly more ex.

I engaged Jin's Brother as its their specialty, they claim to use premium grade Italian diamond powder which gives a better and finer finish. There are cheaper ones using China powder though.

They came at 9am and took the whole day to complete.

Hi,

Kindly PM Jin's Brother contacts and their quotation pls.

Thanks,

MJK

DAY 60

Works:

--Final rectification and handover

--Siliconing of mirrors

LG Hi Macs recitfied...although it is hardly "seamless" only if one look very very hard..but otherwise cannot really tell..The LG guy said it was due to the adhesive or something :dunno:

BEFORE

P1020685.jpg

P1020681.jpg

AFTER rectification..to b e fair, its quite well done, had to shift to catch the right angle to really see the "joint" :notti: ..( to the left of the coin )

P1030154.jpg

P1030155.jpg

LG solid surface done to my satisfaction :good:

I engaged Jin's Brother as its their specialty, they claim to use premium grade Italian diamond powder which gives a better and finer finish. There are cheaper ones using China powder though.

They came at 9am and took the whole day to complete.

Hi,

Kindly PM Jin's Brother contacts and their quotation pls.

Thanks,

MJK

Hi,

Here's their website

http://www.jinsbrother.com/

Speak to Irene 9624 9728...I did mine for $650. As mentioned before, there are cheaper deals which uses China diamond powder...you should find out more, and decide on what you want..

:yamseng:

wow. de solid surface really nicely done. hardly see. or rather cannot see anything

Yes :) I would say 99% seamless...still can see a bit if you look very very hard

Yes :) I would say 99% seamless...still can see a bit if you look very very hard

ahaha. u r looking too hard! 8|

dun worry la. cos u know where is de joinin edge, so u can see. for others, dey most likely wun even notice :dancingqueen:

DAY 60 cont

Minor touchups and rectifications were done during the past week, however I didnt like the lower glass panel of the top cabinet....it creaks on opening and closing ( despite spraying WD40 )and movement isnt smooth. I feel its the cheapo hydraulic arm used for that panel..even though it soft closing unlike the upper glass panel. Last week, one part of the hinge came loose when a screw popped out!

P1030022.jpg

Initially I wanted to use the BLUM Aventos bifold system, but the carpenter said cannot be done now as the shelf will be in the way of the mechanism, so the other solution would be to use one glass panel instead.

So the new panel installed ...

P1030218.jpg

There is sufficient head clearance, and easy to reach the panel. Stuffs can be easily accessed as well..

( note: caninet not organised yet...stuffs are just dumped inside :rolleyes: )

P1030217.jpg

Mechanisms used...the bottom BLUM damper added for soft closing, and it works rather well. (Notice this damper is not aligned properly just like the other side...need to rectify)

P1030216.jpg

The other damper...(only noticed when I stood on a chair ;) )..will need to call Henry to rectify

P1030221.jpg

But otherwise, the panel is perfect - soft closing and quiet :thumbs up: and best of all, no top up :sport-smiley-018:

ahaha. u r looking too hard! 8|

dun worry la. cos u know where is de joinin edge, so u can see. for others, dey most likely wun even notice :dancingqueen:

Ha ha...must be objective mah :bleah: ..but its acceptable for me and to my satisfaction :D

DAY 60 cont

Siliconing of the mirrors was done.

Finally my completed renovation :dancingqueen:

Here are photos to share:

Kitchen with hobs installed ( Gas hob connected by Citygas earlier )..photo taken only with LED lights on in the house.

P1030156.jpg

New glass panel for top cabinet installed

P1030150.jpg

P1030176.jpg

Teka induction hob and Cuizino gas hob

P1030153.jpg

Close up view

P1030139-1.jpg

DAY 60 cont

PD door with protective covering on ( clear acrylic )

P1030183.jpg

Sliding glass door with pelmet, and frosted sticker strips

P1030180.jpg

Left magic corner

P1030189.jpg

Right magic corner

P1030187.jpg

Inside - showing gas tubing which needs to be secured to the top, and hole neatly covered up

P1030188.jpg