Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
addats

Show Room Furniture At Hdb Shop House Price

I dunno if this common, when I ordered my furniture frm Melvin in late aug he told me they will take 6 weeks to do the furniture but when I called him couple of days ago he told me it will take 8 weeks instead. Now we r going to shift into new place oredi but we do not haf sofa! I'm pretty pissed becoz he didn't even bother to inform us of the delay n we didn't know till we called him. Luckily we didn't get the bedframe frm him else we wun even haf bed to sleep on

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I dunno if this common, when I ordered my furniture frm Melvin in late aug he told me they will take 6 weeks to do the furniture but when I called him couple of days ago he told me it will take 8 weeks instead. Now we r going to shift into new place oredi but we do not haf sofa! I'm pretty pissed becoz he didn't even bother to inform us of the delay n we didn't know till we called him. Luckily we didn't get the bedframe frm him else we wun even haf bed to sleep on

I ordered from him late Aug too. He did mention he probably needs 6 weeks to produce the items.

But that time I was not rushing as my place is still renovating.

Went down last weekend to view TV Console, as well as to tell him my delivery date which is late Oct.

He says all ready, except for the bar stool which has no black colour.

Indeed, he did not inform me of the colour earlier, he says he can spray for me, but I guess I can live with Chrome.

Overall, his attitude quite good. Quite please with his service.

Bought quite a no. of items from him on FIRST visit.

Hope the furnitures turns out well.

guys,

Am planning to setup my two kids (under 4yrs) bedroom,any idea where can i get those children bed be it two single bed or double decker ones cheap?

Am staying in the west.

Hi,

When is S&C open ? I have been there thrice already and they have been closed each time !!!

I had been there on last saturday at around plus. They are still operating. I think they may be closed on sunday or Public holiday.

Do S&C always need 6-8 weeks before they can deliver the goods? Or do they have some ready stocks? Am intending to get sofa, dining table and coffee table from them, but can't afford to wait that long.

Do S&C always need 6-8 weeks before they can deliver the goods? Or do they have some ready stocks? Am intending to get sofa, dining table and coffee table from them, but can't afford to wait that long.

[/quote

i visited s & c recently. they claim that they need 6 - 8 weeks to deliver. this is what i believe happening at their end. they are importing goods directly from the suppliers wherever they are. the import cost is paid by contena. maybe they wait for 1 contena to get fully loaded before confirming shipment. tht is the reason there are spesific furniture they always promote compared to others tht they have in their booklet.

there is nothing wrong with that but the time is depandant in which cargo ur furniture is residing. they are good and friendly but there are things that they may not be able to full fill.

Hey guys...I went down to S & C today to take a look since was near AMK hub but the shop was closed. I reached there ard 550pm today..What's their operating hours like?

Got a sudden call today from S&C partner or whoever helps them with their stuff that they like to deliver my things tomorrow... Didn't remember that I told them to deliver so early... Just tell that person that I can't accept the stuff tomorrow cuz my place undergoing reno... shall go home and check against my invoice and see if I actually make such a weird date... anyway, if I remember correctly, it was Melvin's wife who suggested mid of the month when I told her end of the month... have to check... problem with ordering too early... ha...

Got a sudden call today from S&C partner or whoever helps them with their stuff that they like to deliver my things tomorrow... Didn't remember that I told them to deliver so early... Just tell that person that I can't accept the stuff tomorrow cuz my place undergoing reno... shall go home and check against my invoice and see if I actually make such a weird date... anyway, if I remember correctly, it was Melvin's wife who suggested mid of the month when I told her end of the month... have to check... problem with ordering too early... ha...

Yes, checked invoice and it was as what I thought, we told May (Melvin's wife) end of the month but she suggest 15 Oct to secure the stock in case the shipment is delayed.... called her this morning and request to deliver at a later date..

hihi,

I usually will wait until my transaction completely over before I make any recommendation.

Because I don't want to make my judgement too early and influence others.

But I would like to comment on S&C, wanted to look for affordable yet nice furnitures for my new place.

Went down once to seesee, Melvin and wife always very busy.

Went second time and paid my first order sofa plus coffeetable

Third time: bedside table, bedframe, another sofa, Tv console.. shoerack.. eventually, all the furnitures in my hse comes from S&C.

Given the affodable price, hubby and I foresee that we are going to reject alot of things.

And we took it light because we KNEW we were paying a smaller price for the things we wanted..

When they came, 1x dinner chair have cuts, 1x sofa cushion not thick enough, coffeetable runner spoil, dinnertabletop also need to change.

What surprises me was: Melvin is such a nice guy. He never once find us too demanding, he never thinks that because we paaid a smaller price and so we should expects the small flaws! I really don't know what to say about him man. Althou I have to say, we cannot compare the quality of his furnitures with those in expensive malls, but they really look almost the same. But I think during renovation, what is most important is the service and attitude!!

He's always polite to our questions, try his best to our expectation.

Of coz he forget this and that sometimes. I even have to coordinate with his sofa guy on my own.

But all these, I did it willingly.

The way he does business, I don't see him like a sales person. He's more like a friend.

And I like that he call me sister. Haha..

For ppl who are less fussy about furnitures and wants to get designs at a more affodable price, you should go down and take a look. This kindle service really helps alot esp when you are already so busy with all the reno stuff going on..

ps: I have still aloy of outstanding issues with him thou I think there wun be any issues *keepingfingerscrossed*

i've just ordered a sofa, ottoman and dining bench from S&C.. Melvin seems a bit forgetful tho... he quoted me $1600 for the sofa over the phone but when i went down to the shop he told me $1800..

did you buy this range?

SNC00791.jpg

SNC00784.jpg

SNC00790.jpg

did you buy this range?

SNC00791.jpg

SNC00784.jpg

SNC00790.jpg

no i did not, i showed him another design from Lush. When I first went to place order, he said his men will go down to Lush to take a look but apparently he didn't becoz the end product is totally different frm what I wanted.

I am extremely disappointed with S&C. After much delay, all the stuff that i ordered (sofa, ottoman & dining bench) are wrong. I specifically told him i do not want croc/snake skin pu leather for dining bench but he delivered that. The design of the sofa is totally wrong too.

now we have to wait for another month and I have a feeling it will be delayed to beyond 1 month and the end product will still b wrong.

everytime i call melvin, he sounds distracted. I wonder if anything i'd said registered in his busy mind or not.

to those who want to get S&C to customise furniture, think twice.