Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clockwork

Solid Surface Counter Top

wow $60 considered cheap right. I think scratches or not, one has to take good care of the solid tops no matter what brands u installed. Furthermore, colours also play a part to spot the scratches.

Think for the LG solid top, obviously they didnt take good care of it....

Yup...some ID quoting us 100-120bucks psf leh....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I did a 'scratch' test on Corian............plus other brands....... all the same. If dont take care, sure got scratches.

Honestly $60 is really cheap. I heard contractors charge about $90-100 right. Mine was a lump sum with my kitchen so hard for me to estimate the price.

Guest melancholic
I did a 'scratch' test on Corian............plus other brands....... all the same. If dont take care, sure got scratches.

Honestly $60 is really cheap. I heard contractors charge about $90-100 right. Mine was a lump sum with my kitchen so hard for me to estimate the price.

Yups. I was really surprised at the quote they gave. One probably reason could be that they earned enough from the cabinets.. cost it was $140 pfr.

Classic Kitchen quoted $90pfr for Cresto, which I thought was a little over-priced.

Think at the end of the day, they will mark up the cost or charge it to you somewhere else.

I've been buying magazines and reading up.. besides solid surface, post form and (granite, marble, quartz/stiles), other possible options are linoleum (first time I'm hearing this), stainless steel and tempered glass. Verdict? There is no perfect material. I'm in a more difficult position also cos my in-laws are coming to stay with us, and I don't trust my brother-in-law to look after my things... I get nightmares thinking of him cooking noodles in the middle of the night and placing the hot pot directly on the solid surface top and melting it. sigh. Like that.. just get post form and if damaged, not so bad and can replace it after he finally gets married and moves out.

hi smallboy, corian and other brands of solid top will not warranty on scratches.... becos solid surfaces are not scratch proof but only scratch resistance... anybody who tell u it's scratch proof then maybe u can introduce him to me... genuine corian surface will not change colour over yrs even if use in outdoor with rough weathers, it is a non porous material, so it wont stain even if u leave a spilled red wine on it overnight... all u need to do is to use detergent and a scouring pad to clean it off... it is also tested and proven that it is safe to handle food on a corian top.... eg... breadtalk roll their doughs on a corian top... i believe for the safety of food handling and quality, the prices of the corian is worthy....

i hope i have create a clearer understanding for corian surfaces....

thank you