Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Smallboy

Dream Home @ Clementi

another tip:

Bi-fold door.

See the strip of black rubber. We specifically ask for BLACK colour cos we know some use WHITE. White may turn yellow and of course, stains are more obvious. I told the guy who come over to make the doors, give me BLACK 'trimming'.

2009_0511kitchen0028.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

aiyah, ur tip came too late lah! also, i din know bi fold door got whole piece one, the middle part can remove wor? ur door so much nicer lor

XBB, more pictures of the L-shaped areas. There are a total of 3 L-shaped areas.

1) near sink/stove

2) near oven

3) near half island counter top

1) I dont think there is anything I want to do for this L shaped cos it is hard to fit in a swivel corner unit becos of the sink. And the depth of this L shaped is not too deep. I plan to put in my washing detergent, box of washing powders. And it will be just nice

2) This is the part where there are 2 L-shaped areas

Close up shot of 2) :

this is the one with space 'wasted' but I dont mind at all cos I intend to put in my mom's antiques stuff. Things we just move from 1 house to another and NEVER use. hahaha... so this space is not really wasted... I can at least stuff antique items. :)

Close up shot of 3)

This one you realised there is no corner space. hee..hee... I plan that corner space to be accessible via the other side of the counter top.

Open up from the other side and I still have that corner space.

As for why I didn't install corner swivel units, simple....... I want that column of 3 blum drawers. And I find corner swivel units take up a long length (at least 90cm) .......

I will come back with pictures of where i plan to place my utensils, my cooking wares, my plates... my baking stuff... my tupperware collection etc.

Space planning, right?

Hi Smallboy,

Nice kitchen you have. The wet and dry area look good. Very good planning. :D

Myself, I don't like L shaped as its hard to reach and kinda wastage. If I were you, I will forego the cabinet between L-area 2 & 3. So that there isnt any L-corner for 2 & 3. Hee.. Thats just me. :P

Your kitchen is still nicee... :good: and useful with all your prior planning. Looking forward to your picture with the cooking wares. :yamseng:

aiyah, ur tip came too late lah! also, i din know bi fold door got whole piece one, the middle part can remove wor? ur door so much nicer lor

Ashes, I saw the 1 piece in my friends' place so i ask them to do the same.

Rasp, yes.. this L shaped kitchen works well for me........:)

I remembered we have the same layout house for our house, right? How is your coming along?

More pics:

We changed all the doors to Veneer door. I asked Uncle if can add in that metal strip down the part where the horizontal and vertical lines meet. Uncle charged me $60 per stripe per door per side. So expensive. But vain lor, I wanted something different.

I want so I ask him to do 4 doors but only the front side. He blur blur do all 4 doors and all sides. Urgg... $480.

But in the end only charge me $240. Uncle very nice!

2009_0511kitchen0032.jpg

Another view of my MBR. Now like many doors facing my bed. My WIW, my toilet, my maindoor. hee..hee... but I like. The colours seems to go well together. All dark dark colours.

2009_0511kitchen0036.jpg

the turnout is nice, Wendy :)

for your wallpaper, no way to get the guy to redo? since u have paid for it, and it's the worksmanship issue, get them to resolve it for u...quit a waste to tear it down actually.

the turnout is nice, Wendy :)

for your wallpaper, no way to get the guy to redo? since u have paid for it, and it's the worksmanship issue, get them to resolve it for u...quit a waste to tear it down actually.

Today Jason and the wallpaper guy coming over. Hopefully they can do something. We are actually very tired and sian liao. Think it is the fatigue from reno setting in. No energy to chase and fight anymore. hahaha... now just want to move in and sleep well. Overall, I can live without the wallpaper.

My concern now is if they say they can re-do another piece, I am afraid the same problems (chicken pox, bubbles, uneven surfaces) will still be there. Then why waste the effort and money.

The safest and surest way is to paint. Now I am in love with decals. Just put some nice decals over the painted wall lor. :)

understand the fatigue part especially having to juggle the existing responsibilities with addition to the reno, it indeed is taxing.

I am also looking at buying decals :) so nice and so many choices! that is also why after 3 weeks of oogling, i still can't decide which to buy! :P

Kitchen glass panels are up:

Hmm... looking at adding decals there......... so we wont knock into it. :)

2009_0509mayhouse0008.jpg

Finally I chose grey for the surface top. I like it.

2009_0509mayhouse0032.jpg

Hi Small Boy

I like yr kitchen

After Reno, it look very spacious and airy with the modern design and glass door

Chio

Did u design it or did e contractor recommended it?

Wow, your doors are nice, I also want sumthin lidat liao la! But den hor, $60 per stripe abit ex sia.. Money no enough man...

Edit: Anyways, wendy and smallboy, your house turned out very nice ah.. Hope everything goes well with the wallpaper.. So sad I can't make it to both your open houses..

Edited by Metalsubzero

Mimi: thanks. I designed the kitchen. here is a pic of the old kitchen. I hacked out the entrace to make way for the half island counter top. And I made it into 2 parts (wet & dry) to serve my needs.

2009_0330newhouse0012.jpg

2009_0330newhouse0011.jpg

Metalsubzero: thanks for the compliments. You can drop by anytime this week, if you can. We will only move in on Sat. :)

Oh Oh I want to drop by again!

I need to see if the L shape wet kitchen is a hazard or not >.<"

I can only come down in the evening...is the place locked already?

Seeing the new kitchen with my own eyes and the old one in the pic is really a very drastic difference.. Well Done!

wahhhh i tot the metal strip hor come with the door one leh.... i like the combi leh... aiyoh.. pocket gonna burn big hole le...