Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yapyap

Solar Film

Can anyone tell me where can I buy those frosted film from as mine has peel off and I dun wan people to see in as my house is the corridor unit.

Go Daiso or Homefix, i m sure u can DIY!!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Go Daiso or Homefix, i m sure u can DIY!!!

But currently I have the existing film and it is very sticky after peeling off. Is there any ways to remove the glue?

Brought my curtains and solar film from *** Curtain Pte Ltd @ Balestier, the person that handled my house was Frankie.. think he's mobile is 90094787

reasonable pricing, and he gives practical ideas to my needs.. never fails to update me on the progress.

Highly recommended !

Most importantly, i love the designs which he choose for me. :D:D:D

Dear all,

I wanted to change my existing window films as it has rainbow effect [just like oil on ground after rain will give you the circular streak of rainbow pattern] at night when room lights are turned on. I wondered whether this is a normal phenomenon as I was told by the installer this is caused by the scratch resistant coat on the film itself? Do all films have such phenomenon. Can anyone comment on this matter? Appreciate it. Thanks.

ek3civic

Just here to share some good deals for bro and sis here..

I just redo my entire house window film (privacy film) for like $720(inclusive of film removal) for a 5I house at pasir ris...**** good deal considering i was quoted $1.8k by a company referred to by my contractor...solar film he quoted me $800+ but i didn't take it cos i live at 2nd floor, how hot can it be..

but if you are looking for those high class solar film e,g lumbar..i doubt he has it...but its definitely **** cheap lah..i got 27 window pane in my house and all of it need the film removal...and its not an easy job..seen him do it and he manage to get a cut on his finger...

btw..i am just doing this out of goodwill since I am very happy with the good deal and workmanship provided..don't expect super service because he is just an uncle(speak very simple english) who came knocking on my door offering his services...he also provide door lock, blinds, curtain railing, door grill and window grill so you can ask him how much he charge...just wanna help him in this gloomy economic...i am sure he didn't earn as much as compared to the company who quoted me 1.8k freaking dollars...if you are interested...u can pm me for his contact and name..

Hi Ace_Mav

Can you PM me this uncle's no. need to do up my master room windows

TIA

I just redo my entire house window film (privacy film) for like $720(inclusive of film removal) for a 5I house at pasir ris...**** good deal considering i was quoted $1.8k by a company referred to by my contractor...solar film he quoted me $800+ but i didn't take it cos i live at 2nd floor, how hot can it be..

but if you are looking for those high class solar film e,g lumbar..i doubt he has it...but its definitely **** cheap lah..i got 27 window pane in my house and all of it need the film removal...and its not an easy job..seen him do it and he manage to get a cut on his finger...

btw..i am just doing this out of goodwill since I am very happy with the good deal and workmanship provided..don't expect super service because he is just an uncle(speak very simple english) who came knocking on my door offering his services...he also provide door lock, blinds, curtain railing, door grill and window grill so you can ask him how much he charge...just wanna help him in this gloomy economic...i am sure he didn't earn as much as compared to the company who quoted me 1.8k freaking dollars...if you are interested...u can pm me for his contact and name..

hihi i'm keen to do tinting too can PM me the uncle's contact?

My experience in solar film.

- many vendors and each claim their product is the best. Reflective says better coz they reflect heat and don't trap heat. so glass not likely to break. But there is glare

- they all only know how to rattle off the jargons like metal sputtering, nano-ceramic etc etc...It all makes you wonder they know their stuff technically

- beware of hidden costs and installation process. Some may charge you extra.. for landed properties because of height

- warranty - 5 years, 10 years probably all built into the cost. Who knows whether the company will still be there in 5 years

So after a few rounds of hunting and getting confused by all the terminology, I decided to go for MIracool. No one recommended - I saw their name from Home Directory. Honestly I can't tell the difference yet. Their film is nano-ceramic, Made in Japan. I can't vouch for the cooling properties yet as the installation was just done. But I can tell that the workers installing are very careful and cautious.

What makes me choose Miracool amidst the wide range of products and the confusion? Its the sales service and attitude of the Sales Manager (Edmund). Last minute during our confirmation, there was a slide variation in colour, he came down @ 8.30pm to show me the sample to ensure that I was happy before installation the next day.

We installed it for glass roof - he stayed throughout the installation process - which means opportunity cost for lost sales. When our contractor puts up the glass on Sunday, he came down to ensure the installation went well. Our builder did not provide their installers with a good environment, yet the guys carried out their work conscientiously. Next installation will be car porch in 1-2 months time.

The immaculate service made the difference for me....

Hi ace_mav, can you PM me this uncle's number? I would like to remove the old films left behind by the previous owner.

Thanks!

My experience in solar film.

- many vendors and each claim their product is the best. Reflective says better coz they reflect heat and don't trap heat. so glass not likely to break. But there is glare

- they all only know how to rattle off the jargons like metal sputtering, nano-ceramic etc etc...It all makes you wonder they know their stuff technically

- beware of hidden costs and installation process. Some may charge you extra.. for landed properties because of height

- warranty - 5 years, 10 years probably all built into the cost. Who knows whether the company will still be there in 5 years

So after a few rounds of hunting and getting confused by all the terminology, I decided to go for MIracool. No one recommended - I saw their name from Home Directory. Honestly I can't tell the difference yet. Their film is nano-ceramic, Made in Japan. I can't vouch for the cooling properties yet as the installation was just done. But I can tell that the workers installing are very careful and cautious.

What makes me choose Miracool amidst the wide range of products and the confusion? Its the sales service and attitude of the Sales Manager (Edmund). Last minute during our confirmation, there was a slide variation in colour, he came down @ 8.30pm to show me the sample to ensure that I was happy before installation the next day.

We installed it for glass roof - he stayed throughout the installation process - which means opportunity cost for lost sales. When our contractor puts up the glass on Sunday, he came down to ensure the installation went well. Our builder did not provide their installers with a good environment, yet the guys carried out their work conscientiously. Next installation will be car porch in 1-2 months time.

The immaculate service made the difference for me....

If you don't mind sharing, how much did you pay?

I was quoted about $650 for approx 6 meters of half height windows for a brand called Max-Shield... and someone else quote me $540 for the same windows using some no-name brand... I'm just concerned that after a while the film will peel off or shrink.

I did mine with Window-s.

Web: www.windowfilm.com.sg

Project reference: www.windowsfilm.wordpress.com

Got a few quotes for solar (living & rooms) & frosted (bath & yard).

Did with them because price is much more competitive compared to big names like 3m, lummar.

But more safe than freelance or small companies.

And their product range are easier to understand, not some companies so many range, salesperson tell you this good and that also good, so confusing

pricing also more straight forward, no gimmick like others who offer 30% discount, end up also more ex. if didnt say i got another quote also never give, already discounted confidence.

Installation was quite professional, protect your floor etc..

but got a few bubbles here and there. called them they say will go off in a few weeks.

Now waiting to see.

(is it true? anyone got such experience?)

i engaged wIndowfilm.com.sg too...

after getting samples 3m, vkool, lummar etc... i find their film to be similiar...

however the price is a big difference... $2k vs $4k+

and its really effective... so far so good...

my had bubbles too but cleared up... now no prob...

they got some promo going on... if im not wrong...

Hey guys i have used one contractor to install window films and windows and grilles with me before. His name is Mr Wong. Nice and profession fellow. His service and response is very good. Pricing wise, i compared so far his pricing is very good though.

PM me if u want his contact.

Just installed mine 2 days ago and happy with the service and price.

Just for sharing, can contact karen -90697099

Can quote recommend by glenn from cck