Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yapyap

Solar Film

See... Llumar is highly recommended.

This company does alot of commercial projects tender.... so they shld know their stuff.

I was also impressed by this Llumbar salesguy.

The reason why i decided to go with Llumbar was tat when he came to my unit to see the windows.

I was thinking of fixing films and roller blinds together from Llumbar.

He saw my master bedroom windows and he said "I know what i'm gonna to say to you will not help me in my sales, but i have to be honest. Your master bedroom windows dun need to have roller blinds coz you have such a beautiful view. Its so rare to have such a good view. Having roller blinds will only spoil it."

Just by this statement he made, i decided to close this deal with him on the spot.

The view from my bedroom overlooks totally unblocked view to as far as eyes can see, and i see above tree tops all the way.

My master bedroom windows are not small. it needs at least 4 big pcs of roller blinds of 5.5 feet length each. He would have keep quiet abt how he feels and make me install these 4 big pcs and he could have earn more.....

have given the job to Llumbar.. using a 60% total solar rejection film and look almost clear but read 50% light transmission. Cant go any higher because of thermal stress issue. Wifey and me is still thinking of whether we are going to filmed up our tonnes of windows.. that will cost a bomb.. but i guess we will decide after we move in.. thanks for the recommendation..! :drunk:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
have given the job to Llumbar.. using a 60% total solar rejection film and look almost clear but read 50% light transmission. Cant go any higher because of thermal stress issue. Wifey and me is still thinking of whether we are going to filmed up our tonnes of windows.. that will cost a bomb.. but i guess we will decide after we move in.. thanks for the recommendation..! :drunk:

good to hear that u finally settle yr tinting.

dun rush into doing all yr windows if budget is tight.

the good thing is film installation can be done anytime u want. the installation process is not a big fuss and will not make a big mess on your floors.

For my unit, it takes just 2 workers to do all windows in about 3-4 hours. (tinting and roller blinds install)

have you come across film that is, from outside cannot look into the house but from inside the house, we can see outside clearly. It has to be clear to let as much light thru. Thermal rejection is not a mjor requirement? Thanks. :dunno:

good to hear that u finally settle yr tinting.

dun rush into doing all yr windows if budget is tight.

the good thing is film installation can be done anytime u want. the installation process is not a big fuss and will not make a big mess on your floors.

For my unit, it takes just 2 workers to do all windows in about 3-4 hours. (tinting and roller blinds install)

have you come across film that is, from outside cannot look into the house but from inside the house, we can see outside clearly. It has to be clear to let as much light thru. Thermal rejection is not a mjor requirement? Thanks. :dunno:

outside cannot look in are usually coated with some metallic material, so it become reflective at certain lightings or angles. there are such film, if thermal rejection is not a major requirement. 3M has nickel coated film which they recommended me but I dont like reflective film.

In that case, you do not need films from 3M, llumnar or v-kool. You should be able to find such film in DIY shop if your area is not big, they will be much cheaper. The technology that I am paying is for the solar heat rejection.. so if thermal is not big thing.. then go other films, no need to waste money..The price difference is very big. :thumbs up:

Have.... i'm actually install this kind of Llumbar film you are asking for.

its called reflective film.

Outside cannot look inside, but inside can look outside.

But this is only useful if the inside is darker than outside. If inside is brighter, then outside can see inside.

For me, i want this because during daytime, outside cannot see inside. Its good enough for me coz no one is at home during day time.

During night time, when my house lights are on, then outside can see inside. But i dun mind, coz we are at home.

This reflective film is very common in every brand. Each brand sure have.

You can buy and DIY install yourself, BUT if u are not skillful, there will be bubbles on your window. So, u see whether you want to save money by DIY or not.......

where can i get some to try homefix?selffix? etc. I have the same issue like what you mentioned here, i have a huge window that i need to cover. Thanks.

:sport-smiley-003:

Have.... i'm actually install this kind of Llumbar film you are asking for.

its called reflective film.

Outside cannot look inside, but inside can look outside.

But this is only useful if the inside is darker than outside. If inside is brighter, then outside can see inside.

For me, i want this because during daytime, outside cannot see inside. Its good enough for me coz no one is at home during day time.

During night time, when my house lights are on, then outside can see inside. But i dun mind, coz we are at home.

This reflective film is very common in every brand. Each brand sure have.

You can buy and DIY install yourself, BUT if u are not skillful, there will be bubbles on your window. So, u see whether you want to save money by DIY or not.......

where can i get some to try homefix?selffix? etc. I have the same issue like what you mentioned here, i have a huge window that i need to cover. Thanks.

:sport-smiley-003:

Sure, DIY or home fix shops are selling this.

another warning about DIY films, is that it will shrink over time.

Just here to share some good deals for bro and sis here..

I just redo my entire house window film (privacy film) for like $720(inclusive of film removal) for a 5I house at pasir ris...**** good deal considering i was quoted $1.8k by a company referred to by my contractor...solar film he quoted me $800+ but i didn't take it cos i live at 2nd floor, how hot can it be..

but if you are looking for those high class solar film e,g lumbar..i doubt he has it...but its definitely **** cheap lah..i got 27 window pane in my house and all of it need the film removal...and its not an easy job..seen him do it and he manage to get a cut on his finger...

btw..i am just doing this out of goodwill since I am very happy with the good deal and workmanship provided..don't expect super service because he is just an uncle(speak very simple english) who came knocking on my door offering his services...he also provide door lock, blinds, curtain railing, door grill and window grill so you can ask him how much he charge...just wanna help him in this gloomy economic...i am sure he didn't earn as much as compared to the company who quoted me 1.8k freaking dollars...if you are interested...u can pm me for his contact and name..

Final-30.jpg

FINALLY! got my *** working and got a new webhost for photos...bleargh...anyway...this is the uncle peeling off 13 year old film from the window...luckily i never attempt to try it on my own...with 2 person + experience=9 freaking hour....1 person + no experience= probably doesn't make it...

p.s: i never asked for warranty but he said if i have any problem..just call him and he will rectify it..but so far..never have to call him..cos the workmanship... :good:

Hi all,

I only need two pieces of firm to prevent people from looking in, any recommendation for a place to get the firm plus installation?

Thanks

for 2 pieces, you might want to DIY. Buy from DIY shop... shouldn't be too difficult to install.

for 2 pieces, you might want to DIY. Buy from DIY shop... shouldn't be too difficult to install.

Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

May I know where are those DIY shops you are referring to? Are there any to recommend?

Can anyone tell me where can I buy those frosted film from as mine has peel off and I dun wan people to see in as my house is the corridor unit.