Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
audreysg

The Renovation Project Of 5rm Flat In Central Area

actually it doesn't matter how much you take care of it..it will still rust..

Chrome, low quality stainless steel will rust..esp if you are using it in the bathroom or wet areas..

Although i enjoy shopping and buying @ Ikea, but sad to say Ikea stainless steel stuff are of low quality..

certain items must be avoid..

but nevertheless, njoy and learn from reno experience... :yamseng::yamseng:

Ya, I agree with porkypig, my brother-in-law bought it too and it still rust. Truthfully, I think for ikea items, not everything very good.

Anyway, it's afterall personal preference... Your house really a big change after reno... very beautiful. I like your toilet... so when you plan to move in?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Angel,

Thanks for the tips...haiz me vain so bought those shiny surface type

Zonkkie

no worries, if months down the road the stainless ones get rusty, can find audreysg go down ikea protest together :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by ahwee

:drunk: haha. I am going to work on the protest banner now.

Angel,

Thanks for the tips...haiz me vain so bought those shiny surface type

Zonkkie

no worries, if months down the road the stainless ones get rusty, can find audreysg go down ikea protest together :sport-smiley-004:

haha. i will lead.. cos i started the "rusting" comment..

for my new house.. i am avoiding ikea metallic stuff..

you know the knives i bot from ikea are also rusting.. :<

"am i adding fuel to fire here?" hahaha..

i am just going for their ceramic cups and plates.. i got a cup i bot 10 years ago at ikea, and i still use it in office..

Sofa

I could not resist the urge to take a picture of the sofa..Since the renovation has not completed yet, I have to remove the protection cover and put it back when I am done. But the cover was enormous and I could not put it in place after 15-min struggle. Seems that my sofa might be covered by a layer with dust when I move in :o The living looks rather pale (boring?) now with everything in earth tone.

Sofa is from Lorenzo. It is 3.6m long.

3178983723_b9d7708eeb.jpg3179820278_c386fd84f7.jpg

Also had an interesting finding of one pipe placed around the shower stall. I have no idea what the heck it is for. And I am going to ask my ID to reposition it no matter what function it serves (I reckon it's for aircon).

3179820338_77a244946b.jpg

Edited by audreysg

Yep, that should be the aircon waste water piping that ideally should flow direct into your waste drainage. Repositioning looks a challenge (from the picture posted) lest you would drill through directly to reach the floor drainage?

Also had an interesting finding of one pipe placed around the shower stall. I have no idea what the heck it is for. And I am going to ask my ID to reposition it no matter what function it serves (I reckon it's for aircon).
Edited by Starscream

Bed and lockset

The progress is slowing down and the project has not finished yet! But there is some progress past two days anyway.

The bed is delivered. I am gonna to purchase dark color funiture and hang a black&white picture above the bedframe.

3183989007_323fa6043b.jpg

The door nob looks elegant. This egg shape lockset was purchased from Shanghai Tong Lee

3183988813_54a6b6eb57.jpg

Defect spotted. The joint between two colors is not a straight line. My ID has to rework this. 8|

3184829592_34f16ff63e.jpg

The dining table I am eying on. I saw this set on the magazine and I quite like it. Gonna make a trip to Fusion Interior to checkout the size and the price.

3184015225_ff53e651c3.jpg

Edited by audreysg

yOUR golden basin with pink color peach blossom looks very nice indeed. i love it a lot esp the pink colour part, because i am basically a very "pink" person. haha

Actually i have heard quite a lotsa bad reviews about IKEA's stuff, which is not durable leh. maybe its true?

Yep, that should be the aircon waste water piping that ideally should flow direct into your waste drainage. Repositioning looks a challenge (from the picture posted) lest you would drill through directly to reach the floor drainage?

Yeah my hse aircon piping waste looks even worse leh. when i got time i will take pics for u all to see