Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marvin

Bad Attitude Agents

Hi,

Just to share with you all my worst NIGHTMARE n FRUSTRATION with a HSR Agent. I sold my current flat A on 2 Sep 09 (signed OPT form) and bought another unit B from this BASTARD HSR agent on 24 Oct 09. Knowing that I need to rent a place after handing over my current unit A n waiting for the taking over of the new unit B, I discussed with the agent before signing the OTP form n he promised me the owner will hand over the keys n unit to me ON 1st appointment with Hdb which sounds good that I don't have to rent a place n move my furnitures 2 times.

When the agent n myself are discussing to request Hdb to bring forward the 1st appt date..he denied our promise n gave the reason as miscommunication. Saying the owner can only release the unit to me by end of feb or Mar 2010. We quarrelled over this issue n worst of all, he suggested I rent the unit from the owner while waiting for the transition period.

No black n white documents so I'm at the losing end coz verbally doesn't prove anything. I wonder whether our corresponding sms through our handphones can serve as evidence. Anyone who has this experience before kindly help me n advice on this, thanks a lot.

Friends recommended me to lodge a complain to his company n CASE. I wonder does this helps?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Just to share with you all my worst NIGHTMARE n FRUSTRATION with a HSR Agent. I sold my current flat A on 2 Sep 09 (signed OPT form) and bought another unit B from this BASTARD HSR agent on 24 Oct 09. Knowing that I need to rent a place after handing over my current unit A n waiting for the taking over of the new unit B, I discussed with the agent before signing the OTP form n he promised me the owner will hand over the keys n unit to me ON 1st appointment with Hdb which sounds good that I don't have to rent a place n move my furnitures 2 times.

When the agent n myself are discussing to request Hdb to bring forward the 1st appt date..he denied our promise n gave the reason as miscommunication. Saying the owner can only release the unit to me by end of feb or Mar 2010. We quarrelled over this issue n worst of all, he suggested I rent the unit from the owner while waiting for the transition period.

No black n white documents so I'm at the losing end coz verbally doesn't prove anything. I wonder whether our corresponding sms through our handphones can serve as evidence. Anyone who has this experience before kindly help me n advice on this, thanks a lot.

Friends recommended me to lodge a complain to his company n CASE. I wonder does this helps?

Sigh... Case is a toothless tiger in Singapore. Without black & white, I doubt they can do anything for u. Somemore you must pay membership fee to Case.

Based on the HDB housing rule, the house only belongs to the buyer after the 2nd appointment.

Edited by forgotten

Hi,

My situation also dealing with HSR. Whatever the seller agent says are lies. Even if u get the seller to sign any form of agreement, they always can give some reasons and delay the transaction. Simply, as buyers, we cannot do anything. I have called HDB, CASE and IEA on this matter. As the agents are not regiestered with IEA, there are no ways for us to complain or take actions. Plus, this unique situation doesn't not involve money cheating.

Ur agent is not on ur side because the suggestion from him simply CMI unless u r willing to pay the rent.

else move and stay somewhere rental-free eg. parents/friends? and ask ur agent to negotiate for u to move in your furniture early.

Do u know the 1% commission which we have to pay? Can we pay less than 1% because the agent is simply CMI!

My situation also dealing with HSR. Whatever the seller agent says are lies. Even if u get the seller to sign any form of agreement, they always can give some reasons and delay the transaction. Simply, as buyers, we cannot do anything. I have called HDB, CASE and IEA on this matter. As the agents are not regiestered with IEA, there are no ways for us to complain or take actions. Plus, this unique situation doesn't not involve money cheating.

Ur agent is not on ur side because the suggestion from him simply CMI unless u r willing to pay the rent.

else move and stay somewhere rental-free eg. parents/friends? and ask ur agent to negotiate for u to move in your furniture early.

Do u know the 1% commission which we have to pay? Can we pay less than 1% because the agent is simply CMI!

Just want to buzz this agent's ***...nothing to do with seller I assume seller is innocent.

seller also play a part too. because the agent lead the seller by the nose.

so stupid.

Be fair to other people. I deal with the agent directly so my finger should point at him only. You may be right that the seller also involve but that doesn't affect my point of view. So brainless n narrow minded.

Hi,

The sms records can be used as evidence if the agent actually smsed u acknowledging your intentions and agree to your terms.. you can then have a case in which you don't have to pay him his commission.

Be fair to other people. I deal with the agent directly so my finger should point at him only. You may be right that the seller also involve but that doesn't affect my point of view. So brainless n narrow minded.

that is because we are in different situations. both agents are dependent on each other to close this deal, they have caused me more than enough problems.

case closed. i just wait for 1st appt n concentrate on renovations.

besides, if the commission agreement have been signed, the agent may not do anything and still get paid.

During cases where you feel your agent did not perform his duties well enough or provide ample enough service or advice. You can actually NOT give the commission. But evidence will be needed to prove your claim

During cases where you feel your agent did not perform his duties well enough or provide ample enough service or advice. You can actually NOT give the commission. But evidence will be needed to prove your claim

Thanks Wolflet..will try to get service provider to assist on this...pay service fee also worth trying.

I met up with 2 agents from KTA. (Presumably a new agency with not more than 5 agents).

After our 2nd viewing at the lobby, we were asked to make an offer. We like the flat, and knows the asking is 10k abv COV.

We made an offer of 5k COV.

1 woman, who presumably entering menopause turned crazy and said rudely "Sorry bye".

Worst, when turning and walk away, she said loudly to her partner "Waste time, why u ask someone here to waste our time".

Crazy agents, instead of advicing and giving counter offer to convince us more........

Such agents simply cannot make it.

Pity the seller.

Actually I feels like writing to the seller directly to tell them about their agents. But in any case, I saw and bought another unit already.

Hi marvin, relax. After reading what had happened to you, makes me feel very demoralised as a agent myself. This kind of attitute make my job into difficult position in future. But let me reassure you that not all agent are like that. We tried hard and are sincere to provide more than 100% service to our client, their gain is our gain too. Because of some bad attitute agent, people dont trust agent anymore. You can complain this to her agency and i encourage you to inform the seller if you can. You should. She should advice you and even your offer is low. Take care and have a Blessed 2010.

Regards

Kellvin Lim

Edited by Kellvin

hi, im new to the forum. Have been looking around for a flat for the past one week and no luck

tried the '' im direct buyer and dont intend to pay comm'' method and it doesnt work.. hahaha most of them replied only work with 1% comm..

most of the cov i offered (btw 5-10k ) never even got to the seller, the agent simply brushed it off or dont reponse to my query.. haha

guess i will have to keep trying.. im sure to get a good agent soon.. i hope.. :P

hi, im new to the forum. Have been looking around for a flat for the past one week and no luck

tried the '' im direct buyer and dont intend to pay comm'' method and it doesnt work.. hahaha most of them replied only work with 1% comm..

most of the cov i offered (btw 5-10k ) never even got to the seller, the agent simply brushed it off or dont reponse to my query.. haha

guess i will have to keep trying.. im sure to get a good agent soon.. i hope.. :P

Hahaha

Keep on trying & dont give up.

Wife+me hunted almost 1 year for a resale unit. Even offered $40K once for a nicely renovated but owner (maybe its the idiot agent) wanted $50K.

In the end we found something in between, and the spare cash we had went into giving our place the extra touch of class.

Cheers

Hahaha

Keep on trying & dont give up.

Wife+me hunted almost 1 year for a resale unit. Even offered $40K once for a nicely renovated but owner (maybe its the idiot agent) wanted $50K.

In the end we found something in between, and the spare cash we had went into giving our place the extra touch of class.

Cheers

thanks for the encouragement but the COV is like getting more ridiculous.. we have up to 20k..

Edited by budgetice

thanks for the encouragement but the COV is like getting more ridiculous.. we have up to 20k..

Ya, I agreed some agents cannot make it le... They claimed they are professional but no lo, everything they do is for money only...

I just sold my house and met many bad agents who just don't know how to sell, sometimes I even need to do my own selling.. walau...

And when I am looking for flats without agents, those sellers' agents also tried to con me and wants me to pay them commission but they are always 'protecting' their sellers.. So, I decided to find a agent to represent me so he can 'protect' and fight for my rights!

Well, but not all are bad agents, just some black sheeps. Luckily for me, met an agent who went all the way to help me to sell my flat and now looking for one.. I felt so bad as we only want low COV and have viewed alot of flats but all not suitable... Luckily, he is very patient and help me all the way and hope I can find my perfect home soon.. :)

PM me if you want my agent's contact. He is great! :)

Cheers!