Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marvin

Bad Attitude Agents

Last time the say say only...now very likely will happen soon, perhaps in the next few months...

i posted after reading the newspaper as i received saea's replies on the same day.... i asked specific questions but were given those generic neutral answers yet again.... i thought i was in luck that my problematic agent was registered with them, too bad..... i just have to keep searching....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i posted after reading the newspaper as i received saea's replies on the same day.... i asked specific questions but were given those generic neutral answers yet again.... i thought i was in luck that my problematic agent was registered with them, too bad..... i just have to keep searching....

I believe a lot of issues still in discussion, so they will not reveal any details to the public yet....

Tell me when Realty firms have a REAL compliance unit within the firm.

Edited by Phantom

I believe a lot of issues still in discussion, so they will not reveal any details to the public yet....

dream up an complicated real estate issue, any issue.... Send it to any real estate dispute resolution agency... SAEA, etc... i don't know if there're any others...

dream up an even more complicated insurance issue, any issue.... Send it to FIDREC.... compare the replies and you'll know what i'm talking about.

you can use simple issues like "my agent is not serving me well enough and answering my queries." You'll be shocked by the difference in standards and the governance.

anyway, i'm not trying to bash all real estate agents, i'm more upset at the lack of governance that's causing the situation today.

BEWARE Of WALLACE YEO from C & H Group, has no professionalism and his words can never be trusted. Do not answer calls and got the guts to threaten us even though he is obviously in the wrong. I will bring his case to the SAEA.

You will regret if you ever engage him for his property service..

This is a letter to CASE, the Property Company, Straits Times, etc, etc:

Hi,

I would like to seek for your advise on the following:

1. Can a property agent reject people to view a unit that is on open house, and chase them out?

2. Can a property agent tell customers off, telling them that they are not welcomed and don't want to do their business?

Below illustrate what had happened:

As my sister-in-law stayed in Blk XX, XXXXXXX, and noticed that her neighbour is selling their unit, she called my wife about this since my elder brother is looking a unit with my parents. An agent contacted my brother, and he arranged for a viewing on 22 May 2010, 1700hrs.

I accompanied my 70yr old parents and elder brother for the house viewing today, and we met an agent (for the first time) in the lift foyer at level 1. He brought us up to level 9 for the viewing. While we were walking around the house, we heard an argument between a lady agent from "Eye Dee A" (representing the seller unit), and the agent who brought us up for the viewing. We heard "This is an unspoken rule. I don't want to co-broke with you. Please get out of here". It was a very ugly scene as there were 2 other groups of families viewing the place when they had an argument.

As we sense that something is not right, we decided to leave the place and proceeded downstairs to the car park with the rest of the viewers. When we were helping my mother to the car, a guy (JimXy KXek) came and confronted us, saying that it is wrong for us to just view the place without going thru them, and he do not want to do our business, making his stand very clear that we are not welcomed.

We tried to explain that we arranged a viewing with an agent, and we are not aware of what is the dispute between them, and asked him nicely that this has got nothing to do with us, and told him to resolve with the agent whom brought us for the viewing. He did not listen and raised his voice towards us, saying that he don't bother to listen, and just wanted us to know that we are not welcomed and he do not want to do business with us. The agent that helped us to arrange for the viewing came in and tried to stop the commotion, telling JimXy that he will settle this between themselves as this has got nothing to do with us.

JimXy physically pushed the agent away. We've reached our limit and shouted at him for his act, and we engaged to a fierce argument. He even dare me to a fight and say that we shall meet again one of these days. My 70 yr old father came in to stop the argument and my wife pushed me back to my car. But JimXy is still shouting and talking about the topic whereby we are not welcomed, and keep confronting us to a further argument.

I thought all property agents are professionally trained, and should know how to behave themselves since they are in service line? What is the point of them wearing a formal outfit, yet behave like a gangster? How do I lodge a complain against this agent? Can I file a police report towards his act?

For info, my mum is already emotionally unstable due to her recent stroke, resulting her to be wheel chair bound. This episode today makes her emotion even worst cos she is now blaming herself to caused us all this trouble to look for a place. The main reason why my elder brother is looking for a place is because there is no lift access for the place they are currently staying. Also, my Dad has got high blood pressure, and his blood pressure went up to 160 after the argument today. JimXy doesn't even bother to show respect to the elderly. He is rude, aggressive, unprofessional, and behave like a gangster.

I demand for a follow up action towards JimXy. He is not fit to be an agent with this type of service attitude (likewise for the lady agent representing the seller unit at Blk XX, XXXXXX, didn't managed to get her particulars). At the same time, I am considering to broadcast this issue to the media, and even the related online forums, STOMP, etc if I do not get a favourable reply and official apology from "Eye Dee A".

Below is the particular and picture of the the nasty agent:

Name: JimXy KwXk

Position: Associate Managet "Eye Dee A"

Sounds like the seller's agent may not even have an exclusive agreement with the owner and that's why he is so worried that you may buy the flat directly from the owner through your own agent. And therefore even personally approached you to tell you off.

Otherwise, he is not willing to forgo the extra 1% from the buyer's side on top of the 2% he is getting from the seller alreadie.

Remember the Face.

Once a person "lost control" of temper, he may be seemed speak or act "unresonably" to the third party, this scenerior is very common.

Whether professional or commoner, all have "emotions", but with different threhold level towards "unfair treatment"

Something must have bite into Jim's comfort zone seriously, and made him myopia to tackle the root cause, but to act like a "mad dog" barking and biting who's arround him.

Be understanding.

Edited by bepgof

Anger management issues ?

Hmm ... How different would this be from road rage where car drivers bash each other ?

In the end, both party loses - either one gets bashed up and gets physically hurt, the other gets arrested for bashing the other person up. Both suffers.

Once a person "lost control" of temper, he may be seemed speak or act "unresonably" to the third party, this scenerior is very common.

Whether professional or commoner, all have "emotions", but with different threhold level towards "unfair treatment"

Something must have bite into Jim's comfort zone seriously, and made him myopia to tackle the root cause, but to act like a "mad dog" barking and biting who's arround him.

Be understanding.

BEWARE Of WALLACE YEO from C & H Group, has no professionalism and his words can never be trusted. Do not answer calls and got the guts to threaten us even though he is obviously in the wrong. I will bring his case to the SAEA.

You will regret if you ever engage him for his property service..

Care to share your story? I had a horrible experience with C&H also. Agent misled us into signing commission agreement with him by saying that it was a HDB rule to engage an agent. When we later found out that was false and complained to the company, they didn't even bother to investigate the matter. And this was not from a newbie agent, it was from one of their director level agent... Just our luck as a first-timer to meet a bloodsucker who conned easy money out of us without doing any thing.

What to do, can only hope karma will strike this kind of dishonest agents who have no qualms over cheating people out of their hard-earned money..

Edited by coldflamez