Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaslee77

Bad Experience With Singapore Lighting Mart @ Balestier

Hi hi,

I recently bought lights (and kana CHOP like carrot) from this shop at Balestier, Singapore Lighting Mart Pte Ltd from this salesperson Addy.

I have total 22 PLC lights, he sold to me at $44.00 each!!! Somemore without the tube inside. The next day I went to another shop and saw the same model, the salesperson quoted me $18.00 each without tube. :bangwall:

Not to mention all other lights in the kitchen/yard/balcony/bedroom/toilets...

cuz I saw another same light for my bedroom, the other shop price-tagged at $100+, but I bought for $290+... everything they sold me is MORE THEN DOUBLE!!! :curse:

By the way, the T5 he quoted me $32.00 for 3ft, I bought from another shop @ $16.00!!!

This is the most expensive lesson I've learnt in my life. And the best thing is my ID (iM@ge Cre@tive) brought me there! 8|

PLEASE remember do not even step into this black shop.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi hi,

I recently bought lights (and kana CHOP like carrot) from this shop at Balestier, Singapore Lighting Mart Pte Ltd from this salesperson Addy.

I have total 22 PLC lights, he sold to me at $44.00 each!!! Somemore without the tube inside. The next day I went to another shop and saw the same model, the salesperson quoted me $18.00 each without tube. :bangwall:

cuz I saw another same light for my bedroom, the other shop price-tagged at $100+, but I bought for $290+... everything they sold me is MORE THEN DOUBLE!!! :curse:

By the way, the T5 he quoted me $32.00 for 3ft, I bought from another shop @ $16.00!!!

This is the most expensive lesson I've learnt in my life. And the best thing is my ID (iM@ge Cre@tive) brought me there! 8|

Thanks for sharing with us such an episode.

Will certainly be more careful when its my turn to go shopping for lightings.

Hi hi,

i think we will avoid ur ID. he could be earning comission....

I regret I did not see this post earlier.

Our tragedy just happened last week. Similarly, we were brought to them by our ID from iM@ge Cre@tive

I bought 20 T5 4ft at $38 each and 18W downlight at $65 each.

We thought we can trust our ID for the shop he recommended but we later found out the Shop just opposite are selling the same T5 for $20 and same DL model for $42 negotiable some more. More research along Baslertier Rd showed that the price can be even lower. Our lost is nearly $1000 !!!

We F*K our ID and confront Singapore Lighting directly demanding to cancel the deal. I told my ID we are willing to go as far as to CASE and collect evidences from other shop along Balestier Rd to prove that Singapore Lighting is seriously over charging. In the end, he offered to be the peacemaker and willing to absorb our lost. we settle for some reno-work F.O.C.

This should be on sticky to prevent more tragedies.

Hi hi,

Sorry to hear that. It is best that you don't go to any lightings or furniture shops recommended by ID, and don't bring them along for shopping trips, because many shops will overcharge to pay the ID commision. This is what the owner of one of the lightings shops I visited told me. He told me not to bring along my ID or he will not be able to give me the same discount.

Some forumers strongly recommended lightings.com.sg at Balestier Point for its fair pricing and I bought most of my lights there. Personally I found the lady who served me a bit rude but in the end the pricing is most important.

Sorry to hear that. It is best that you don't go to any lightings or furniture shops recommended by ID, and don't bring them along for shopping trips, because many shops will overcharge to pay the ID commision. This is what the owner of one of the lightings shops I visited told me. He told me not to bring along my ID or he will not be able to give me the same discount.

Some forumers strongly recommended lightings.com.sg at Balestier Point for its fair pricing and I bought most of my lights there. Personally I found the lady who served me a bit rude but in the end the pricing is most important.

Another lighting company that is worth considering is Light & Form (also along Balestier Road, a corner shop). I understand that they import their lightings mostly from China in container and you will be surprised that some of their light design are uniquely different from other lighting shops. I was told by my electrician that the ballast quality is of a better quality compare to those normal $18-$20 PLC lighting. Service was good as well as I faced some problem during the setup and the lady boss came together with his engineer to support the electrician immediately. Look for a lady call Samantha Ong, tell her an owner from maplewoods recommended, she'll give you a good recommendation for your lighting layout. BTW, I didn't wen with a ID/contractor, I dun make commission but just sharing my experiences with good contacts that I got to know during my reno.

i think we will avoid ur ID. he could be earning comission....

Hi All I also bought the lights there Bought T5 lights with all for $35, it has also a cover...Not sure it is cheap as we check the price at a another shop, it the same...so i am not sure..

dirt cheap price dosent mean good

not bringing your id dosent mean cheaper as the sales person will still sell at the same price

wow... that really hurts.... thanks for sharing.

Always remember to compare a few shops before buying.

yes, never go with your designer. They most probably have a cut from your purchase.

I bought my lightings from Chan Huat Lighting house... :) not bad. Many variety and reasonable price :)

wow... that really hurts.... thanks for sharing.

Always remember to compare a few shops before buying.

yes, never go with your designer. They most probably have a cut from your purchase.

I bought my lightings from Chan Huat Lighting house... :) not bad. Many variety and reasonable price :)

wait till your things spoil and u want chan huat to change for u

lol

Guest airstriker
Hi hi,

IF not earn what??

Very EXXXX...my advise is dun follow them to any shops (lightings or tiling). We buy ourselves and if kana also "bo bian". Next time asked around, this is very common already. The cheapest may not be in balestier. Same "tao kay"...

I always bought my lights at Jln Eunos. PLC only $13 only, with 2 nos. 13W energy saving tubes. Sori..

i think it is still up to individual to do their homework and shop around before following ur ID or going by yourself to any shops. If most of us can shop around for quotes for different IDs .. i doubt it wouldnt take much for the individual to shop around for lighting or furnishing prices to avoid such thing from happening... if u dun have much time to do it ... then i tink it would be a trade between time and money.... to save u got to spend time.... to save time u got to spend more .... probably thats my opinion....

Hi hi,

Sorry to hear that.

I myself also, but not from this shop.

Same situation, price very high.

Went in, told him my id recommend.

You know why the pric so high? Cos your id also had a share.