Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
apples

Our New Home

It's the group of tilers that got sacked last Friday i think.

Can only remember one of them wear specs .. i think he is call "si yan"

Ok. Hope everything turns out well for you.

Uncle is super busy today. Have not come down to check my place yet .... need him to give advice on toilet and kitchen sink ...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I don't know, I hope NOT!

Very depressing .. this on top of my monday blues ..

Sorry to hear about the kitchen tiles.

Reno is not always plain sailing. Don't feel depressed and look at the bright side. It is better to discover the problem now than after you moved in right.

I am also facing the same situation where I have to move out end of the month. My plan is to rent a place to keep my stuff and bunk in maybe at parent's place (but haven't discuss with them yet. Most probably will get it from them again) or see if I can rent a place to stay for short time.

Found 1 picture taken last week on my handphone, sorry it is grainy

The problematic tiles are located on the right-hand side .. the grout lines are veering away from the kitchen cabinet, instead it should be parallel.

So when I look at it, I feel that the kitchen is 'wywy'

Kitchen_WIP-1.jpg

can't really see clearly, but Uncle is really honest and not giving all sorts of excuses to "cover up" that mistake. apples, not a bad thing actually...uncl is maintaining his QC checks.

Found 1 picture taken last week on my handphone, sorry it is grainy

The problematic tiles are located on the right-hand side .. the grout lines are veering away from the kitchen cabinet, instead it should be parallel.

So when I look at it, I feel that the kitchen is 'wywy'

Kitchen_WIP-1.jpg

Don't worry too much. Uncle will get his team to retile. Yes you are right, this group of tilers got the pink slips from him already. Three of them right.

apples cheer up. You'll probably feel sian. Look on the brighter side, I think if it is any other ID, they will probably not want to hack and redo. At least uncle took on the responsibility and extra cost to rehack and retile :) bear with it. Very soon you'll get ur house swee swee!!

Your kitchen cabinets looks good :)

Cheer up. I think they will double time do swee swee....... in no time you will get a perfect kitchen.

It will be over soon! :) :) :)

mrspiglet,

i agree with ivy .. you so cute de, play with water somemore :D

I like the to spray water all over ba? My mum doesnt allow me to play water last time when i was young :(

But i think gotta cut down liao, just saw my utility bills. :jawdrop:

Anyway apples, did uncle mention to u how long will it take him to re-do all the tiles? hope its not gonna take him too long..

Sorry to hear about the kitchen tiles.

Reno is not always plain sailing. Don't feel depressed and look at the bright side. It is better to discover the problem now than after you moved in right.

I am also facing the same situation where I have to move out end of the month. My plan is to rent a place to keep my stuff and bunk in maybe at parent's place (but haven't discuss with them yet. Most probably will get it from them again) or see if I can rent a place to stay for short time.

Hmm .. your dateline is also quite tight. Hope that your reno will be smooth smooth ..

When is your targetted hand-over date? Are you moving in on the actual hand-over date?

My targetted handover date was last weekend. But with these kitchen tile problem and some wardrobe issues, it is being delayed till this weekend.

My move-in date is next weekend. This cannot be changed becos I need to handover my current place to the new owners after that.

hmm i pity ur neighbours also.. hacking tiles = noisy + dusty... u pray they dont complain to HDB or town council

Already got complain once already when they work past 6pm one of the days :(

growler, familyof4, ivy, Smallboy, mrspiglet, pinkpetter,

Thanks for being so encouraging. I will try to be more positive.

Ya, I was quite sure that ah soon will fix it when I saw the tiles alignment. He also agree that his reputation is on the line.

He says he should finish it by tomorrow. Kudos to him for taking responsibility!

Just that it is the delay is causing some anxiety and concern .. my move-in date cannot be delayed and I really want to finish everything before we move in.

Not to mention about the inconveniences, costs etc (to ah soon, myself and my neighbours).

Hmm .. your dateline is also quite tight. Hope that your reno will be smooth smooth ..

When is your targetted hand-over date? Are you moving in on the actual hand-over date?

My targetted handover date was last weekend. But with these kitchen tile problem and some wardrobe issues, it is being delayed till this weekend.

My move-in date is next weekend. This cannot be changed becos I need to handover my current place to the new owners after that.

Hi apple, hope you are feeling better today.

Yes my dateline is also very tight. Before reno start, already not so smooth. Uncle forgot my tongtu date after many reminders. Has asked him to start anytime after my tongtu but must complete and handover by end May. There was also hiccup in the hacking. So guess today (8 days into the reno) will still be hacking plus screed.

Same as you, if cannot handover I still need to vacate the house because the new tenant will be moving in on the 1st. Was about to ask Uncle for help to store my stuff but he told me no problem handing over by end May. Still keeping my fingers crossed while planning for contingency.

When closer to your move out date and if your reno has not complete yet, perhaps you could ask if the new owner to see can extend of a week or so.

Have you check if the Uncle tilers are in today to hack and retile? I believe the rectification can be completed in two, three days.

Hi apple, hope you are feeling better today.

Yes my dateline is also very tight. Before reno start, already not so smooth. Uncle forgot my tongtu date after many reminders. Has asked him to start anytime after my tongtu but must complete and handover by end May. There was also hiccup in the hacking. So guess today (8 days into the reno) will still be hacking plus screed.

Same as you, if cannot handover I still need to vacate the house because the new tenant will be moving in on the 1st. Was about to ask Uncle for help to store my stuff but he told me no problem handing over by end May. Still keeping my fingers crossed while planning for contingency.

When closer to your move out date and if your reno has not complete yet, perhaps you could ask if the new owner to see can extend of a week or so.

Have you check if the Uncle tilers are in today to hack and retile? I believe the rectification can be completed in two, three days.

The worst case scenario is that you should be able to shift in once the tiles, lights, paint are up and completed swee swee .... just need to wait for carpentry (which is not so dusty compared to the hacking and tiling) ... I see that you have some empty rooms so should be fine yah ?