Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
apples

Our New Home

Update on water proofing. They're currently doing the new thing. No need to wait what so ever, it's like chemical which is layered on the floor, then the just pile cement over it. For the toilet, they need to wait for it to dry before they cement.

Will update my blog on the waterproofing pics :)

Thanks. It will be good to share .. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Some updates for today ..

The painters are at my place in the morning .. basically i think they are more or less done.

The stainless backing was up, so is the shower screen and exhaust fan.

While I was looking at my kitchen from my living area, I suddenly saw that the alignment of the tiles were off.

As Jason was there at the same time, I ask him to verify. He also agree that there is a problem and ask me to speak to Ah Soon as he is in charge of all the wetworks. If this is going to be fix, it will be major since it means hacking up the whole floor. What about my cabinets that are already installed?

This is really depressing ..

On top of that, Jason said our heater got problem as it trips up the electric mains once it is on. Have to call up Joven on Monday :(

Some updates for today ..

The painters are at my place in the morning .. basically i think they are more or less done.

The stainless backing was up, so is the shower screen and exhaust fan.

While I was looking at my kitchen from my living area, I suddenly saw that the alignment of the tiles were off.

As Jason was there at the same time, I ask him to verify. He also agree that there is a problem and ask me to speak to Ah Soon as he is in charge of all the wetworks. If this is going to be fix, it will be major since it means hacking up the whole floor. What about my cabinets that are already installed?

This is really depressing ..

On top of that, Jason said our heater got problem as it trips up the electric mains once it is on. Have to call up Joven on Monday :(

Is yours a storage heater? If so, then have to call the agent to check. Also ask Jason to check the wiring of the 15amp switch. Is it direct to the DB? If it's tapped from some other points, there could be chances of overload.

My tilers are of varied quality, 2 out of 3 quite consistent. The older uncle has varying standards. Sometimes very good, sometimes the gap quite big...

Edited by growler

Thanks! I am not the one to clean toilets so it did not cross my mind .. wahaha

But this is only on 1 wall and it is located away from the shower area, so hopefully it will not require cleaning all the time

haha! so good! i'm the one cleaning the toilets (i love to wash toilets cos can play with water :P). since its away from shower area shd be pretty safe from all the mould. Gd choice! :good:

haha! so good! i'm the one cleaning the toilets (i love to wash toilets cos can play with water :P). since its away from shower area shd be pretty safe from all the mould. Gd choice! :good:

hahhaha mrs piglet!! so big liao still play with water??! first time i hear someone who loves washing toilet cos can play with water. You remind me of my sons man! both love to hog the toilet during bath time and play water in their plastic tub.....

Is yours a storage heater? If so, then have to call the agent to check. Also ask Jason to check the wiring of the 15amp switch. Is it direct to the DB? If it's tapped from some other points, there could be chances of overload.

My tilers are of varied quality, 2 out of 3 quite consistent. The older uncle has varying standards. Sometimes very good, sometimes the gap quite big...

Called Joven liow, they will come down to check. If it is not the heater problem, will need to pay $25.

Have requested for the electrician to be around tomorrow and hopefully they can iron out the issue.

If the gap is not too obvious, then let it be lah ..

hahhaha mrs piglet!! so big liao still play with water??! first time i hear someone who loves washing toilet cos can play with water. You remind me of my sons man! both love to hog the toilet during bath time and play water in their plastic tub.....

mrspiglet,

i agree with ivy .. you so cute de, play with water somemore :D

This morning I called Ah Soon, remind him to come to my house to check the tiles in my kitchen.

According to my hubby, Ah Soon took a long time and was very quiet and serious looking when he look at my kitchen floor tiles.

The verdict is to hack out most of them and relay .. :bangwall::bangwall:

I don't know what to say .. should i be happy becos he also feels the quality is not good.

But I feel a bit heartache la, so many tiles. :~

This morning I called Ah Soon, remind him to come to my house to check the tiles in my kitchen.

According to my hubby, Ah Soon took a long time and was very quiet and serious looking when he look at my kitchen floor tiles.

The verdict is to hack out most of them and relay .. :bangwall::bangwall:

I don't know what to say .. should i be happy becos he also feels the quality is not good.

But I feel a bit heartache la, so many tiles. :~

Wow.... Uncle's quality control quite stringent. I'm happy that he's strict on quality.

Who are your tilers? Can describe them?

Wow.... Uncle's quality control quite stringent. I'm happy that he's strict on quality.

Who are your tilers? Can describe them?

It's the group of tilers that got sacked last Friday i think.

Can only remember one of them wear specs .. i think he is call "si yan"

wah...sounds bad leh...to hack and re-tile. I think Uncle heartache more...sigh.

Any pictures on the alignmnt problem?

Yes, it is bad. I think this will delay my handover .. sorry, no pics taken for this problem.

I dunno how to move out of my current place in time

Edited by apples

oh dear.. sounds serious. To hack the tiles.. wont the cabinets be affected???

I hope things work out well

I don't know, I hope NOT!

Very depressing .. this on top of my monday blues ..

Cabinets should be ok since there is a base... but it'll be very very dusty all over again. poor apples.

But thankfully it's discovered now and going to be rectified now... at least Uncle is keeping to the quality.

Think Uncle is getting new workers to help with the workload so he has to scrutinise some of their work esp if it's their first time working for him. Wonder if apples' are new.