Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aubrey

Retrospectrum Meets Modernisation!

storm

well during my search i only found those. i rmb which shop i got mine from! its this very old looking shop. so far his price is the best and he is nice to explain to me about the fans. i have to find the shop number but its on the same side where royal fanco and adamas is.

kdk is nice but ex! so far im loving my fan, esp the color! :wub:

booy

yup i love them too for the simplistic classy look it gives and it will never go out of style.

familyof4

is it! was quite "hurt" when uncle said my fan not very good, the airflow is not circulated throughout the room. >.> but now that we moved it and cleaned up the fan, it feels fine!! :)

shogen

i think both me and my mom said wang lai wang lai and i also said huat ah! i did not say cai yuan gwen gwen >.< heng ar!

mrspiglet

YEA!! pretty soon i can post before and after pics! that is the biggest change! im kinda regretting i did not snap more pics of before due to my embarrassment. :bangwall:

updates for today..

realised that when they plastered my wall in the kitchen they did not remove nor protect the lights so my lights, esp the part where i have to "twist" to remove lamp cover is kinda stuck to the wall in a layer of plastic. yet another rectification to be done. hrmm.

I also asked uncle for the laminate samples book after checking out seng lee's website. not a lot of variety posted online. still vexing over the laminate choice. :/

Edited by aubrey

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

aubrey: Can check with you if your hood is fully flushed to the back. I know that there is a connector behind. Did you get the carpenter to make a recess for the connector?

Ah, at last, aubrey!! Happy for you that you finally moved in. It has been quite a journey for you. Nice house.

Just hope that all the inconveniences with the outstanding reno works will not zap your energy further.

Re the choice of laminate for your bookcase - this is just my opinion. When you mentioned abt the smoky color for your living room and you felt 'dark' for your liking, I kinda feel that you need consistency. I would choose the same laminate as your wardrobe so that there will be not too many 'colours' around the house. I like the laminate of your wardrobe - there's a feel of 'serenity' in it.

Enjoy the new house, aubrey. :)

Aubrey, looks great! :D:D

I like your kitchen! I wanted white laminates but dare not go for it. hahah.

Opted for silver, but it turned out to be some other color anyway.

Btw, ermmm. your address in on your carpentry picture. :x

aubrey, i guess we are all guilty of messing up our own houses b4 reno! But its gd to have a refreshing chge, i think u'll love ur 'new' place despite all the reno woes!

gaku07

i didnt really inspect the back, but it is not flushed with the kitchen wall. there is a small wooden frame done to support the hood but thats about it. what recess are u refering to?

roamca

thanks! i still think its nt bright enough tho. :P

ok i took it off. contains my add hp #. scary!

reiki, im trying to go for the zen look but i thought bookcase can do wooden laminate for the bottom portion while my study desk follows the same laminate as my wardrobe. how does that sound?

mrspiglet, i cant call it woes, everyone faces some every now and then. so im ok still. have to be understanding towards uncle too. so im ok for now. still got energy left.

lawry, thanks for pointing it out. white laminates are ok! i love it. all nice white and cheery to me. you shld pick it if u have another reno.

blue, i prefer to post pics when its lived in, more homely! now it seems a little too showroom, lacking that touch of warmth. im weird. :D

Edited by aubrey

gaku07

i didnt really inspect the back, but it is not flushed with the kitchen wall. there is a small wooden frame done to support the hood but thats about it. what recess are u refering to?

roamca

thanks! i still think its nt bright enough tho. :P

Ok if you pull the hood out, you will see the connector sticking out. On the side of the wooden cabinet, can you see a small hole to contain the connector?

gaku, after ah tan installed for me he told me cannot pull out anymore cos of the wiring. any other way to check? dont wanna risk it.. snap a pic for u tonight k!

smallboy, thanks! still long way to go for packing. now pending carpentry pushed back to next week. see if i can take anymore leave to get it fixed, if not will be postponed till next sat.

gaku, after ah tan installed for me he told me cannot pull out anymore cos of the wiring. any other way to check? dont wanna risk it.. snap a pic for u tonight k!

smallboy, thanks! still long way to go for packing. now pending carpentry pushed back to next week. see if i can take anymore leave to get it fixed, if not will be postponed till next sat.

Aubrey: No need to check if cannot pull out. Mine can be pull out so I can see the connector. Maybe he has fixed it permanently for you. Better don't risk it , later spoilt I jialat.

aubrey: ya, understood perfectly. There's always the ups and downs in the entire reno process, esp so for us during the rectifications!! That i think zapped out all my remaining energy. Now u shd be busy unpacking and hunting for things to doll up ur pretty new house! :P