Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aubrey

Retrospectrum Meets Modernisation!

yup rondy, he said the ones in my kitchen is good for acid wash. they've done it for me. just pending the polishing cos some tiles, u can still feel the wax on it. i have to admit its my first reno and there's lots i dont know. but if he wants to polish then ok pls polish. if not maybe i can suggest what u said. now have to point out the parts that needs touching up (u pointed a few out that day! thanks! uncle changed all the chipped tiles for me on that same day)

yup im in my 20s.. 23 to be exact. :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

aubrey, the tiles at your hall seems similiar to mine. For mine, I cannot do acid wash, not even diluted, so they will do polishing instead. same as what LSH staff said to me. I also cannot use strong solution to clean, it has to be mild. and those in the showroom are polished too. However, they do sell the solution for the tiles if we cannot remove stubborn stains.

fannie, i know about the wax issue, both SL and LSH has informed me. its to protect the floor during the reno. or at least that's what they said. about the cleaning, i did not ask. too happy choosing tiles so forgot to ask. :P i suppose uncle has not polished for you? wow my choice of tiles needs me to magic clean it everyday!! :( lucky both me and mom have short hair, cannot imagine us having long hair. think after 1 year we can sell wigs.

rondy: not too sure.. uncle just said that one cannot acid wash. im fine as long as its clean like u said! technically we've moved back due to time constraint. other than that, i think its still not an official HO since missing a number of items. for the wallpaper, they got this other guy to handle it from their old guy who was giving smallboy problems. similar to what u said about the air bubbles. i'll love to see them do it!

for the doorway, i asked uncle and he said do wrongly. but in the hustle bustle i didnt ask him what is to be done. and ya, i kinda forgot about it till now. :S i got to write it down and ask him how now.

aubrey, they have yet to polish mine. Uncle says will do it like...this week?! Hope this goes on.

I guess my choice of tile needs quite a bit of maintenance too!

For wallpapaer, Jason they all now liase direct with goodrich as I am also choosing wallpaper for my tv feature wall. I think they should give us less problems right?

yup rondy, he said the ones in my kitchen is good for acid wash. they've done it for me. just pending the polishing cos some tiles, u can still feel the wax on it. i have to admit its my first reno and there's lots i dont know. but if he wants to polish then ok pls polish. if not maybe i can suggest what u said. now have to point out the parts that needs touching up (u pointed a few out that day! thanks! uncle changed all the chipped tiles for me on that same day)

yup im in my 20s.. 23 to be exact. :P

have been away for some time...seems tat your reno has more or less completed. waiting for your completed reno pics... :D

actually it's quite siong for you at your age to handle this reno alone, however you are doing a great job aubrey... :good:

I use the white tile in my living room too … And I just found out that it cannot be acid wash. Immediately call up my contractor to check with him (cos they doing chem Washing last night) Heng they know it .

@ fannie

yes i think goodrich should be better and liasing with them direct should be even better! but i KS i have not chosen anything so tv is still in box in my room, my tiny tv is in place where the tv console is. i will ask whats the "warranty" like for them. :)

@ rondy

yup there's lots i spotted after living in. so i have wrote it down on tape and stuck it wherever. lots to touch up on, but its the small stuff.

@ joseeng

yea it's **** tiring but im loving it. there's ups and downs but i am quite lucky to play a part in creating my dream home with my mom! :)

@ simon

i should think that the tile company would have informed the contractor/ID about all these. they polished your tiles in that case?

does any ah soon customer have any news of uncle today?

dunno leh. he seem very busy today. I gave him problem also, cz i can't read the model code of my tiles properly =p. And he had to order tiles seperately twice for me today cz i last minute decide to do tiling in my bedrooms too instead of laminate =p. I think i'll call him up in a few minutes. He said, if he can he would meet up with me today to show me and sign the typed-up quotation. eurgh... wife told me to make some minor measurement adjustments to our mirrors and wardrobe..i hope uncle doesn't need to retype because of these...

dunno leh. he seem very busy today. I gave him problem also, cz i can't read the model code of my tiles properly =p. And he had to order tiles seperately twice for me today cz i last minute decide to do tiling in my bedrooms too instead of laminate =p. I think i'll call him up in a few minutes. He said, if he can he would meet up with me today to show me and sign the typed-up quotation. eurgh... wife told me to make some minor measurement adjustments to our mirrors and wardrobe..i hope uncle doesn't need to retype because of these...

suggest u take some paper n pen along. If there any amendement or some ataff need to add or to decribe in detail...u can write it down on the spot and attach to the quotation.Get him to sign n chop on what u wrote also.

For me, i took the chinese quote from him, do up a english quote(with chinese subtitle) and explain to him all the detail and specification which i need.Then get him signed on both, u keep 1 n he keep 1. Hope this help.:)

suggest u take some paper n pen along. If there any amendement or some ataff need to add or to decribe in detail...u can write it down on the spot and attach to the quotation.Get him to sign n chop on what u wrote also.

For me, i took the chinese quote from him, do up a english quote(with chinese subtitle) and explain to him all the detail and specification which i need.Then get him signed on both, u keep 1 n he keep 1. Hope this help.:)

good idea. Will get from him the next time we meet. he got carry his chop with him all the time? Sometimes the changes abit the spur of the moment one leh.

good idea. Will get from him the next time we meet. he got carry his chop with him all the time? Sometimes the changes abit the spur of the moment one leh.

the chop is in his famous green van lor.:P

What i did also leave some coloum as optional items.So ask him to quote an write it down in pen. I wrote both in english n chinese in bothe copies lor.So i told him we base the quote on the orginal items...the optional...if i want to do...will cat it under VO lor...so it easier for me n him also.

so u guys managed to get him today?? he told me he's having some problems today.. hmm.

Yup.. I got Uncle today.. He's having quite a tough time today..