Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aubrey

Retrospectrum Meets Modernisation!

yeah, now your reno almost done, can go pursue your studies.

I'm now studying and working and busy with upcoming reno.

Really not much mood to study, especially with all the assignments coming in.

Think old lia...brain cell juice dry up le. :wacko:

So start young if can..

You mum oso like to host friends at home?

Thats one reason why we upgrade to a slight bigger house.

cos when friends come over, so cramp.

and i like to have family over to my place for potluck. but when i was in my 4rm, can't be done much.

cos govt build sk flats smaller and smaller.

unlike those older 4rm, so spacious.

Anyway, really hope this weekend will be your last time seeing all the workers.

With all carpentry done and any rectifications to be done 美美。

sounds exactly like me but thankfully my exams are just over... some time to take care of things now...

---------------------------

hi audrey, good to hear that you've finally found your contractor (since I last read/posted)... :D I went MIA for a while for exams and now back, I've to think looking for mine

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

fannie, elder goh came to do quick acid wash for my shower + toilet area, and he told me your door is a nice matt white and he said he will "redo" my main door for me (strip it of its current colour and paint again) cos he thinks your door is real nice. :) do u have pics of your door??

pet, u want me to ask elder goh to paint for u?? hehehe!! then u can meet him.

pinkiedreamy, wow it is not easy to balance work, studies and reno, esp if u are overseeing it yourself! i have become my own PM over uncle and i contact the various subcon myself too. so yea, it is really tough n i can understand the part about the assignments. when i do go back to sch, most prolly next yr, im gonna give it all i've got to score a good grade to seal it once and for all. :) hope u will get good grades too!

hmm so far the space is still ok cos we dont have much relatives and when her friends come, its quite a small gathering. im the one who would bring my horde of friends over to my place. :P i cant say she likes to host, all i know is that she was embarrassed about the previous state of our house. she's not the only one, i was too.

i dont think this weekend is the last to see them cos i still have painting touch ups and some minor stuff to rectify and i doubt it can be done on sat since there's gonna be a workers' party. :P will keep all updated here!

merryman

hi merryman! understand u must have been busy. hope u find a good ID to do your house. u can read the first post of my tblog where i state who i met and feel are ok if u need more selection. :)

i also going to repaint white. initially when they ask me I ask for brown frames since my door is brown. but turn out super obiang the brown. I wonder whether they can paint or spray-paint the veneer doors or not huh?

yay my re-tiling is done!! but the dust still remains despite cleaning up. :P

Before: floor tiles were slippery with just water on it. may be acceptable to some younger couples but not recommended for those with old folks at home. i miss this floor tho, love the black with silvery glitter on it. :P

_MG_2673.jpg

After: 100% improvement! elder goh told me to recommend this tile on the forum to let others doing reno to be aware that this is a good tile to pick for those with old folks at home. the not so nice tiler uncle in his words to me: "this tile is so hard to cut! very sturdy u know!! this tile is meant for elephants!!" -_- ok so u all know im an elephant now.

_MG_2687.jpg

My not so naked shower area!

_MG_2689.jpg

a peek into the toilet! im loving it. :) oh did i mention this is dark grey tiles with also glitter on the tiles?? :)

_MG_2690.jpg

if anyone wants the model number for the tiles, drop me a message!

i should have tested my tiles earlier...mine is black with some shimmer when wet. it's not slippery :)

but really good to know elder sayang this little princess and willing to go the extra mile for u! lucky u leh!!!

i also going to repaint white. initially when they ask me I ask for brown frames since my door is brown. but turn out super obiang the brown. I wonder whether they can paint or spray-paint the veneer doors or not huh?

i think u can repaint the frames, but not spray paint the veneer doors. its easier to re-paint that after all.

_MG_2690.jpg

if anyone wants the model number for the tiles, drop me a message!

Did you buy your own floor waste trap? It's not the normal plastic one, isn't it? Is it made from stainless steel? Mine is the plastic one provided by Uncle

asugama, this metal grating can request from uncle. When the tilers were doing my place, I specifically requested them to get the metal one for me cos i think it'll look better than the plastic ones.

Tiler told me so long as uncle says ok they will buy, so I just tell them to just fix it and get uncle to charge me. But I think uncle won't charge lah, this is not that expensive i think cost about $1.50 versus the less than $1 white ones?

One thing the tiler told me is the metal one may corrode over time.

asugama, ivy is right. initially it was plastic but i thought it didnt look so nice. uncle said its ok to change to the other, cost is like 50cents difference as mentioned by ivy.

however!! i was not told about the rusting problem. :/ hope it dont rust on me so soon.

i should have tested my tiles earlier...mine is black with some shimmer when wet. it's not slippery :)

but really good to know elder sayang this little princess and willing to go the extra mile for u! lucky u leh!!!

i like the black tiles a lot!! but the slipperyness is an issue. weird that if we have same tiles how come mine is slippery while your batch is okay. anyway, that tile is out of stock cos the company manufacturing it went bust. :(

Hi Aubrey,so eventually u didnt shift away your sink from the shower ah?I guess its already fixed,quite messy to do so liao.

can shift if i want to but i didnt cos firstly, it will look odd. secondly, after using the shower and the sink, visually it feels cramped but i did not bump into it while showering like i thought i would. so its ok. heh.

i bet u when my cousins come over, they will bump into it for sure. :o

yay tmr is sat!!! cant wait! and after the acid wash session where elder goh came by, he put this evil idea in my head after saying that my lights in the living room is not bright enough. he suggested downlights! and i am seriously contemplating it.

i asked uncle soon to quote me, i can feel him fainting after i told him i was thinking of getting downlights. (huh! everything do alr now u want to do downlight? must take out the cornice and do again! u sure?!?!?)

yay tmr is sat!!! cant wait! and after the acid wash session where elder goh came by, he put this evil idea in my head after saying that my lights in the living room is not bright enough. he suggested downlights! and i am seriously contemplating it.

i asked uncle soon to quote me, i can feel him fainting after i told him i was thinking of getting downlights. (huh! everything do alr now u want to do downlight? must take out the cornice and do again! u sure?!?!?)

wah..u sure? floor will get dirty again. likely need to repaint or touchup the wall due to scratches.

ceiling or false ceiling or L box need to repaint

if the carpentry kena scratches, will heart pain or not? :P

Edited by ocheeeng