Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aubrey

Retrospectrum Meets Modernisation!

hello all, i am back from ANOTHER DUSTY WEEKEND.

feel like dying cleaning every week. feel even worse than cinderella. i think my mom is on the brink of collapse so when elder goh asked about downlights, my mom said she wants to postpone. this time, im gonna take my time and since i know nothing about the placement of downlights, i am gonna research and plan it well first before executing it. its a lot of mess so i think it will be quite some time away if i choose to do.

anyway, the carpentry is in but no pics since its all messy, cluttered and still a little undone. ah liew is ok, just that there's a lot of scratches all over, such as on a few doors and the planks within the shelves. i dont want him to patch it up anymore cos some of what his men patched looks ugly like nonsense so i will request for him to replace those that i cant accept. sorry but enough is enough with the ugly patching and more paint pens patching. urgh.

ah tan is also due to come in today to fix up some electric points for me. i dont have internet due to lack of points. -_- then i still need to wait for wallpaper to be installed this weekend and tv to be mounted before it is complete.

no more lights under my kitchen cabinets since ah tan mentioned to add on now will look ugly with the extra protrusion of wood. sigh. quite disappointed cos uncle soon says can but did not warn me about this.

and i am alone at work for the week so i suspect by the end of this month, im going to look like some bai fa mo nu. :(

i hope everything will settle for u nicely soon!

hey, the cleaning part, i used the splashing method in the kitchen/balcony...2 most dusty areas and washed them a few times b4 i clean the hall. it helps and just one week, no more powdery feel already...in fact after 3 days, no more powdery feel...and the detergent I used also helps i guess!

i posted the picture of my door!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hello all, i am back from ANOTHER DUSTY WEEKEND.

feel like dying cleaning every week. feel even worse than cinderella. i think my mom is on the brink of collapse so when elder goh asked about downlights, my mom said she wants to postpone. this time, im gonna take my time and since i know nothing about the placement of downlights, i am gonna research and plan it well first before executing it. its a lot of mess so i think it will be quite some time away if i choose to do.

anyway, the carpentry is in but no pics since its all messy, cluttered and still a little undone. ah liew is ok, just that there's a lot of scratches all over, such as on a few doors and the planks within the shelves. i dont want him to patch it up anymore cos some of what his men patched looks ugly like nonsense so i will request for him to replace those that i cant accept. sorry but enough is enough with the ugly patching and more paint pens patching. urgh.

ah tan is also due to come in today to fix up some electric points for me. i dont have internet due to lack of points. -_- then i still need to wait for wallpaper to be installed this weekend and tv to be mounted before it is complete.

no more lights under my kitchen cabinets since ah tan mentioned to add on now will look ugly with the extra protrusion of wood. sigh. quite disappointed cos uncle soon says can but did not warn me about this.

and i am alone at work for the week so i suspect by the end of this month, im going to look like some bai fa mo nu. :(

aubrey jiayou, don't be despair...

for the lights, is it for the top or bottom cabinet? if top, have to do a longer plank of wood to cover the t5. another option is to get one from ikea with metal enclosure, not so unsightly.

i've been cleaning almost every weekend, everything is almost pristine white in the house. ok the bulk is the floor. Lol, after mopping the tiles wet I'll kneel down to wipe dry. Super good exercise haha.

fed up now so need to rant. carpenter is unable to give me the glass for my table top so i cant pack my things again. very fed up. keep delaying and delaying and only told me a while back. planned to go home early today to settle it once and for all but not needed anymore. so much for allocating time for that from work.

n when i tell my mom she is gonna nag in general about them, which i hate to hear. nag them not me!!!!

3rdly, my table top was scratched while they were cutting an O shape for the wires. they patched it with silicon and now that the silicon has dried, it looks like yellowy white from the white table top. i told ah liew, he just said he will "chup" for me. still can tell me cannot be seen when glass is placed on it. if he is gonna give me all these excuse about CLEAR GLASS COVERING and i cannot see from my sitting angle, i am seriously gonna chew some heads off! I am getting this first hand, not some second hand furniture. either gimme the whole thing nicely or i rather not have it at all.

some basic standards in workmanship ought to be there. sad to see people with no pride in their work.

Hang on there gal.. The table top must be changed, no excuse should be entertained..

Edited by booy

Eh? who is this ah liew? i thought you mentioned ah di doing your carpentry now? *confused*

I'm sad to hear that you seem to still be having trouble with carpentry. Hope things improve for you soon. Hang in there and jia you!

fed up now so need to rant. carpenter is unable to give me the glass for my table top so i cant pack my things again. very fed up. keep delaying and delaying and only told me a while back. planned to go home early today to settle it once and for all but not needed anymore. so much for allocating time for that from work.

n when i tell my mom she is gonna nag in general about them, which i hate to hear. nag them not me!!!!

3rdly, my table top was scratched while they were cutting an O shape for the wires. they patched it with silicon and now that the silicon has dried, it looks like yellowy white from the white table top. i told ah liew, he just said he will "chup" for me. still can tell me cannot be seen when glass is placed on it. if he is gonna give me all these excuse about CLEAR GLASS COVERING and i cannot see from my sitting angle, i am seriously gonna chew some heads off! I am getting this first hand, not some second hand furniture. either gimme the whole thing nicely or i rather not have it at all.

some basic standards in workmanship ought to be there. sad to see people with no pride in their work.

Aubrey, just to share my experience. When you have more "chup", you will definitely see more problems. Remember I was talking about my hollow tiles. After rectification and inserting chemical, still can find hollow tiles. Never mind, the worst part is my tv console, shoe rack have lots of scratches and knocks. Very heart pain. When I complain about it, guess what, they use a marker to just paint on scratches and knocks. Wah lau eh, looks really cheapo and that's why I do not want any major rectification anymore. The more rectification, the more damages introduce. I was so heartpain to see the workers drag the heavy toolboxes from the kitchen to MBR. So think I have had enough.

hmm..actually can just change the lamination and solve the problem right? :unsure:

From my understanding with the carpenter, it's actually not very simple. For shoe rack, due the trimmed edges. I was told they will use another laminate to paste on top of it. For tv console, to change the laminate, need to dismantle some of the wall features. Then again, it might cause damaged to other laminate on the features. Another easier way will be to cut out the damaged laminate and glue a new one. Then you will see a separation between two laminates.

Still in a dilema to change to not to change.

chenge it gaku. these will continue to bug u! I also found a spot in my MBR wardrobe door, think the workers accidentally scraped off the white paint on the glass and I am gonna call ah wei to get it changed.

My empathy goes out to you, aubrey. We can never have peace of mind when works are not completed, and especially when there is no fixed deadline for full completion.

Stay strong - hehe, though it is easier said than done.

chenge it gaku. these will continue to bug u! I also found a spot in my MBR wardrobe door, think the workers accidentally scraped off the white paint on the glass and I am gonna call ah wei to get it changed.

MBR cabinet should be ok to change. But console will be difficult. I will talk to the carpenter boss to hear if it can be changed. Think Ah Wei can change things easily cos he is in uncle's good book. My carpenter is otherwise.

*hugs* really can't help u much gaku...can only hope everything will be over for u soon...really feels bad to hear both u and aubrey faces problems...