Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
asugama

Our Home Sweet Home @ Bishan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
thanks jesperbg and pinkpetter! :)

building your very own home is so exciting!!!

XiaoBinBin: Does your unit have the same floor plan as us? The beam is our biggest problem as well.. We just tried to cover it with false ceiling.. can't cover the whole beam though...

Pinkpetter: yeah, we are doing the whole flat... and now there're still a couple of additional items in our wish list... hahaha... hope we can work them out within our tight budget... :P

asugama: my floor plan is different from yours.

store room in btwn two bedrooms and mbr is next to kitchen.

ur rooms will be spacious because toilets are external but mine internal.

my unit is @ st 24...urs?

Edited by XiaoBinBin

Better not know too much...later I heartache ahhhh~!

Managed to seal the deal below valuation after scouting 2-3mths in the area.

Wow so good can deal below valuation..

Haha...yeah better don't ask also..

Afraid I heard and heart pain :P

Hi Asaguma, Mrs Frog and BinBin,

Nice to see some fellow Bishanites around.

I'm also living in a 4S in Bishan St 13 (currently up for sale) and will soon be moving out to another flat at St 24.

Yes, agreed a common problem is with beams and not forgetting, alot of areas of exposed water and gas pipes.

Because of the beams, running air-con trunking can also be a major nightmare, especially at the ceiling area which falls between 2 rooms. You can end up having like 2 criss-crossed rectangular blocks of trunking that will look unsightly if you don't conceal it. Also most of the walls usually come in pretty rough shape in original condition. If you're particular about smooth walls, you'll end up spending a fair bit to re-plaster.

Did up my 4S about 4.5 years ago (major reno, 100% overhaul) and 2 years ago (Minor reno - repaint and addition of new structures).

Hope to get to know you guys.

Details of my current flat are at another post: Post on my Bishan 4S for Sale

Edited by adrian_john

Hi Asaguma, Mrs Frog and BinBin,

Nice to see some fellow Bishanites around.

I'm also living in a 4S in Bishan St 13 (currently up for sale) and will soon be moving out to another flat at St 24.

Yes, agreed a common problem is with beams and not forgetting, alot of areas of exposed water and gas pipes.

Because of the beams, running air-con trunking can also be a major nightmare, especially at the ceiling area which falls between 2 rooms. You can end up having like 2 criss-crossed rectangular blocks of trunking that will look unsightly if you don't conceal it. Also most of the walls usually come in pretty rough shape in original condition. If you're particular about smooth walls, you'll end up spending a fair bit to re-plaster.

Did up my 4S about 4.5 years ago (major reno, 100% overhaul) and 2 years ago (Minor reno - repaint and addition of new structures).

Hope to get to know you guys.

Wah, so many Bishanites. I am officially a Bishanite since 4 months ago... :P Staying at St 12, 4S unit. :-)

@adrian_john

Hello Neighbour! I'm also @ st 24 on the hill top =)

To all Bishanites:

I've no solution for the beam...haa forcing the living room into two

luckily mine is parallel to kitchen - i can made it into dining hall

the prev owner made use of the beam to hang his projector.

nonetheless i like bishan!!! :P

Question open to all:

HTB is thinking of DIY wall painting, saves quite a sum of money but I really ponder when is the best time to paint when you engage renovators too?

<Info for all>

Crazy Ang Mo boss @ St 24 also selling his unit and I happen to visit before knowing who he is. Unfortunately his unit has too many rooms hacked. one room hacked to make mbr bigger and one room hacked to make a living room. Morale of the story: don't hack your walls unnecessarily!

Wah, so many Bishanites. I am officially a Bishanite since 4 months ago... :P Staying at St 12, 4S unit. :-)

Hi Lakaik,

Very nice house you got there. Hope you're enjoying Bishan.

My house is essentially the same layout as yours except its the mirror image/opposite direction.

yeah.. we like Bishan also...

As for the beam, this is really a big headache.. we are thinking of placing the dining table right below the beam.. Actually we want to buy dining light as well and hang it below the beam, but scare the wiring will turn out to be quite messy.

Anyone has the same layout and care to share their ideas??