Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
asugama

Our Home Sweet Home @ Bishan

Hi, i think that i am too late to welcome you, but still welcome! i love your unit layout. it's very big. how much u buy? can share? somemore at Bishan leh. very good location!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, i think that i am too late to welcome you, but still welcome! i love your unit layout. it's very big. how much u buy? can share? somemore at Bishan leh. very good location!!

We bought it during the high period, and ended up paying around 400k for this unit....

hmmmm according to fengshui, do not sit under the beam.

Yeah, we heard about it also.. But no other place to put the dining table anymore :( . So we try to arrange the dining table to such a way that we are not sitting right below the beam.

positionofdiningtable.jpg

mm.... quite true... Tonight meeting up with Jason to discuss the carpentry work... Will see how it goes with all of the things fit in...

mm.... quite true... Tonight meeting up with Jason to discuss the carpentry work... Will see how it goes with all of the things fit in...

How did the discussion go? :)

How did the discussion go? :)

Yesterday we managed to meet up with both Asoon and Jason.. We have the feeling of striking 4D consolidation prize... haha...

We did some measurements, and we think that it's actually alright with the current arrangement. But 1 sad news, Jason said that our ceiling is too low (only 2.47m) so cannot do false ceiling :( This is a major blow even before the renovation starts.. we think it's not so nice without false ceiling.... Jason recommended to use L-box instead... but not sure how to design the L-box now..

We suspect that the previous owner did overlay for the living room and kitchen... Haiizz... We can only know after we hack the living and kitchen floor tiles... So, if it's overlay then we can still do the false ceiling... But Asoon has to do double work to hack 2 layers of tiles :P So finger crossed...

Then for the tiles we need to top up additional 200 dols for 1 side of the wall using the expensive tiles... Asoon said need to top up, we also don't want to bargain too much because there're definitely more things to add on as the renovation progress... And hope that Asoon can give us better price...

Before they left, Jason left us 2 laminate catalog for us to choose for the carpentry: lamiTak and edl... We heard people said lamiTak is better, but we found it has very limited choice, edl has more design and the pattern is nicer also... So most probably we will use edl instead of lamiTak...

Then today we went to look for curtain, as the previous owner left us 2 sets of curtains for living and bedroom 2 and 3, so we only need to 1 roman blind for master room and 1 string curtain at the study corner... But we was setback by the high quotation S$570.00 for the roman blind (1.9mx1.5m) and S$190 for the string curtain (3.2m) including the installation.. So, if anyone knows where to get cheaper curtain, please PM me.. Cheers..

yeah!!!! glad to hear that you will be using the expensive tile and the top up is only 200! give it give it!! it's worth it! I tried to "con" Ah soon into not topping up and he goes :" cannot lahhhhhhhhhh..." hahaha but he's yet to tell me how much to top up.. pretty anxious to know how much more I'll incur...

asugama

haha BOTH TOGETHER? You really "struck 4D"! Glad that it was fruitful for you!

mm $200 isn't very much if that's really what you want.. so you're getting the exp tile?

asugama

haha BOTH TOGETHER? You really "struck 4D"! Glad that it was fruitful for you!

mm $200 isn't very much if that's really what you want.. so you're getting the exp tile?

Yes, we will use the expensive tiles for 1 side of the wall... btw, care to share where you bought your curtain?

Yes, we will use the expensive tiles for 1 side of the wall... btw, care to share where you bought your curtain?

curtain? Mine are roller blinds.. for all the bedrooms. Jimmy Textiles at Tanjong Katong Complex along Geylang Serai. Opposite the ultra famous hawker centre of recent. :P

MMMmmM $100 per panel of 1.5m X 1.5m. I needed 2 panels for each set of windows. :)

If you're referring to the string curtains I got them from another shop 3 doors away from Jimmy for $30+. Jimmy was selling them for $48. :P

curtain? Mine are roller blinds.. for all the bedrooms. Jimmy Textiles at Tanjong Katong Complex along Geylang Serai. Opposite the ultra famous hawker centre of recent. :P

MMMmmM $100 per panel of 1.5m X 1.5m. I needed 2 panels for each set of windows. :)

If you're referring to the string curtains I got them from another shop 3 doors away from Jimmy for $30+. Jimmy was selling them for $48. :P

Thanks for the info.

Hmmm...Probably I should try out the ultra famous Rojak tomorrow when I go there :D ...

hahaha kidding :P

Thanks for the info.

Hmmm...Probably I should try out the ultra famous Rojak tomorrow when I go there :D ...

hahaha kidding :P

wah... aisay that whole place is condemned for the time being... I think the picture of the rats really haunts everyone.

Happy talking to them tomorrow! I compared the prices for the roller blinds for all the shops on that floor and jimmy had the best deal. :)