Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
asugama

Our Home Sweet Home @ Bishan

Heya Asugama,

Looks like your place is turning out really nice! Glad to see the progress!

Very nicely organised kitchen and sleek living room!

Great work with the cove lights and false ceilings too, I guess they really help to conceal the pipes as well as minimise the effects of the infamous 'Bishan Beams'. :)

Thanks.. yeah we are quite glad that it turns out to be fine..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
QUOTE (asugama @ May 27 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And lastly, the other 2 bedrooms... Nothing is done on the other 2 bedrooms, just installed new lights:

Bedroom II:

Hi Asugama,

Mind sharing the colour code u use bedroom II? Thanks!

It should be ICI Petal Pink, the code is: LS24708

Edited by asugama

Today not much progress... All rubbish and paints have been removed.. But..... the floor tiles are still very very dirty! !! Very scared they cannot be cleaned anymore...

This is the only new addition today:

Edited by asugama

And the false ceiling in MBR wardrobe:

img2061u.jpg

You just solved my living room lighting dilemma!!

This is the only new addition today:

img2083l.jpg

Er. Abit stupid to ask but do you mean a length of mirror was installed on the wall? Got question to ask, when you mount the mirror to the wall, it's protruding out right? If i'm not wrong this will be your dining area right? Aren't you worried someone may push their chair too much and bang into the mirror?

I like the half length mirror.. Wanted to do something similar.. End up run out of budget liao.. :)

I'm doing it too, that's why i'm asking asugama =p

No, it's not protruding out. There's wood plank at the back and the part with laminate is thicker wood plank. It serves as the frame for the mirror.. so the join between the mirror and the laminate are flat when you touch it... It's our dining area, to prevent the mirror being knocked by chairs or the dining table, we decided to do half length only. The laminate is around 1m height from the floor, and the dining table is usually around 85-90cm. So we got some buffer between the table and the mirror.

Edited by asugama

No, it's not protruding out. There's wood plank at the back and the part with laminate is thicker wood plank. It serves as the frame for the mirror.. so the join between the mirror and the laminate are flat when you touch it... It's our dining area, to prevent the mirror being knocked by chairs or the dining table, we decided to do half length only. The laminate is around 1m height from the floor, and the dining table is usually around 85-90cm. So we got some buffer between the table and the mirror.

wootz =) Good. Since uncle did yours this way, he should know what to do for mine too =p Thanks for sharing the info asugama

wootz =) Good. Since uncle did yours this way, he should know what to do for mine too =p Thanks for sharing the info asugama

mm... I think you better clarify with your carpenter, because this is done by Ah Wei.. Not sure about other carpenter also..

Other than Goodrich, do you know any where can get nice wallpaper?? Went to Goodrich to ask for quotation for the MBR headboard and tv feature wall area.. And I was quoted 1k for the wallpaper and installation... the installation itself costs me 300 bucks... Not sure if DIY is possible hahaha...

Looks like your half length mirror is very well-planned.. The height is just nice.. :)

For the wallpaper, it's quite big piece for the entire wall, hard to DIY cos might have a lot of bubble.. you can try asking Uncle Soon to paste for you.. But no guarantee that he can do it well too..

mm... I think you better clarify with your carpenter, because this is done by Ah Wei.. Not sure about other carpenter also..

Can can. Heh. I was just feeling a little bit lazy. Today spent an hour plus going over my quotation with uncle asking him about details until i v. tired le. =p

About the wallpaper, check this thread out: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19582

Haizz... Today supposed to meet up with Uncle Soon to discuss about the stainless steel backing, but as usually he didn't turn up... We can't wait anymore as the lcd tv and the home theater have all been setup, so we decided to lock the door and gate so I guess this is considered HO?

Is it common that they put silicon at the back of the hood? It's very obvious and unsightly:

Took a couple of pics:

Completed MBR Bathroom with mirror:

Toshiba Regza LCD TV + LG Home Theater System:

Edited by asugama

Haizz... Today supposed to meet up with Uncle Soon to discuss about the stainless steel backing, but as usually he didn't turn up... We can't wait anymore as the lcd tv and the home theater have all been setup, so we decided to lock the door and gate so I guess this is considered HO?

Is it common that they put silicon at the back of the hood? It's very obvious and unsightly:

img2129vkk.jpg

img2130qoh.jpg

Took a couple of pics:

Completed MBR Bathroom with mirror:

img2133p.jpg

Toshiba Regza LCD TV + LG Home Theater System:

img2139n.jpg

ur MBR toilet is very nice....and the LG HT system looks good too....how much is it?

Edited by Bon07